This Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili is about to become your new favorite easy, White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe – AND it’s lightened up and won 5 best chili awards – and counting!
This Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili recipe is sooooo creamy (without any heavy cream!), comforting, wonderfully hearty, and the layers of flavors are out of this world! It’s almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds! So even if you have never tasted White Bean Chicken Chili before, it is guaranteed to have your family and friends begging for more!
I’ve been counting down the days to soup season – and slow cooker season – my favorite “food” season of the year – so I could finally post this White Chicken Chili Soup recipe! Not only are slow cooker recipes fantastically easy and fill every nook and cranny of your home with anticipated savory deliciousness all day, but they taste as if you have been slaving away all day when nothing could be further from the truth! (Check out my slow cooker recipes HERE).
Soups are also one of my favs – so comfortingly delicious and they generally only require one pot, are a meal in one, boast layers of complex flavors from simmering, reheat beautifully for leftovers, and require hardly any “hands on” pep time – winning! And my absolutely favorite types of soups – slow cooker soups! If anyone ever tells me they “can’t cook” or “don’t have time to cook,” I tell them to check out my slow cooker soups!
Some of my favorite slow cooker soups are Slow Cooker SKINNY Potato Soup, Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Chicken Wild Rice Soup, Slow Cooker BEST EVER Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken Chowder my Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup– and now I’m adding this Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili to the top of the list. Its epic. (Check out my soup recipes HERE).
What is White Bean Chicken Chili?
This White Bean Chicken Chili is bursting with everything that makes White Chicken Chili delicious – and then some: tender shredded chicken, creamy, hearty beans, warm fiestalicious spices, tangy bright green chilies and aromatic fresh cilantro. But to make this truly epic Crockpot White Chicken Chili – its creamified! Because nothing says ultimate comfort food like warm, creamilicious soup. And because this soup is so knock your socks of delicious – you are going to want to eat bowl after bowl after bowl – which is why I’ve used a “skinny” method to make this soup rich and creamy.
How To Make White Chicken Chili
- Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken in an even layer followed by all our remaining slow cooker ingredients of Great Norther Beans, low sodium chicken broth, onion, diced green chilies, diced tomatoes, cream style corn, jalapenos, garlic and our warm fiestalicious seasonings.Give the top ingredients a stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, shred chicken and return chicken to slow cooker. Turn Slow Cooker to High (if it had been on Low).
- Remove 1/2 cup broth and add it to your blender along with 1 can beans, 1/4 cup cilantro, light cream cheese and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Blend to create a smooth puree then add this back to the soup along with your chicken. Cook for another 30 minutes and your soup will emerge soooooo wonderfully creamy. Then go crazy on the toppings!
What toppings go with White Bean Chicken Chili?
Topping time is the time to customize your chili! Use all or some of your favs:
Tips to make Creamy White Chicken Chili Lightened Up!
- I lighten up this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili with my favorite method for making soups “skinny” – I use a can of cream-style corn as part of the soup base instead of heavy cream! Its natural creaminess is a life changing secret ingredient!
- We get even creamier by blending 1 can of beans, light cream cheese and 2 tablespoons cornstarch together until smooth then adding it back to the slow cooker. This trifecta is perfection at producing creamy soups.
- We cook the soup on HIGH for another 30 minutes so the cornstarch can activate and the soup can thicken even further.
And because we’ve saved a load of calories by not using heavy cream, we can afford to indulge in toppings. Lots and lots of toppings…cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips etc. all your favorites in one bowl. An epically delicious bowl.
Looking for More Mexican Soup Recipes?
- Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup
- Cheesy Taco Soup
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Salsa Verede Chicken Tortilla Soup
- White Chicken Chili
Want to try this Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe?
Pin it to your SLOW COOKER, SKINNY, SOUP, MEXICAN or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: