Whipped Feta Dip is gloriously creamy, salty, tangy perfection!
Whipped Feta Dip is feta cheese in CREAMY DIP form!
This dip takes SEVEN minutes to make, start to finish, for a make ahead, easy party dip/appetizer everyone will love! You can keep it as simple as you like with just feta and cream cheese or add herbs, garlic, red pepper flakes, etc. This creamy feta dip is fabulous with veggies, crackers or as a sandwich/burger spread, etc.
I first posted this Jalapeno Garlic Whipped Feta Dip years ago and thought it was time to re-introduce its deliciousness to anyone whose been missing out with a few new photos and info – because I don’t want anyone to miss out on this epic dip.
Why You’ll love this Whipped Feta:
- Delicious. What could possibly be better than creamy feta?! Possibly only creamy feta with cream cheese, jalapeno, garlic, fresh basil, fresh parsley and red onion. Creamy, tangy, flavorful and as much heat as you would like.
- Versatile. This Whipped Feta Dip is also super adaptable. You can start with a base of whipped feta and virtually add anything that suits your mood – or your cuisine.
- Easy With Memorial Day coming up and the season of potlucks galore, everyone needs an easy stress free dip. This feta dip is simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients. I’ve also included pantry staple substitutions for all the fresh ingredients so you can make this Whipped Feta Dip at a moment’s notice!
- Quick: This feta dip literally takes minutes to make – winning.
- Make ahead: You can make this Whipped Feta Dip days in advance then bring it out when it’s time to party!
WHAT IS FETA CHEESE?
The main ingredient in this Whipped Feta Dip is feta cheese, so what exactly is it?
You probably associate feta cheese with Greek or Mediterranean cuisine, and that is exactly right. Feta is a white cheese made in Greece from sheep’s milk and sometimes goat’s milk. It is a “brined curd,” sometimes referred to as pickled cheese, because it is matured in a solution of brine.
Feta cheese is rich, creamy, salty, tangy and crumbles easily. It is sold by the block or in crumbles. I always have a large container of feta crumbles in my fridge from Costco, so that is what I use for this Whipped Feta Dip, but you are welcome to use a block as well.
Feta is lower in fat and calories than most cheeses such as mozzarella, Parmesan and cheddar but adds TONS of flavor. It’s crumbly, salty, creamy character makes ideal for salads, so I use it ALL the time like in my Pear Salad, Apple Salad, Greek Chicken Salad, Broccoli Salad, Greek Pasta Salad and Italian Pasta Salad, and now this sensational Whipped Feta Dip!
Whipped Feta Ingredients
Whipped Feta needs the help of some other ingredients to make it incredibly with a more complex flavor profile. Here’s what you’ll need for this Whipped Feta Dip:
- cream cheese: make sure it is super soft so it whips up beautifully without any lumps. You can use reduced fat but full fat is creamier and more flavorful.
- olive oil: use extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- lemon juice: brightens the dip and cuts through the rich cream cheese. Fresh is best but bottled is fine.
- red wine vinegar: works with the lemon juice to brighten the dip.
- honey: tames the tanginess. Use more or less to taste.
- herbs: you’ll need 2 teaspoons fresh basil, roughly chopped or ½ teaspoon dried and 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped, or ½ teaspoon dried.
- garlic: adds tons of flavor. Use more or less to taste.
- onion: use red onion, shallots or onion powder.
- jalapenos: really enliven the Whipped Feta with a kick without making it spicy. Make sure to remove the seeds because they carry most of the heat. You can also use red pepper flakes to taste.
- salt and pepper: season to taste. If the Whipped Feta Dip feels like it’s missing something, it’s probably salt or pepper.
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED FETA DIP
Are you ready for this super EASY Whipped Feta Dip?!
- Process feta and cream cheese in your food processor for 3-4 minutes or until they are very smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 30 minutes, time permitting, then serve cold with vegetables or let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so for crackers, etc.
TIPS FOR WHIPPED FETA DIP:
- Room temperate feta: you will need room temperature feta and softened cream cheese so they mix easily. The room temperature cheeses will create a fluffier dip. Leave the feta out at room temperature for about an hour before make the dip.
- Softened cream cheese: softened cream cheese is crucial or your Whipped Feta Dip will be lumpy. I gently microwave the cream cheese at 15 second intervals until softened then let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Extra virgin olive oil: use extra virgin olive oil for more flavor. The olive oil helps to lighten the dip up and make it both creamy and fluffy.
- Season to taste: Once the feta dip is whipped, taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also make it spicier by adding red pepper flakes or jalapeno seeds. Adjust acidity by adding additional lemon juice if desired or honey for less acidity.
- Chill dip. I recommend chilling the Whipped Feta Dip for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. You will be amazed at the difference 30 minutes makes!
- Hot or cold? If you are serving feta dip as a vegetable dip, then serve cold, if serving as a spread, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or microwave for 30 seconds or so.
Whipped Feta Recipe Variations
You can keep your Whipped Feta Recipe super simple and just use cream cheese and feta or add in anything your heart can dream up! Here are a few ideas:
- herbs: basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary – pic your favs!
- sun-dried tomatoes: make sure to rinse and pat dry first.
- add-ins: stir chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, etc. directly into the dip.
- roasted bell peppers: use jarred or homemade like in my Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip.
- curry paste or powder: add a little then add more to taste.
- dill: add dill to create a Greek tzatziki flavor.
- chives: love!
- red pepper flakes: add more or less for a nice zing.
- Greek yogurt: you can add Greek yogurt and fresh dill like I do in my Souvlaki Dip.
What to Serve with Whipped Feta:
I think the more appropriate question is what not to serve with whipped feta?! It is fabulous with:
- Veggies: dunk all your favorite veggies like red bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, etc. into this tantalizing dip.
- Crackers: serve it with crackers, chips, pita chips, toasted pitas, crostini, etc.
- Breads and the like: it makes an elegant, flavorful spread for toast, bagels, sandwiches, burgers, etc.
- Wraps: slather it on flatbread, pitas, etc. before adding your toppings.
- Pizza: spread it on pizza like my Greek Chicken pizza.
- Eggs: add it to scrambled eggs, omelettes, etc.
- Soup: add a dollop to hot soup – mmmmm!
HOW TO STORE WHIPPED FETA Dip?
Whipped Feta Dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The Feta dip will stiffen slightly when refrigerated so let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before serving or microwave at 10 second intervals, about 30 seconds should do the trick.
Can I Make Feta Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes! This Whipped Feta Dip is fabulous to make ahead because it tastes even better as the flavors meld.
WANT TO TRY THIS WHIPPED FETA DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER, DIPS, OR EASY RECIPES BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 3 oz feta at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, roughly chopped (½ tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped (½ tsp dried)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon red onion, roughly chopped or 1 small shallot (or ¼ teaspoon onion powder)
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined, roughly chopped or red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add feta and cream cheese to food processor and pulse until cheeses are mixed. Continue to mix 3-4 minutes until cheeses are very smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you like a spicier dip, add red pepper flakes or some of the jalapeno seeds.
- Serve room temperature or warmed for spread/dips for chips, crackers, bread, etc. or chilled with vegetables.
- The dip firms up slightly when refrigerated so just soften in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or so before serving.
HOW TO STOREWhipped Feta Dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The Feta dip will stiffen slightly when refrigerated so let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before serving or microwave at 10 second intervals, about 30 seconds should do the trick.
Make AHEADThis Whipped Feta Dip is fabulous to make ahead because it tastes even better as the flavors meld.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings original inspired by Food Network
Majority of photos by The Wooden Skillet