The only Hot Wings recipe you will ever need!
These aren’t just any hot wings. These hot wings are coated in a flavorful rub then smothered in a perfect marriage of honey, molasses and honey hot wings sauce AKA the best Buffalo wings ever! If you’re looking or traditional Hot wings, I’ve also included that recipe too with the same life changing rub! These hot wings will fly off the plate – almost literally, especially dunked in ranch or blue cheese dressing!
How to Make Hot wings Video
Easy Hot Wings Recipe
Usually I am a pretty decisive person. Whenever I was going on a date in college, my roommate would tease me “you’ll know tonight”- meaning I wouldn’t waste his or my time with a second date if I didn’t think it was going anywhere. I had a lot of first and last dates.
When it comes to food, I am also usually pretty decisive. But when it comes to which variation of hot sauce concoction to smother your hot wings with (traditional hot sauce, honey hot sauce, or a combo of the two) I am really indecisive.
In this case of win-win-win sauces to make the best hot wings, I just couldn’t bring myself to pick which sauce I liked best – or thought you would like best – it would be like choosing your favorite child – they are all special and different. So I’ve included three variations of hot sauces that you can choose from depending on your mood and you can start with the Buffalo Honey Hot Wings if you are indecisive. But the great news is, you can’t go wrong with any of the sauces, especially when the wings themselves are to live for smothered in the tantalizing rub.
So I guess the real question is, not what sauce you will pick, but rather, Are you ready for the BEST Buffalo Wings – ever?!!! As in even better than any “wings” place you have ever been to? And easy enough that you will never be tempted to buy hot wings again? In fact, when Patrick and I went out on a double date to a wings joint, we both left feeling completely cheated. Cheated we had spent our hard earned money on wings that may be good by the world’s standards but mediocre compared to the standard of these Buffalo Hot Wings. It’s a high standard.
Ingredients for Baked Hot Wings
This hot chicken wings recipe can be used as a springboard to make pretty much any wings you’d like! In the recipe card below, I’ve listed the ingredients needed to make either buffalo wing sauce or honey hot sauce (spicy or mild).
But to make the flavorful wings themselves, you’ll need:
- Chicken wings: You want skin-on, bone-in chicken wings. Rinse and pat them dry before rubbing with the spice mixture.
- Baking powder: You won’t be able to taste the baking powder but in simplified terms it helps draw moisture to the surface of the skin where it evaporates, breaks down proteins within the skin and accelerates the browning process resulting in crispy, baked hot wings.
- Brown sugar: Balances out the spicy sauce and rub.
- Spices: A mixture of chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Homemade Hot Wings
These hot wings are layered in spices, crispy on the outside yet juicy on the inside and smothered in hot sauce or honey hot sauce. They are restaurant (or better!) delicious but you will be AMAZED at just how easy these buffalo wings are to make!
- First, rinse and pat the wings dry, this will help make your wings extra crispy.
- Whisk together all of the rub ingredients of chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, etc. and baking powder to make them crispy.
- To achieve this finger licking goodness, all you do is line your pan (for easy clean up), add your wings to a bag to shake with the spices and bake until crispy.
- Then you toss in your simple sauce of a little butter, honey, molasses and hot sauce. So every crispy hot wing is smothered in tangy sweet buffalo hotness.
These buffalo wings are so good, I was eating them at every stage – baked with only the rub, baked with the rub and smothered in sauce and then baked with the rub, smothered in sauce then dipped in blue cheese sauce. If I didn’t have pictures I would have lost count of how many wings this recipe makes!
In addition to their delish factor, these buffalo wings make the perfect appetizer for any occasion (like New Year’s!) because all of the prep can be done beforehand and because everyone loves crispy smothered chicken that you get to dip and dip and dip.
How Wings Sauce Options
What’s the best hot sauce for wings? You tell me! Here’s a little breakdown of the three hot wing sauce options:
1. Traditional Buffalo Hot Wings Sauce tastes like traditional hot wings flavor by combining hot sauce, molasses and butter – traditional and amazing.
2. Buffalo Honey Hot Wings Sauce (pictured in this post) is a balance of honey and hot sauce for the sweet and spicy combination I adore. This sauce also uses molasses and butter but the primary ingredient is honey which is then spiced with
These hot chicken wings can easily be prepped ahead of time. Leftover buffalo wings should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When properly stored, chicken wings are good for days. You can reheat the chicken wing in the oven or the air fryer. These baked buffalo wings freeze well, but note that they may lose some of their crispness once frozen. You can serve these buffalo hot wings as a main course or as an appetizer. Here are some recipes that pair well with these buffalo wings: You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place! Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Tips for Making Baked Hot Wings
Can I Prep Homemade Hot Wings in Advance?
How to Store Baked Hot Wings
How to Reheat Hot Wings
How to Reheat Hot Wings in the AIR FRYER:
How to Reheat Hot Wings in the Oven:
CAN I FREEZE Hot Chicken Wings?
What to Serve with Hot Wings
Looking for More Chicken Wings Recipes?
Tools Used in This Recipe
Buffalo Honey Hot Wings and Traditional Buffalo Hot Wings
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
Traditional Buffalo Hot Wings Sauce
Buffalo Honey Hot Wings Sauce
Buffalo Mild Honey Hot Wings
These hot chicken wings can easily be prepped ahead of time.
Leftover buffalo wings should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When properly stored, chicken wings are good for days.
You can reheat the chicken wing in the oven or the air fryer.
These baked buffalo wings freeze well, but note that they may lose some of their crispness once frozen.
You can serve these buffalo hot wings as a main course or as an appetizer. Here are some recipes that pair well with these buffalo wings:
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
leave a review