Thai Chicken Pizza on your Table in 25 Minutes!
This Thai Chicken Pizza is inspired by the wildly popular California Pizza Kitchen version and couldn’t be any more delicious! Flatbread is smothered in an easy Asian peanut sauce then loaded with tender chicken, mozzarella cheese, crunchy carrots, sprouts and peanuts and the option of Coconut Crema drizzle – an amazing flavor bursting quick dinner or appetizer at a fraction of the cost!
Thai Chicken Pizza
Oh how I love California Pizza Kitchen! My crush started when I was just a teenager and CPK was just a yellow and black checkered restaurant. It was our teenage hangout for all occasions that warranted a little longer or a little nicer nicer than the favorite In-N-Out. At CPK, our large, loud, bubbly group always ended up seated in the back corner. And somehow, I always ended up with the Thai Chicken Pizza.
I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
While CPK is known for their BBQ Chicken Pizza, which I do love, its their delectable Thai Chicken Pizza that has my heart. I find its refreshing Thai flavors and complimentary textures absolutely intoxicating. And now I am thrilled to share my version of CPK, so YOU too can love this pizza whenever your heart desires.
What is Thai Chicken Pizza?
So what exactly is Thai chicken Pizza? If you’ve never had the pleasure of devouring Thai chicken Pizza before, it is a savory, nutty, as spicy-as-you-want-it Thai flavored pizza.
The creamy, nutty Thai chicken is topped with mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced red onions, matchstick carrots, bean sprouts and cilantro. It’s a texture lovers dream – in 25 minutes!
Reasons to Love this Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
- RESTAURANT delicious: layer upon layer of flavor and texture will have you skipping CPK for your homemade Thai Chicken Pizza instead!
- Less expensive: serve the whole family for the price of a one serving pizza!
- Pantry friendly: you probably keep most of the ingredients stocked in your pantry or fridge so you can make this Thai Chicken Pizza at a moments notice AKA the perfect last minute/no plan dinner.
- Easy: just whisk your sauce together, chop your chicken and pile with shortcut pre-packaged toppings.
- Customizable: top your pizza with whatever veggies you love or simply whatever you have on hand.
- Quick: on your table in less than 25 minutes from start to finish!
- Easy to Double: you can double or triple this Thai Chicken Pizza recipe depending on how many mouths you have to feed.
Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe Ingredients
- chicken: you can use diced chicken breasts or chicken thighs, but I use chicken breasts because they are leaner and wonderfully tender in this preparation.
- peanut butter: you can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter but I prefer crunchy for the dimension of texture it adds.
- soy sauce: use low sodium soy sauce so your sauce isn’t too salty because we are also adding peanut butter.
- brown sugar: adds sweetness to balance the soy, lime juice and fish sauce.
- lime juice: you may use fresh or bottled lime juice.
- fish sauce: I promise fish sauce will not be detectable or make your Thai Chicken Pizza taste fishy! Instead, it is a quintessential Thai food ingredient that adds the balance of savory and salty flavor. You may substitute fish sauce with soy sauce, but it won’t be quite as rounded.
- ginger: adds a warm spicy, almost pepper taste. You only need ½ teaspoon ground, otherwise you can use 1 teaspoon freshly grated.
- garlic: use ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves.
- dried basil: adds a layer of savory, peppery and slightly minty flavor.
- Asian chili paste or sriracha: if your sauce is missing something, it is heat! Add chili sauce to taste. If you aren’t sure how much to add, you can start with less then stir in more at the end if needed.
What Toppings for Thai Chicken Pizza?
Thai Chicken Pizza is topped with:
- thinly sliced red onion: you may substitute with green onions if red onions are not your thing.
- mozzarella cheese: use freshly grated cheese for best results.
- white bean sprouts: add a delightful, fresh crunch! Packaged bean sprouts go bad very quickly so make sure to use them within a couple days.
- matchstick carrots: you can slice your own thin carrots or purchase pre-packaged matchstick carrots.
- cilantro: adds the fresh, zesty, citrusy kick. Add it after the chicken comes out of the oven. Use more or less to taste.
- chopped peanuts: add yet another dimension of undeniably delicious texture.
- Add your own! You may also try your own toppings such as shredded cabbage, shredded Brussels sprouts, water chestnuts, pineapple etc.
How to Make Thai Chicken Pizza
- Combine Sauce ingredients. Start by whisking your peanut sauce ingredients together which is simple mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, ginger, garlic, basil and of course – peanut butter! We will add the peanut butter at the very end. This sauce is a variation of the peanut sauce I use in all my Thai peanut dishes and every time I am amazed at how much flavor can come from so simple a sauce – and you will too!
- Cook chicken: Cook chopped chicken just until no longer pink – it does not need to be cooked though because it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Combine chicken and sauce: Add Peanut Sauce (except for peanut butter) to chicken and simmer with chicken for two minutes to infuse the chicken with flavor. Stir in peanut butter until smooth and completely combined.
- Top pizza: Spread this peanut chicken sauce onto your pizzas, pile with mozzarella cheese, red onions, carrots, bean sprouts.
- Bake: Bake pizza for about 10 minutes until golden bubbly.
- Garnish. Garnish Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza with with cilantro, crushed peanuts and if you are feeling extra flirty and fun, drizzle it with 4 ingredient Coconut Yogurt Crema! Trust me, you want to feel extra flirty and fun.
How Many Does Thai Chicken Pizza Serve?
This Thai Chicken Pizza recipe makes 2 flatbread pizzas which I would say serves about 2-4. Two if you are like Patrick and me and both NEED your very own pizza or 4 if you are serving with a substantial side or with kiddos. So yeah, you should probably double or triple the recipe.
What to Serve with Thai Chicken Pizza?
Thai Chicken Pizza is fabulous with just a big green salad or roasted veggies (asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower) and fruit salad, or if you are looking for more delectable Asian appetizers, you’ll love this pizza with Wontons, Asian Salad, Potstickers, Wonton Soup or Chinese Chicken Egg Rolls.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT THAI CHICKEN PIZZA?
You can reheat Thai Chicken Pizza in the microwave at 30 second intervals but the crust will lose its crunch. I prefer to reheat this flatbread pizza in the oven at 250 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
CAN I FREEZE THAI CHICKEN PIZZA?
You can freeze Thai Chicken Pizza without the fresh toppings as they will become a funny texture.
- Bake chicken pizza according to directions.
- Do not add fresh toppings.
- Let pizza cool completely to room temperature.
- Add each flatbread pizza to a large freezer bag or wrap tightly several times in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
CPK Copycat Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza, an easy week-night dinner or impressive appetizer so you can satisfy your Thai cravings AND pizza cravings in one bite! or one pizza, two pizzas…
Looking for more Thai Recipes?
- Red Curry Chicken
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Panang Curry
- Yellow Curry
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tom Kha Gai
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
- Thai Orange Peanut Chicken
- Thai Soup with Chicken and Wild Rice
- Thai Peanut Dressing
- Thai Peanut Orange Chicken
WANT TO TRY THIS THAI CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR CHICKEN, ASIAN OR DINNER BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 2 naan flatbread pizzas
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (may sub. soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp EACH garlic powder, dried basil
- ¼ tsp EACH ground ginger, salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup white bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup Matchstick carrots
Coconut Crema (optional)
- 1/2 of a 5.3 oz. container coconut yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- chopped cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- Coconut Crema: Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or nonslip mats (for easy cleanup). Set aside.
- Whisk all the Peanut Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl EXCEPT for the peanut butter. Set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and saute just until no longer pink (does not need to be cooked through). Add prepared Peanut Sauce (except for peanut butter) and simmer with chicken for two minutes. Stir in peanut butter until smooth and completely combined.
- Evenly divide Chicken Peanut Sauce between flatbread and spread almost to edges. Evenly divide and layer cheese, red onions, carrots, and sprouts on each of the flatbreads.
- Bake for 10 minutes then broil until cheese is golden if desired. Garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro and Coconut Crema.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: