Mexican French Fries that are baked not fried – bursting with fiesta spices for a healthy snack, side or appetizer that no one will be able to stop munching!
This Mexican French Fries recipe is my absolute favorite! Delicious fries spiced with salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin and chipotle pepper and served with tangy Salsa Ketchup!I have a mad crush on potatoes in every form from my Baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries to my Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Parmesan to my Potatoes Au Gratin with Bacon to Chicken Gnocchi Soup and now these Mexican Street Fries. Because potatoes = foodie bliss. These Mexican Street Fries are so addicting I really didn’t know how many to put for the serving size. I went with 2. But I if you are anything like me, be prepared for these to serve 1. A very happy 1. And you my favorite way to eat my favorite fries? Stuffed in a carne asada burrito AKA a California Burrito. Or stuffed in a burrito with eggs and bacon. AKA California Breakfast Burritos. (my recipe here), or piled high with carne asada, AKA Carne Asada French Fries. Irresistible. This Mexican French Fries recipe is a fun, delicious side to any Mexican dish, to bring to a barbecue (I brought these as a side to burgers and they were gone in a flash), to stuff in your burritos, or as a super easy crowd pleasing appetizer.
How To make Mexican French FriesAs easy as mix the olive oil and cornstarch (helps make the crispy), spices then toss with the fries… Line on a baking sheet and bake… And eat! These Mexican French Fries are delicious plain, with ketchup, with mayonnaise mixed with sriracha, etc., etc., or with my personal favorite – Salsa Ketchup! Salsa Ketchup is exactly what it sounds like – a simple mixture of your favorite salsa and ketchup! If you want more of a salsa taste, you just add more salsa, more of a ketchup taste, add more ketchup – there is no right or wrong Salsa ketchup and absolutely no science behind it. Only the science of yum. Baked Mexican French Fries. Yum.
Looking for More Potato Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Company Mashed Potatoes
- Gruyere and Ham Potato Stacks
- Roasted Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows and Pecans
Baked Mexican French Fries with Salsa Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into thin fries no wider than ¼ inch.
- Add all of the ingredients except the French fries to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add French fries and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes evenly over prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes then toss, and stir and rearrange fries in a single layer and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If you like crispier fries, then broil until golden and crispy.
- To make the Salsa Ketchup, whisk together the ketchup and salsa in a small bowl. Taste and add more salsa for more "salsa" taste, more ketchup for more "ketchup" taste. Add hot sauce to taste. You can also add mayonnaise for a creamy version - like Salsa Ketchup Fry Sauce.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!