This pulled pork pizza is restaurant delicious at home!
This Pulled Pork Pizza is epic; it’s your favorite pulled pork tacos but in pizza form! It starts with golden pizza dough layered with spiced tomato bean sauce, tantalizing sweet pulled pork, melty cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes all drizzled in Tomatillo Avocado Ranch. It’s a fiesta of flavor and texture in every mouthful. This Pulled Pork Pizza is the most delicious way to use leftover pulled pork and you can also use shortcut store bought pizza dough which makes dinner come together in flash!
What is Pulled Pork Pizza?
This tasty Pulled Pork Pizza is inspired by the tostada pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. While it’s not identical, it is every bit as satisfyingly delicious…or in my humble opinion, even more delicious, because it’s piled with chipotle pulled pork!
Here’s the complete rundown: this Pulled Pork Pizza is smothered in tantalizing saucy, seasoned bean sauce, loaded with sweet and spicy juicy pork, smothered in gooey Monterrey Jack Cheese and topped with crunchy lettuce, juicy tomatoes and creamy, velvety 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch with jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, lime and smoked paprika.
Okay, you need this Pulled Pork Pizza in your life! Thankfully, your need can easily be fulfilled because once you have made your Chipotle Sweet Pulled Pork, this pizza is a snap to throw together. And good thing too, because in a snap, its gone. You simply won’t be able to stop eating, and eating and eating. Don’t worry, I made the recipe for 2 pulled pork pizzas.
Sweet Pulled Pork Taco Pizza with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch. Go ahead, Enjoy and get messy!
WHY You’ll LOVE this PULLED PORK PIZZA recipe
There are SO many reasons to love this Pulled Pork Pizza Recipe, here are just a few:
- Reinvent leftovers. This Pulled Pork Pizza is the most gourmet way to use up your your pulled pork leftovers. You will be wishing for leftovers just so you can make this pizza!
- Less expensive: You can serve the whole family – and then some – for way less than dining out.
- Easy: The slow cooker does most of the work then it’s time to pile on toppings.
- Freezer friendly. I love to make one pizza and and freeze the other pizza sans fresh toppings. This means you get two meals for the effort of one!
- Delicious! While I’ve already waxed eloquent on the subject, just know you will LOVE this fun new twist on pizza. The layers of sweet, spicy, salty, buttery, juicy, creamy, tangy, crunchy – all in ONE bite are mesmerizing.
- Crowd friendly. This Pulled Pork Pizza recipe can easily feed a crowd, making it perfect for parties or Game Day.
- That dressing. It’s a great excuse to eat my Tomatillo Avocado Dressing AKA one of the most pleasurable experiences of your life.
What Pork is Best for Pulled Pork Pizza?
The bests Pulled Pork Pizza starts with the best pulled pork recipe! For this pulled pork pizza, you are going to want 4 cups Chipotle Sweet Pulled Pork.
This pork is easy to make in the slow cooker but unbelievably delicious. It’s juicy, tender, saucy, sweet and spicy. It’s made with salsa, brown sugar, diced green chiles, enchilada sauce and of course, spices! So each bite is an explosion of flavor.
I typically make this pulled pork recipe for large gatherings because it’s so easy and always a favorite, but now you can make it for just dinner too because you can serve it in tacos/burritos etc. then turn around and pile it on Pulled Pork Pizza for an entirety different meal.
You can also freeze the pulled pork in 4 cup portions and just pull out a serving when you’re ready to make your pulled pork pizza recipe.
Can I use store bought Pizza Dough?
Absolutely! Using store bought pizza dough is a fabulous shortcut for this pulled pork pizza recipe. Just be aware this recipe makes two pizzas, so you will want to either half the recipe or purchase dough for two pizzas.
You can also make my homemade pizza dough recipe. and freeze it for when you’re ready to make pizza. All make ahead and freezing instructions included in the recipe. This pizza dough recipe has TONS of rave reviews so you will not be disappointed!
HOW TO MAKE PULLED PORK PIZZA
This Pulled Pork Pizza recipe is SO easy! Here’s how to make it:
- Make or purchase pizza dough and roll out 2 circles.
- Combine the black bean sauce ingredients and heat, then spread onto dough.
- Evenly cover bean sauce with pork.
- Cover with cheese then bake unto golden bubbly.
- While pizza cooks, make Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing.
- Top pizza with lettuce, tomatoes,, tortilla strips and dressing.
VARIATIONS FOR PULLED PORK PIZZA
- Add pineapple or chopped mangos
- Add diced jalapenos for some more heat
- Add fresh avocado slices to garnish the top
- Add cilantro for garnish
- Add green onions for garnish
- Add chopped bacon
- Swap the bean sauce for seasoned refried beans
- Swap the dressing for ranch, sour cream or Greek yogurt
CAN I MAKE THIS PULLED PORK PIZZA GLUTEN FREE?
If you can get a gluten free pizza dough, everything else should be gluten free. Make sure to check all spices and sauces for gluten, some manufactures have gluten in those items. Omit the tortilla strips, or use corn tortillas.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT PULLED PORK PIZZA?
Before reheating your Pulled Pork Pizza, you will want to remove any fresh toppings such as lettuce so it doesn’t become a funny texture and loose its freshness.
To reheat pizza in the oven:
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place baking sheet in oven and heat at 450 degrees F until hot, about 10 minutes. If you would like a chewier crust, then heat to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer pizza (slices) to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Once the cheese starts bubbling then you know you’re good to go.
To reheat pizza on the stove:
- Add slices of pizza to skillet and over loosely with the lid.
- Heat over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
To reheat pizza in the microwave:
- Microwave at 20 seconds intervals until heated through. Be aware that the crust will loose crunch in the microwave.
CAN YOU FREEZE PULLED PORK PIZZA?
Yes, you can freeze Pulled Pork Pizza without the fresh toppings as they will become a funny texture. As previously mentioned, I like to make one pizza and freeze the second.
- Bake chicken pizza according to directions.
- Do not add fresh toppings.
- Let pizza cool completely to room temperature.
- Add pizza slices to a large freezer safe and lay flat to freeze or wrap entire pizza a few times in plastic wrap then in foil.
- When ready to eat, bake at 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Looking for more Pork Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Asian Caramel Pulled Pork
- Chipotle Sweet Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Green Beans and Potatoes
Carlsbad Cravings Original