EASY Baked or Grilled Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Foil Packets bursting with juicy chicken and tender, flavorful potatoes and broccoli all smothered in cheddar and dipped in Ranch Crema!
These chicken foil packets are SO addictingly delicious and a meal-in-one that are quick to throw together and even quicker to clean up!
CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS RECIPE VIDEO
Remember when I shared my Italian Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets a few weeks ago as the winning vote of asking my IG friends (IG pic HERE) which of 3 Chicken Foil Packet recipes they wanted me to share first? Well, I didn’t want to bias the jury then, but while I loved all 3 chicken foil dinners, these Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Packets were BOTH Patrick and my favorite.
They are exploding with flavor, have a little kick of heat but still totally kid friendly, and the combo of buffalo + chicken + potatoes + broccoli + cheese = winner winner the best Chicken Foil Packet Dinner! These Buffalo Chicken Foil Packets boast hardly any clean up, can be grilled or baked, are a meal all in one, and a convenient make-ahead meal or grab and go lunch (just pull a cooked packet out of the fridge and reheat). There is so much to love about these chicken foil packets and that’s before you even taste them!
The flavor infusing star of the Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Foil Packets is the wet rub and it creates the juiciest chicken around. My other tip for crazy juicy chicken and the most successful chicken foil packets (as I explained in detail HERE) is microwaving your longer cooking veggies for a few minutes so you cook your chicken foil packets just until your chicken is done and NOT until your veggies are done. This ensures your chicken isn’t overcooked because overcooked chicken is dry chicken – not on my watch!
I used a very modified version of my popular Buffalo Chicken Marinade consisting of olive oil, Frank’s Buffalo WINGS Sauce (NOT original), splashes of lime juice and brown sguar, and hand picked spices resulting in a rounded, dynamic Buffalo flavor that is SO crazy delicious. ¼ cup of this Buffalo Wet Rub coats the veggies (no boring veggies here!) and the rest of the Wet Rub gets slathered all over the chicken for 30 minutes or you can prep ahead and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
The robust Buffalo deliciousness is complimented by the refreshing, tangy creamy Ranch Crema. Because Buffalo + Ranch = perfection. And you + Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Foil Packets + Ranch Crema = complete and total foodie bliss.
Want to try these Chicken Foil Packets?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, GRILL, or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Foil Packets with Veggies and Ranch Crema (Baked or Grilled)
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 8 oz. chicken breasts sliced horizontal OR 4 4 oz. chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Frank’s BUFFALO WINGS Hot Sauce not original
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp EACH garlic powder, chili powder, salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH ground cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder
- 1//4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups red potatoes cut into 1/4-1/2” cubes
- 3 1/2 cups medium broccoli florets uniform size
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (may sub Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Whisk together all of the Buffalo Marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or freezer bag (whatever you are going to marinate chicken in). Remove ¼ cup Marinade for vegetables. Add chicken to marinade in bag, remove excess air and turn to coat. Marinate room temperature up to 30 minutes while you prep your veggies or 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes to a large microwave safe bowl. Add 1 tablespoon water. Cover, and microwave 3 minutes. Add broccoli. Microwave an additional 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add ¼ cup reserved Buffalo Marinade to vegetables. Season with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Double line 4 large pieces of foil on your counter (8 pieces total), approximately 18 inches long. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Add one piece of chicken to each piece of foil. Evenly divide veggies between foil packets, placing around chicken. Seal foil packets closed and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes OR until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165 degrees F). Carefully open each foil packet and sprinkle chicken and veggies with cheese. Leave foil open and broil until cheese is melted. Serve with Ranch Crema and additional Buffalo Sauce if desired.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Add foil packets, CLOSE LID, and grill at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes OR until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165 degrees F). Carefully open each foil packet and sprinkle chicken and veggies with cheese. Leave foil open and close grill id until cheese is melted. erve with Ranch Crema and additional Buffalo Sauce if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
leave a review