- 2pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 22 saltine crackers, crushed (approx. 1 cup)
- 1/3cup dry minced onion
- 1/3cup milk
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1tsp EACH garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, salt
- 1/2tsp EACH chili pwdr, smoked paprika, ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/4cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4cup apricot preserves
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 2tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add eggs and gently whisk. Add all remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size**. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, add all of the Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine (only use 1/4 cup hot sauce at this point. You can add more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking).
Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with some Honey Buffalo Sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining Sauce.
Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking. When done, taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce (I add 1 1/2 more tablespoons which is pretty spicy.) Keep warm until serving.