Mexican Corn Dip is creamy cheesy, packed with flavor and one of the easiest, tastiest appetizers you will ever make!
This quick and easy Mexican Corn Dip recipe is hot, bubbly, cheesy perfection. It is bursting with fresh corn, onions, garlic, salsa verde, cream cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise to create the perfect combination of crunchy, creamy, sweet, salty, and spicy (customizable). This hot Corn Dip recipe can be made in advance, reheats beautifully and can even be made in the slow cooker! Serve it with tortilla chips and you have a fabulous, easy Cinco de Mayo appetizer, Game Day appetizer or any party appetizer. This Mexican Corn Dip is our favorite Hot Corn Dip Recipe – soon you will taste why!
I am always in search of AH-mazing, crowd pleasing appetizers, and when they also happen to be easy, no fail and stress free like Homemade Salsa, Queso Fundido and Jalapeno Popper Dip, I have to force myself not to make them just for a crowd of one. For this Corn Dip, I decided to create a fusion of my favorite Mexican flavors of salsa verde with creamy Corn Dip and this Mexican Corn Dip was born. I may or may not have devoured the entire skillet.
This Mexican Corn Dip is nice and creamy but with the satisfying addition of hearty sweet corn and bell peppers perfectly cocooned in every cheesy bite. Salsa verde adds an intoxicating depth of flavor without being overpowering while Monterrey cheese and cheddar cheese add an amazing depth of cheesiliciousness. So you have flavorful, creamy, cheesy with texture – my kind of can’t-stop-eating-dip!
WHAT ARE INGREDIENTS ARE IN MEXICAN CORN DIP?
- fresh corn: I prefer fresh corn for this Mexican Corn Dip but you may also use canned sweet corn. For a time saver against shucking your corn, you can purchase pre-packaged corn.
- salsa verde: the salsa verde is the secret ingredient in this Corn Dip. It adds a bright, tanginess that cuts through the richness of the dip. I recommend using mild salsa verde then adding cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste.
- red bell pepper: adds a subtle crunch and sweetness for a layer of complex flavor.
- cream cheese: make sure you soften your cream cheese well so it mixes easily (see section below). Full fat cream cheese is more creamy and melts better but you may use less fat cream cheese.
- sour cream: the sour cream adds a wonderful creaminess that can’t be beat. Full fat sour cream melts better but you may use nonfat.
- mayonnaise: adds a rich tang and melts beautifully. If you are thoroughly opposed to mayonnaise, you may substitute with sour cream.
- sharp cheddar cheese: use freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese because it not only tastes far superior but melts much better. Pre-packaged cheeses are mixed with anti-clumping chemicals which prevent the cheese from melting together in the bag – the same chemicals prevent the cheese from melting as nicely in a skillet.
- Monterrey Jack cheese: use only freshly grated Monterrey for the same reasons above.
Can I use Canned Corn For Mexican Corn Dip?
Yes! I use fresh corn on the cob for this Mexican Corn Dip recipe because I love the fresh bite, but you may substitute with canned sweet corn. Make sure you rinse and thoroughly dry your sweet corn because extra liquid from the corn can make your dip runny instead of creamy.
I do NOT recommend using frozen corn for this Corn Dip recipe because the texture will not hold up once baked with the rich ingredients.
How do you make Hot Corn Dip?
To make this Hot Corn Dip recipe:
- Saute your onions for a few minutes then add your corn, bell peppers and garlic and sauté for a minute more.
- Stir in your salsa verde, followed by cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise, Monterey Cheese and Cheddar Cheese.
- Top with more cheese – yessssss!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
That’s it – crowd pleasing, easy, one skillet Mexican Corn Dip is in the house! And soon to be in your happy belly. You can devour the Corn Dip right away or transfer to a slow cooker to keep warm for 2 hours or so while you cheer on your favorite team and come back for seconds, thirds, fourths. But just be warred, additional servings of Mexican Corn Dip are only possible if serving a small crowd. I vote for a party of one.
How do I soften Cream Cheese for Mexican Corn Dip?
It is best to allow your cream cheese to soften at room temperature so it softens evenly. If you need to use the shortcut microwave method, then slice your cream cheese into cubes for more even softening. Add to a plate and cover with a paper towel to protect against splattering (hopefully not needed). Microwave cream cheese at 50% power at 15 second intervals until very soft. Softened cream cheese will be super creamy, smooth and spreadable which makes mixing the Mexican Corn Dip ingredients together a dream.
Can I make Corn Dip in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make Corn Dip in the slow cooker:
- Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray OR us a crock pot liner for easy clean up.
- Add all the ingredient to the slow cooker and stir until well blended but replace the onion with 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, or until cream cheese and cheeses are completely melted and the Mexican Corn Dip is hot.
Can I Make Mexican Corn Dip in Advance?
This quick and easy Mexican Corn Dip can be prepared entirely in advance up to 24 hours. Simply prepare according to directions, cover with foil and refrigerate until you are ready to bake. When its time to bake, add an extra 10 minutes to the baking time or bake until hot and bubbly.
How long does Corn Dip last?
Corn Dip will last up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator. You can either reheat as a dip or add leftovers to burritos, tacos, etc. or add milk to create an incredible creamy sauce for enchiladas, rice and even pasta.
How Do YOU REHEAT Mexican Corn DIP?
To reheat Mexican Corn Dip, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
You can microwave smaller portions at 30 second intervals until heated through.
Looking for more Party Dips?
- Artichoke Dip Bites
- Brie Spinach Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip French Bread
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Cheesy Chili Dip
- Toffee Apple Dip
- Key Lime Cheesecake Dip
Want to try this Corn Dip?
Pin it to your Appetizer, Mexican or Potluck Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original, as contributed to RecipeCritic
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
Looking for more Appetizer Recipes?