Easy Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash tossed with cranberries and bacon for the BEST combo ever! tangy, salty, sweet, crunchy, crispy!
I embarrassingly admit I had never made, let alone tasted Brussels sprouts before this year. In fact, I didn’t even know how to spell them correctly. I had them written as “brussel” sprouts throughout the post until I thought I should probably double check the spelling so I didn’t pull a “teriyai” chicken on all my pinnable images (I knew how to to spell teriyaki – it was just a late night!).
Anyhoo – a while back my neighbor was telling Patrick and me how much she loved Brussels sprouts. Her passion and enthusiasm was so convincing, we bought the leafy greens on our next Sprouts run. I sauteed them in a little butter, lemon juice and garlic, salt and pepper, and we were just as enthusiastic as my neighbor.
And then I decided to roast them. Oh My Yum. the tender inside, caramelized outside, so good.
And then I decided to roast them with butternut squash and make them “Thanksgiving” worthy, by tossing them in my Maple Dijon Butter Sauce and now I can barely imagine eating them any other way.
Looking for more Oven Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
- Baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries
- Roasted Broccolini (With Lemon and Garlic)
- Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Parmesan
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Asian Roasted Butternut Squash and Cashews
How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
To make, simply toss your butternut squash and Brussels Sprouts with some olive oil and roast for 25 minutes.
Then bathe in the sweet and tangy Maple Dijon Butter Sauce which is a combination of butter, pure maple, Dijon, balsamic, salt and pepper. This is the same sauce I use in my Maple Dijon Green Beans with Caramelized Pecans, Bacon and Feta and I just knew it was going to be heavenly smothering squash and Brussels Sprouts. And it was.
Looking for more Butternut Squash Recipes
- Butternut Squash Risotto
- Butternut Squash Salad with Cranberries, Caramelized Pecans and Goat Cheese
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cashews
- Slow Cooker Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken, Wild Rice, Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Carlsbad Cravings Original adapted from my Maple Dijon Green Beans
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: