Pina Colada Fruit Salad is simple, easy and delicious, boasting your favorite flavorings of pina coladas – sans alcohol – but is every bit as intoxicatingly delicious.
Pina Colada Fruit Salad is bursting with pineapple, sweetened coconut, strawberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries and bananas enveloped in a pineapple coconut glaze that’s lusciously creamy, sweet and tangy and unbelievably delicious. The fruit in this Pina Colada is completely customizable (except the pineapple) and can be prepped ahead of time for an easy side for every special occasion, potluck or lunch craving.
My Favorite Fruit Salad Recipe
Easter is just a day away so with no further ado, I am excited to bring you the second recipe from my IG reader poll – Pina Colada Fruit Salad! This wonderfully fresh and utterly satisfying Pina Colada Fruit Salad tastes like the tropics in easy, fruit salad form and is making me giddy for summer potlucks and sandal weather. But while we’re waiting for sandal weather, we can indulge in this Pina Colada Fruit Salad.
As it it’s name implies this fruit salad is inspired by the refreshing drink – without alcohol – and boasts the same refreshingly delicious sweet pineapple, nutty coconut flavors to satisfy every pina colada lover’s sweet tooth. The silky, drinkable delicious coconut pineapple glaze is made with just two ingredients, then all that’s left to do is chop your fruit and EAT!
Can I use Different fruit in this Pina Colada Fruit Salad?
Absolutely! You can choose any of your favorite fruits to make the Pina Colada Fruit Salad but the pineapple is non-negotiable 😊 We are aiming for approximately 10 cups of fruit, but you can certainly use less and then add less pina-colada mixture to taste. This Pina Colada Fruit salad would also be delicious with grapes, kiwis, peaches, nectarines, mangos etc.
What oranges should I use?
Most fruit salad recipes call for mandarin oranges but this name can be confusing. If you go to your grocery store looking for “mandarin oranges” you will likely come up empty handed. Mandarin oranges are a class of orange of which contains both tangerines and clementines. We want clementines in our Pina Colada fruit salad as they are seedless and super easy to peel.
Can I use Canned Mandarin Oranges?
I don’t recommend canned mandarin oranges because they tend to fall apart easily when tossed. If you loooove them though, then feel free to use them. I would suggest refrigerating your canned mandarin oranges first so they tasted refreshingly chilled.
How many people does this Pina Colada Fruit Salad Serve?
This Pina Colada Fruit Salad makes approximately 10 cups. This enough for 10 people to have a one cup serving if you are serving the salad with a lot of other sides. I loooove this salad, however, and could easily eat 3x that for my serving, so just take into account how much you think everyone will eat and what else you are serving with it.
WHAT IS CREAM OF COCONUT?
This tangy, tropical Pina Colada Fruit Salad is tossed with a two-ingredient simple mixture of cream of coconut and pineapple juice – it makes this salad. If you aren’t familiar with cream of coconut, prepare yourself to be obsessed. After I used cream of coconut in my Coconut Cake, I knew it would be increeeeeedible in this Pina Colada Fruit Salad because it’s thick and creamy, boasts an intense sweet coconut flavor, and is lusciously smooth.
Cream of Coconut is not to be confused with coconut cream that you find risen to the top of a can of coconut milk. Cream of Coconut is most often used in mixed drinks and can be found near other drink mixers at your grocery store but does NOT contain alcohol. If you have trouble locating it, just ask someone at the store as it is a very common ingredient. There are both liquid and powered forms so just take care you get the liquid form. I use Coco Real Cream of Coconut in the convenient squeezable form. And if you are looking for more uses of it, try a little stirred into your race – AH-MAZING!
How to Make Pina Colada Fruit Salad Ahead of Time
This Pina Colada Salad is fabulous prepared ahead of time. To make, simply chop all of your fruit except for the bananas and add them to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Whisk your cream of coconut and pineapple juice in a separate bowl and refrigerate separately. When ready to serve, drain any excess liquid from the fruit, add pina colada mixture and evenly toss with fruit.
LOOKING FOR MORE FRUIT SALAD RECIPES?
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Perfect Fruit Salad with Honey Citrus Dressing
- Tropical Winter Fruit Salad
- Winter Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- Watermelon Pineapple Fruit Salad
- Poppy Seed Chicken Fruit Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Almond Granola Fruit Salad
- Grape Salad with Vanilla Yogurt Dressing
- Berry Salad in Honey Mascarpone
WANT TO TRY THIS PINA COLADA FRUIT SALAD RECIPE?
Pin it to your SALAD or GRILL Board to SAVE for later!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Pina Colada Fruit Salad
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut NOT coconut cream* (I use Coco Brand)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 ripe pineapple chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and sliced or quartered
- 4 mandarin (clementine) oranges peeled and sectioned
- 4 firm ripe bananas sliced
- 9 oz. blueberries
- 1 ½ cups green grapes (not pictured but a fabulous addition)
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut more or less to taste
- Whisk the cream of coconut and pineapple juice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- If serving immediately: Add all of the fruit to a large bowl. Add cream of coconut/pineapple mixture and coconut and toss to evenly combine.
- If making ahead: Add all of the fruit to a large bowl EXCEPT bananas. Keep fruit bowl and cream of coconut mixture separate and cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Before serving, drain any excess liquid from the fruit then add bananas, coconut and cream of coconut mixture and toss to evenly combine.
- *Cream of coconut is NOT coconut cream: It is sweetened coconut cream that is often used in mixed drinks but does not contain alcohol. You can find it with the mixers at your local grocery store (get the liquid form/not powdered). It is a very common ingredient so if you can’t find it, be sure to ask for some help. I use the brand Coco Real Cream of Coconut in easy squeezable bottle form. (Click HERE for Amazon link or to see what it looks like.) Coco Lopez Real Cream of Coconut is another popular brand.
- Feel free to customize the fruit with your favs!
- Make Ahead: Chop all of your fruit except for the bananas and add them to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Whisk your cream of coconut and pineapple juice in a separate bowl and refrigerate separately. When ready to serve, drain any excess liquid from the fruit, add pina colada mixture and evenly toss with fruit.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings Original