This Crockpot Potato Soup is unbelievably creamy (without any heavy cream), mega flavorful and super easy!
This Crockpot Potato Soup is wonderfully rich, thick and creamy without any heavy cream or the hassle of making a roux! I have a secret trick to get that velvety sauce that you are going to looooove! You are also going to love diving into this luxuriously creamy potato soup without all the guilt!
About Crockpot Potato Soup
If your holidays were anything like mine with a basket brimming with goodies on the kitchen counter that you had to swipe something from every time you walked by, then you might be looking for something a little on the lighter side. But to ease you into “lighter,” I’ve whipped up Lighter Crockpot White Chicken Chili, Lighter Broccoli Cheese Soup, Lighter Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder and now this thick and creamy potato soup! This Crock Potato Soup recipe is certain to fool your taste buds but not your waistline!
This Slow Cooker Potato Soup is wonderfully rich, thick and creamy without any heavy cream or the hassle of making a roux! The most time consuming part of this potato soup is chopping the veggies which probably only takes 20 minutes, so worth it for bowl after bowl of foodie heaven. If you want to do most of the prep ahead of time, just be sure to keep your chopped potatoes in water in the refrigerator to keep from browning and then when you are ready to cook, its dump and run time!
How to Make Crockpot Potato Soup
You area going to LOVE how easy this Crockpot Potato Soup is to make. Here’s all you do:
- Add diced potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, 2 strips crumbled bacon and 4 cups chicken broth to your slow cooker along with dried parsley, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, pepper and chicken bouillon. The generous seasonings really set this soup apart because with that many otherwise bland potatoes and veggies, you really need to dress this silkiliciousness up with some flavor OOMPH!
- Cook on HIGH for 4 -5 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are completely tender – then it’s magic time.
- To create the ultra creamy soup, add 1/2-2/3 of the soup contents (veggies and broth) to your blender along with some cornstarch, evaporated milk and cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat) and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the creamy blender contents back into slow cooker along with 1 cup chicken broth and cook on high for 20 additional minutes in order to thicken some more then stir in 1 cup cheddar until smooth.
- Finally, garnish your comforting, warm, fabulously delicious Slow Cooker Potato Soup with all or some of your favorite garnishes – cheese, bacon, green onions, sour cream, crackers, etc.
- And drink up bowl after bowl after bowl. Because its skinny. And because you can. And because it doesn’t taste skinny at all.
Looking for more Creamy Soup Recipes?
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- Loaded Zuppa Toscana
- Tomato Basil Soup
- New England Clam Chowder
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Chowder
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
Want to try this Skinny Slow Cooker Potato Soup?
Pin it to your SOUP, CROCKPOT or HEALTHY Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: