15 minute prep Fall-Off-the-Bone Slow Cooker HONEY BUFFALO Ribs might be your new favorite ribs AND they are SO tender and SO easy!
These Honey Buffalo Ribs are slathered in an amazing rub and the most addicting honey buffalo sauce ever! These Ribs are destined to become a new Game Day MUST!
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Ribs Recipe Video
You guys, I am super giddy to share these Honey Buffalo Ribs with you – I might even prefer them to my Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs which is no small feat. If you are a fan of my Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs (with tons of RAVE reviews), then you know how good they are and you know just how easy slow cooker ribs are – but these Honey Buffalo Ribs are even simpler because you don’t have to turn on the stove for the sauce! If you have never made ribs, or never made them in the slow cooker, prepare for your mind to be blown with this easy method for moist, literally falling- of-the-bone-ribs, every single time.
These Honey Buffalo Ribs are a cross between the sauce from my crazy popular Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs and the method of my most popular Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs. And when you combine two powerhouse recipes, you get one of the best recipes to come out of my kitchen. No joke.
These tender ribs are so crazy good because they are first slathered in the most incredible rub and then smothered in the most incredible sweet heat honey buffalo sauce to create layers of multidimensional flavor. The Spice Rub is an aromatic blend of paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, dried thyme, salt and pepper. The rub might feel like a lot but it is not overwhelming by any means. Just overwhelming perfection.
After you spice rub your ribs, you bake them for 15 minutes on each side to seal in the juices and render some of the fat. Meanwhile, whisk up your intoxicating Honey Buffalo Sauce that is tangy, sweet and spicy and just plain lick-your-ribs delicious. Its a simple mixture of Franks BUFFALO WINGS Sauce (not their original – there is a big difference), honey, apricot preserves, brown sugar, soy sauce, Dijon mustard and cornstarch. I think this Honey Buffalo Sauce is not to sweet or too spicy but should be perfect for everyone. If you want more heat, then you could either add more Buffalo Sauce to your own portion to dip in or you can add more hot sauce to the reserved Honey Buffalo Sauce that you slather on after they are cooked.
Let the ribs cruise on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until they are fall apart tender, rotating the ribs once while cooking so they cook evenly, otherwise the bottom ribs will be more tender then the top. If the ribs are not fall apart tender, they simple need a little more cooking time.
Once the ribs are falling apart – and they will be falling apart – smother them in some reserved Honey Buffalo Sauce and chow down on their juicy, tender, addicting perfection.
A culinary touchdown every. single time.
LOOKING FOR MORE PARTY RECIPES?
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs
- Sticky Honey Buffalo Hot Wings
- Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos
- Easy Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Want to try these Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Ribs?
Pin them to your GAME DAY, SLOW COOKER, MEAT or APPETIZER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Ribs (Video!)
- 4-5 pounds baby back pork ribs membrane removed
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with sides with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut ribs into 6 sections then rinse and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Spice Rub ingredients. Rub evenly all over the meat then place ribs on prepared baking sheet. Bake ribs for 15 minutes ON EACH SIDE (30 minutes total) to sear meat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Honey Buffalo Sauce ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch. Remove and reserve 1 cup Sauce to brush on cooked ribs. Whisk cornstarch into remaining Sauce (not the reserved sauce).
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray then add a thin layer of sauce, followed by ribs. Layer sauce then ribs until complete, tossing to coat as needed to ensure ribs are evenly coated in sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-9 hours OR cook until ribs are fall apart tender. Rotate ribs once during cooking so they cook evenly. Cooking time may vary between slow cookers.
- When ribs are tender, remove from slow cooker and brush with Reserved Honey Buffalo Sauce. Serve the rest of the Sauce a dip if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original