This Lasagna Soup recipe is sponsored by Prego. All opinions are my own.
This EASY Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna without all the layering or dishes! – you might never go back to traditional lasagna again – I won’t!
This One Pot Lasagna Soup recipe can’t get any easier or more delicious! It boasts layers of cheesy noodles smothered in rich marinara infused with garlic, onion and Italian spices all smothered Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta – drool – and all you have to do is brown your beef, dump in the ingredients and simmer away!
Lasagna Soup Recipe Video
I looooove Italian food or even anything resembling Italian food from my Italian Vegetable Soup, Tomato Basil Soup, Million Dollar Baked Penne, Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese Casserole, Zuppa Toscana Soup, Minestrone Soup and everything in between! And while lasagna is technically Italian, it has to be one of America’s favorite foods – and one of my favorite foods! For being a favorite, however, I hardly ever make traditional lasagna – so sad. I just can’t get into the time-consuming, tedious, layering.
But now, I am thrilled to introduce my “can’t-get-any-easier,” One Pot Lasagna Soup! I made this soup twice in a week because I am SO in love with it-and so is my very honest critic, Patrick, who lived in Italy for two years. Sometimes he is a little too honest, but he tells me it’s a good thing, because then I know when he really, really loves something. So as he sat spooning this Lasagna Soup into his mouth, repeating “So good, you nailed it. Insane, taste just like lasagna…,” I knew it was going in my back pocket of easy, “Patrick approved”, delicious recipes.
And it belongs in your back pocket too for all those busy nights when everyone is starting to get hangry (AKA hungry and tired) or simply any time you want to devour something extraordinary.
How to Make Lasagna Soup
To make this One Pot Lasagna Soup, simply brown your beef (or half Italian sausage if you like), onions and garlic…
Then add all your remaining ingredients – Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, spices…
And lasagna noodles!
Now the list of ingredients might seem long, but you are just dumping and running as the sauce simmers, cooking the noodles, and infusing the whole soup with Prego Italian goodness that smells nothing less than heavenly! Prego not only elevates this One Pot Lasagna Soup and can be the answer to your weeknight dinner dilemma without sacrificing any flavor! Prego boasts rich flavor from real ingredients – no more bland, boring dinners!
Finally, top your soup with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan – as little or as MUCH as you like and start slurping and shoveling, then repeat.
If you love this One Pot Lasagna Soup, as I’m sure you will, be sure to check out my One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup with cheesy layers of noodles smothered in velvety Italian spiced Parmesan infused sauce as well as my Chicken Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta, and Shrimp Fettuccine! All warm, comforting, delectable dinners to satisfy those cheesy Italian cravings!
Looking for more One Pot Soup Recipes?
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Lasagna Soup
- Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup
- Loaded Zuppa Toscana
- Cheesy Taco Soup
- Miso Soup with Chicken, Veggies, Shiitake Mushrooms
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Italian Vegetable Soup
- Tomato Basil Soup
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
One Pot Lasagna Soup (Video!)
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or half Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 24 oz. jar Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 8-10 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 14 oz. can can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tsp EACH dried parsley, dried oregano, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup heavy cream,optional**
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Heat large Dutch oven/large soup pot over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream (optional) and 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.
**If you want to omit the heavy cream but still would like a thicker soup then I suggest whisking 2 teaspoons cornstarch with some of the chicken broth and adding to the soup to simmer and thicken.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
You might also like: