These hot and bubbly, creamy, cheesy Artichoke Dip Bites cocooned in soft golden puff pastry and garnished with bacon are the best way to devour your favorite dip and you don’t even have to turn on the stove!
These creamy Artichoke Dip Bites are the answer to all your appetizer woes and are destined to become one of your favorite appetizers of all time – they are one of mine! These tangy Bites boast three types of cheese – cream cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan, both mayonnaise and sour cream, green chiles for a tang and hand picked seasonings for maximum flavor. The are so crazy delicious you won’t be able to stop at five!
These Artichoke Dip Bites are the indulgently cheesy appetizer you bring to impress your family and friends because along with their undeniably YUM factor, they are beautiful, petite and sophisticated – and I have YOU to thank for them! I had too many recipe ideas for Easter so I asked my IG readers which two recipes they would want me to post in time for Easter: A) Shrimp Scampi Dip B) Artichoke Dip Bites, C) Garlic Herb Cheese Log, D) Pina Colada Fruit Salad.
Artichoke Dip Bites were the landslide winner with Pina Colada Fruit Salad in second. And I have to say, you readers have exceptional taste because I ate almost an entire pan of Artichoke Dip Bites as soon as they were photographed – soooo addicting. Patrick, on the other hand, couldn’t wait.
I was photographing when Patrick came home from work and I said he could have one – one of the Artichoke Bites not in the shot – and then one turned into, two, three, four as I kept pointing to which Bites were not in the current shot. Needless to say, these Artichoke Dip Bites are a new favorite appetizer around here and I can guarantee even if you don’t think you like artichokes, these will make a fan out of you!
Update, everyone has loved this dip so much, I’ve made a Spinach Artichoke Dip version!
What is Puff Pastry?
For our Artichoke Bites, we use a base of glorious puff pastry. I love puff pastry! In essence, puff pastry is layers and layers of dough and butter that emerges beautifully soft, golden and flaky once baked – the perfect cocoon for our irresistible filling. It is also wonderfully versatile as I’ve used puff pastry in my Chicken Empanadas, Cannoli Cones, and Baked Brie.
If you have never used puff pastry dough, it is located in the freezer section of your grocery store and very easy to work with. I use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (not a paid endorsement, just fact). Each package comes with two sheets – and take care to purchase the puff pastry sheets and not the squares (I learned that by mistake). Puff pastry typically takes 30 minutes to thaw, but just follow the thawing instructions on the back of the box.
How to Make Artichoke Dip Bites
To make these hot and bubbly Artichoke Dip Bites, start by thawing your puff pastry according to directions. While your dough is thawing, add your Artichoke Dip Ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. That’s it for the dip – soooo easy!
This next part is super simple too, but the math of cutting squares can make it seem deceptively difficult – but don’t be fooled – it takes minutes!
Unfold your thawed puff pastries onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into 36 squares for a total of 72 squares (36 x 2) using your pizza cutter. To cut each sheet into 36 squares, cut each sheet in thirds along fold lines, then each third in half. Finally, cut six even rows.
Next, add a single square to 36 muffin cups – note this is 1 ½ muffin tins.
Add a second dough square perpendicular to the other square for a total of 36 dough cups. Press down in the center of each muffin cup to create an indent for your filling.
Fill each dough cup with 1 tablespoon Artichoke Dip and top evenly with ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes to ooegy gooey, bubbly cheesiliciousness. You can literally hear the cheese bubbling as the Artichoke Dip Bites emerge gloriously golden from the oven.
I like to garnish my Artichoke Dip Bites with salty, crunchy bacon and fresh parsley because its deeeelish and beautiful, but this step is optional.
Devouring at least 5 Artichoke Dip Bites is not.
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
- Bruschetta Cheese Ball
- Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread
- Artichoke Dip Bites
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Southwest Egg Rolls
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Brie Spinach Dip
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread
- Key Lime Cheesecake Fruit Dip
WANT TO TRY THESE ARTICHOKE DIP BITES RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD, SIDE, OR SUMMER BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Artichoke Dip Bites
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets, 17.3 oz) thawed according to directions
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts (in water) rinsed, drained and chopped
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned mild chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp EACH onion powder, ground cumin, dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp EACH paprika, pepper, salt
- pinch-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together all of the Artichoke Dip ingredients in a medium bowl, using only ½ cup mozzarella. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray two 24-count mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unfold thawed pastries onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into 36 squares for a total of 72 squares using your pizza cutter. To cut each sheet into 36 squares, cut each sheet in thirds along fold lines, then each third in half. Finally, cut six even rows.
- Add two dough squares perpendicular to each other in 36 muffin cups as illustrated in above photo, pressing down in the center to create an indent for filling. (Note, they will only fill half of the second muffin pan).
- Fill each dough cup with 1 tablespoon Artichoke Dip. Top dough cups evenly with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and turning golden. Wait 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Garnish with parsley and bacon if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings Original