Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos will be some of the best and easiest taquitos you ever make because they start with Slow Cooker Carnitas! So, so juicy, flavorful, smothered in barbecue sauce and cheese with a wonderfully complementary Chipotle Ranch. Awesome game day food or fun dinner any night of the week that you can make completely ahead and then pop in the oven!
I seriously could NOT stop eating these comforting, creamy Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos! And Patrick, who doesn’t do leftovers, couldn’t stop munching these a day later. And then they were gone. sad, sad day.
But happy, happy day is not only how delicious these baked taquitos are, but how easy they are too! They start with Slow Cooker Carnitas that is rubbed with a rainbow of fiestalicious spices as well as tomato paste, soy sauce and brown sugar then simmered in a bath of orange juice, lime juice, onions, garlic and jalapenos. Hello deeeeeelicious.
When you are ready to make your Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos, they come together super quickly because your slow cooker has done most of the work already by tenderizing and infusing your meat with flavor all day, and bonus, your home smells absolutely AH-mazing.
How to make Taquitos
To make the baked Taquitos, you first create a creamy tangy, sweet barbecue sauce by stirring together sweet barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays), softened cream cheese and sour cream then stir it into your juicy shredded pork. Next, add a heaping amount of cheddar cheese so these taquitos are extra cheeeeesy.
Add this filling to your tortillas, roll up, brush with olive oil to create that nice crispy exterior and bake for 20 minutes.
Although these pork taquitos take minutes to whip up after your pork is cooked, you can also prep them up to baking (roll up and place on baking sheet) and refrigerate until ready to bake. That way when guests come to partaaaay or you need an easy, quick dinner, all you a have to do is pop them in the oven! And although I haven’t personally frozen them, I am sure they would freeze amazing well at this point as well.
Finally, what really takes these Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos into an unearthly realm of deliciousness is the Chiptole Ranch. Because BBQ and Ranch belong together. And these BBQ Pork Taquitos and this Chipotle Ranch belong together. The hearty cheesiness dunked in the creamy, tanginess with a hint of lime and chiptole creates the perfect harmonious bite. after bite. after bite. Because you won’t be able to stop eating these comforting, creamy Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos. or the leftovers.
Looking for More Taquito Recipes?
- Crispy Jalapeno Popper Beef Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Chipotle BBQ Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
- Creamy Spinach and Egg Quiche Taquitos with Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip
- Cheesy Hawaiian BBQ Beef Taquitos & Pineapple Salsa
Want to try these Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos?
Pin them to your APPETIZER, CROCKPOT, MEXICAN or BEEF Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 Recipe Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (you will not use all the meat)
- 10 taco size flour tortillas
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweet barbecue sauce like Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder (may sub chili powder)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch dressing seasoning packet mix
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Prepare Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas according to directions up until baking on Step 3 (not necessary to bake to crisp beef).
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Chipotle Ranch ingredients in medium bowl; refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F when ready to assemble taquitos.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, barbecue sauce and ancho chili powder.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and add to a strainer in order to remove excess liquid (or else your taquitos will get soggy) then add 2 ½ cups – 3 cups pork to cream cheese mixture depending on how “saucy” you want them. Mix until evenly combined. Add cheese and mix until evenly combined.
- Add a heaping ¼ cup pork mixture to each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place filled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet. IF MAKING AHEAD, you can stop at this point, cover taquitos with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Lightly brush each tortilla with olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden (add an extra 5 minutes if taquitos have been refrigerated). Broil for extra crispiness. Serve with Chipotle Ranch.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original