Ready in 30 minutes, these Mini Hawaiian Pizza Bites are stuffed with your favorite pizza toppings!
Mini Hawaiian Pizzas baked in premade crescent dinner rolls for an easy buttery, fluffy crust stuffed with cheese, pineapple, ham, bacon, green peppers and red onions smothered in a barbecue marinara. Fabulous appetizers or fun family meal!
Mini Hawaiian Pizza Bites
Don’t you just love bite size foods? From my Artichoke Dip Bites to Buffalo Popcorn Chicken, to my Cheesy Meatball Sliders, mini everything is just so fun — not to mention easier to eat! So for these mini pizzas, I went with my favorite Hawaiian pizza.
Hawaiian pizza has been my favorite type of pizza for as long as I can remember.
It might be the sweet crowning pineapple.
It might be the crispy bacon.
It might be the savory ham.
It might be the sweet barbecue marinara.
I think it’s all of those things — together — in one hot cheesy, melty bite.
So when I decided to make mini deep dish pizzas, I knew I wanted to make Hawaiian pizzas. But really, this mini deep dish pizza making method can be used for any toppings, any sauces, anything you can dream up!
What’s on a Hawaiian Pizza?
Hawaiian pizza toppings are often quite controversial, but personally I LOVE pineapple on my pizza. Here’s what you’ll need to make these mini pizza bites:
- Crescent rolls: You want to get the pre-made refrigerated crescent dinner rolls.
- Mozzarella cheese: Use low-moisture fresh mozzarella instead of mozzarella packed in water or the cheese will weep too much and leave you with a soggy pizza. Also, do NOT use pre-shredded mozzarella as it is coated in anti-clumping chemicals which prevent it from melting nicely.
- Marinara sauce: I used a garlic and onion marinara sauce from the store, but buy any kind you like.
- BBQ Sauce: You can use your favorite sweet barbecue sauce (such as Sweet Baby Rays or honey BBQ sauce), although I highly suggest making my homemade BBQ sauce recipe.
- Chopped pineapple: Fresh or canned tidbits will work.
- Green bell pepper: I prefer using green bell pepper for this pineapple pizza recipe as it’s less sweet and balances out the other toppings.
- Red onion: Red onions add a pop of zippy fresh flavor that really make the pizza come alive. Make sure to slice them thinly so they soften in the oven.
- Ham: Sliced ham or Canadian bacon will work.
- Bacon: You need to cook the bacon until crisp, then crumble before adding it to the pizza.
- Spices: I used a blend of dried basil, ginger, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
How to Make Hawaiian Pizza Bites
All you need to make mini pizzas are some crescent dinner rolls for the crust (I’ve found these to be the easiest to work with) and then the possibilities are endless!
For my Hawaiian version, you combine your pineapple, ham, bacon, green peppers, red onion, premade marinara sauce, sweet barbecue sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, some dried basil and ginger. Just looking at the combo makes me giddy!
Spoon the filling into the unbaked crusts…
Top with some more mozzarella cheese because pizza should be cheesy!
Bake for about 15 minutes and you have the cutest Mini Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizzas you ever did see!
And the tastiest you ever did eat.
Tips for Making Pineapple Pizza Bites
- Generously spray the muffin cups with non-stick spray, otherwise your Hawaiian pizza bites will stick to the pan.
- When pressing the crescent rolls into the muffin cups, I find it easiest to press a corner on the short side of the triangle crescent together with the longest point of the triangle to form a cup before placing in muffin tin.
- Do not overfill the muffin cups, otherwise your mini pizzas will overflow in the oven.
Can I Prep Mini Pizza Bites in Advance?
Yes! These pineapple pizza bites can be baked and then frozen for later. Keep reading for my tips on freezing and reheating pizza bites.
How to Store Hawaiian Pizza Bites
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat Hawaiian Pizza Bites
To reheat in the oven:
- Line a baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer pizza bites to the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
To reheat in the microwave:
- Microwave at 20-second intervals until heated through. Be aware that the crust will lose crunch in the microwave.
How to Freeze Hawaiian Pizza Bites
Freeze leftovers by placing each mini pizza in small plastic bag and sealing it. To use, remove from bag and reheat in the microwave or reheat on a baking tray in preheated oven at 425F degrees until heated through.
What to Serve with Hawaiian Pizza Bites
These mini pineapple pizza bites are fabulous with just a big green salad, pasta salad and fruit. Here are some of my favorites:
- Salad: Wedge Salad, Strawberry Avocado Broccoli Salad, Strawberry Salad, Spinach Berry Salad, Cucumber Tomato Salad, Southwest Salad and Corn Salad.
- Pasta Salad: Italian Tortellini Salad, Greek Pasta Salad, BLT Pasta Salad, Cowboy Pasta Salad Bacon and Pea Pasta Salad and Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad.
- Fruit: Grilled Pineapple, Creamy Grape Salad, Summer Fruit Salad, Perfect Fruit Salad, Tropical Fruit Salad or Berry Salad in Honey Mascarpone.
- Veggies: Roasted Parmesan Asparagus, Roasted Broccoli, Sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Elote (Mexican Street Corn), and Grilled Corn on the Cob.
Looking for More Homemade Pizza Recipes?
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Taco Flatbread Pizza
- Greek Pizza
- Pear Gorgonzola Pizza
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Pulled Pork Pizza
- Pizza Pinwheels
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Mini Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizzas
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 8 oz. refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic salt
Hawaiian Pizza Filling
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons marinara sauce (I use garlic and onion)
- 1/3 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped gpineapple (fresh or canned tidbits)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped Canadian bacon/ham *about 10 slices)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oven to 375F degrees. Spray 16 regular-size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll dough one tube at a time and separate triangles along proliferated edges. Press triangles into 16 muffin cups and up the edges to form a cup.* Sprinkle dough with garlic salt.
- In medium bowl, mix Hawaiian Pizza Filling together and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste. Evenly divide mixture between dough and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Let pizzas stand 1 minute then loosen edges with a knife.
**This recipe can be halved or you can freeze leftovers by placing each individual pizza in small plastic bag and sealing it. To use, remove from bag and reheat in the microwave or reheat on a baking tray in preheated oven at 425F degrees until heated through.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original