Easy Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread is your favorite cheesy dip (with three cheeses!) baked right into the loaf! Crazy delicious side or easy crowd pleasing appetizer!
SPINACH DIP FRENCH BREAD RECIPE VIDEO
With Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve and football games galore, I’ve had party food on the brain – hence recent Mexican party food: Cheesy Chili Taco Dip, Asian party food: Sweet and Sour Chicken Egg Rolls, French party food: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, American party food: Artichoke Dip Bites and Easy Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread!
I was watching a Facebook video where breakfast bread boats are made by hollowing out the bread, filling it with a whisked egg/cheese mixture then baking it. I loved this idea and was obsessing over what else would be completely delectable baked into a a warm French bread cocoon – something that belongs with bread, is eaten with bread, is better with bread – Spinach Dip!
Spinach dip has been an American favorite appetizer since the 1950’s, back when Lipton published the recipe on the back of their vegetable soup mix. History in the making. Today, spinach dip is as delicious as ever with many variations such as Spinach Artichoke Dip and now this Spinach Dip Stuffed Bread! Its the quintessential dip made even more delicious when creamy and warm nestled in warm French bread. And even more delicious when your realize just how easy it is to make!
You can wow your guests simply by hollowing out about 2 inches to create a French Bread “bread bowl…”
Mixing together spinach, sauteed onion, bell peppers, garlic, pesto and a splash of paprika that you creamify by stirring in sour cream, mayonnaise and cream cheese. And then comes glorious Parmesan cheese, sharp cheddar cheese…
Spoon spinach dip into you French bread bowl…
And blanket with mozzarella cheese…
And bake until the cheeses are golden and bubbly…
Happy dance commence.
Or I should say party dance commence because its all about the party. And this Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread will be the life of the party. Or just the reason to party – should you need one.
Easy Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained/patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto (I use Basil pesto from Costco)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced-fat)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I use ⅓ less fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use reduced-fat)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice about 2 inches deep through the top of the bread, and continue to cut a large rectangle. Remove top of bread and hollow out 2 inches deep to create a shallow rectangular bread bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until soft. Add red bell pepper and garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Stir in spinach, pesto, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, pepper and mayonnaise until well combined and spinach is warmed through. Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in sour cream, Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese until combined.
- Spoon spinach dip into prepared French bread and top with ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Bake on a baking tray at 350 F degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let bread sit approximately 5 minutes to cool (just so you don't burn yourself) then slice. Best served warm
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: