Flatbread Pizza on your table in less than 30 minutes!
This flatbread pizza is one of the BEST pizzas you will ever have! It starts with delicious flatbread layered with spiced tomato bean sauce, chipotle ranch chicken, melty cheese and your favorite toppings of lettuce, tomatoes. avocados, bacon, tortilla strips all drizzled with cool and creamy ranch. This easy flatbread pizza recipe is a fiesta of flavor and texture in every mouthful! You can also prep all of your ingredients and toppings ahead of time for an easy lunch or dinner that comes together in minutes!
Thank you Flatout Flatbread for sponsoring this flatbread pizza post. All opinions are my own.
As I’ve mentioned here and here, California Pizza Kitchen was my teenage friends and my and foodie haven that transformed into heaven with every bite of their Thai Chicken Pizza and the Tostada Pizza. Their Tostada Pizza continues to be one of my favorites so as I drooled over THIS VIDEO for Flatout Flatbreads 5 Minute Black Bean Flatbread Pizza, I immediately could taste the reminiscent flavors and textures of my youth and became giddy that I could create my own Mexican inspired flatbread pizza in under 30 minutes!
I LOVE using flatbread for pizza because it is SO quick and easy but you still get the textural satisfaction of a chewy, thin crust pizza with just the right amount of crispiness. Flatbread pizzas are so easy to whip up at home which means you save money, time and calories!
I especially love making flatbread pizza at home because the toppings options are endless and I don’t feel heavy after – just delightfully satisfied. And you will be delightfully satisfied with this chicken flatbread pizza recipe!
Flatbread Pizza Recipe
My Chipotle Ranch Chicken Taco Flatbread Pizza begins with the wonderfully thin, perfect amount of crispy Flatout Flatbread crust, layered with green chili tomato bean sauce (to live for), topped with tender, juicy ranch infused chicken all smothered with sharp cheese and topped with crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes and lettuce, creamy avocados, crispy bacon and tortilla strips all drizzled with silky, tangy ranch dressing. You can also add homemade salsa, or homemade salsa verde if you are feeling extra fun and flirty.
And because the quick baking, delectable Flatout Flatbread come partially pre-cooked, you only have to bake them for 6 minutes which is a very good thing because once you’ve tasted this flavor texture heaven you will be amazed at your new level of impatience.
Impatient for creamy,
Impatient for cheesy,
Impatient for crispy.
Impatient for green chili,
Impatient for chipotle,
Impatient for ranch.
Impatient for Chipotle Ranch Chicken Taco Flatbread Pizza bursting with all your favorite taco textures and flavors. A whole new level of deliciousness!
REASONS TO LOVE FLATBREAD PIZZA RECIPE:
- RESTAURANT delicious: you get to experience layers of flavor and texture in every BITE!
- Less expensive: serve the whole family for the price of a one serving pizza!
- Pantry friendly: you probably keep most of the ingredients stocked in your pantry or fridge so you can make this flatbread pizza at a moments notice AKA the perfect last minute/no plan dinner.
- Easy: just whisk your spicy bean sauce together, cook your chicken and pile on the toppings.
- Quick: Thanks to flatbread, there is no waiting around for dough to rise. The flatbread pizza can be made in 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Customizable: top your flatbread pizza with whatever you’re in the mood for or whatever you have on hand.
- Easy to Double: you can double or triple this flatbread pizza recipe depending on how many mouths you have to feed.
- Freezer friendly. I love to make one pizza and and freeze the other flatbread pizza sans fresh toppings. This means you get two meals for the effort of one!
Ingredients and Substitutions for Flatbread Pizza:
- Flatbread: I use Flatout Flatbread rustic white flabread. You may also use other good quality Naan bread for this flatbread pizza.
- Chicken: you will need about 12 oz. raw diced chicken breasts. Alternativey, if you already have shredded rotisserie chicken on hand, you can toss it with the chipotle spice mix, but you won’t need the full amount.
- Cheese: I use sharp cheddar but you could also use pepper Jack. Use freshly grated for the best flavor and melting ability.
- Ranch: use your fav! Lowfat or nonfat works great here.
- Black beans: rinse and thoroughly drain before using.
- Tomato sauce: make sure it doesn’t have any extra seasonings added.
- Green chiles: these are from a 4 oz. can mild diced green chiles.
What topping for Flatbread pizza?
- homemade salsa
- pico de gallo
- salsa verde
- avocado dressing
- ranch dressing
- tortilla strips
- hot sauce
How to make Flatbread Pizza
This flatbread pizza recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes! Here’s a breakdown of the steps:
- Make spice mix. Mix together all of the Chipotle Spice Rub seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Make bean sauce. Remove 2 teaspoons Spice Mix and add to medium saucepan along with black beans, tomato sauce and green chilies. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook chicken. Meanwhile, toss chicken with remaining spices until evenly coated. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook through. Wipe out any extra oil then stir in 1/4 cup ranch dressing; toss chicken to coat.
- Bake flatbread. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place flatbread pizzas on a cookie sheet and bake for 2 minutes.
- Top flatbread. Remove flatbread and top with Tomato Black Bean Sauce followed by chicken and cheese.
- Bake with sauce, chicken and cheese. Bake 4 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add toppings! Garnish pizzas with desired toppings such as bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, tortilla strips, etc. Drizzle with additional ranch.
HOW MANY DOES FLATBREAD PIZZA SERVE?
This Taco Flatbread Pizza recipe makes 2 flatbread pizzas which serves 2-4 depending on how big of eaters they are. In our house, we can each eat our own flatbread, so you will probably want to double the recipe if you have more mouths to feed.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FLATBREAD PIZZA?
This flatbread pizza is wonderful with just a big green salad or roasted veggies (asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower) and fruit salad, or if you are looking to make it more of a fiesta, it pairs well with:
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Lime Butter
- Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar Orange Glaze
- Mexican Street Fries with Salsa Ketchup
- and top it all off with Churros!
HOW DO YOU REHEAT FLATBREAD PIZZA?
You can reheat flatbread pizza in the microwave at 30 second intervals but the crust will lose its crunch. I prefer to reheat this flatbread pizza in the oven at 250 degrees for approximately 5-10 minutes. You will want to remove any toppings before reheating and add them fresh.
CAN I FREEZE FLATBREAD PIZZA?
Yes! You will just want to make sure you remove any fresh toppings before freezing as they will become an unpleasant texture.
To freeze flatbread pizza:
- Bake flatbread pizza according to directions.
- Do not add fresh toppings.
- Let pizza cool completely to room temperature.
- Add each flatbread pizza to a large freezer bag or wrap tightly several times in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Flatbread Pizza Facts
Is Flatbread the same as pizza?
There are three main differences when it comes to flatbread and pizza:
- Thickness. Flatbread pizza is flat and thin, while pizza is at least 1/2 inch thick, more or less depending on the technique used for baking. Both flatbread and pizza dough are made with flour, water, salt, and yeast except flatbread is made with unleavened yeast, which means the flatbread dough will not rise. Pizza dough is made with active dry yeast which means the dough will rise and become more thick.
- Texture. The thickness of the flatbread and pizza also affects the texture. Flatbread pizza is thin and crispy while pizza is thick and chewy.
- Shape. Flatbread pizza is long and rectangular whereas pizza is usually a round circle, but it also may be made into a rectangle.
What does flatbread taste like?
Flatbread is soft and chewy like a pita but a little crispier. Flatout Flatbreads come in Rosemary and Olive Oil, Spicy Italian, or Rustic White. I used Rustic White so it won’t compete with the Mexican flavors, but the the others would be fabulous in other uses.
Is Flatbread healthier than pizza?
Flatbread pizza delivers a wonderfully chewy pizza without all the extra carbs of pizza dough!
Is flatbread and pita bread the same?
Flatbread and pitas are extremely similar. Both are thin, mild, soft and chewy. Both are made from flour, water and salt. The main two differences are flatbreads rectangle and made from unleavened yeast, whereas pitas are round and made from slightly leavened yeast.
Looking For more pizza recipes?
- Greek Flatbread Pizza
- Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- Strawberry Pear Flatbread Pizza
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Mini Hawaiian Pizzas
- Alice Springs Chicken French bread Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Dough
Want to try this Flatbread Pizza Recipe?
Pin it to your Chicken, Pizza or Mexican Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original