This Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili is about to become your new favorite easy, White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe – AND it’s lightened up and won 5 best chili awards – and counting!
This Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili recipe is sooooo creamy (without any heavy cream!), comforting, wonderfully hearty, and the layers of flavors are out of this world! It’s almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds! So even if you have never tasted White Bean Chicken Chili before, it is guaranteed to have your family and friends begging for more!
Easy Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe
I’ve been counting down the days to soup season – and slow cooker season – my favorite “food” season of the year – so I could finally post this White Chicken Chili Soup recipe! Not only are slow cooker recipes fantastically easy and fill every nook and cranny of your home with anticipated savory deliciousness all day, but they also taste as if you have been slaving away all day when nothing could be further from the truth! (Check out my slow cooker recipes HERE).
Soups are also one of my favs – so comfortingly delicious and they generally only require one pot, are a meal in one, boast layers of complex flavors from simmering, reheat beautifully for leftovers, and require hardly any “hands on” pep time – winning! And my absolutely favorite types of soups – slow cooker soups! If anyone ever tells me they “can’t cook” or “don’t have time to cook,” I tell them to check out my slow cooker soups!
Some of my favorite slow cooker soups are Slow Cooker SKINNY Potato Soup, Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Chicken Wild Rice Soup, Slow Cooker BEST EVER Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken Chowder my Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup — and now I’m adding this Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili to the top of the list. It’s epic.
This White Bean Chicken Chili is bursting with everything that makes White Chicken Chili delicious and then some: tender shredded chicken, creamy, hearty beans, warm fiestalicious spices, tangy bright green chilies and aromatic fresh cilantro. But to make this truly epic Crockpot White Chicken Chili – it’s creamified! Because nothing says ultimate comfort food like warm, creamilicious soup.
And because this soup is so knock your socks of delicious – you are going to want to eat bowl after bowl after bowl – which is why I’ve used a “skinny” method to make this soup rich and creamy.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili Ingredients
Despite being a “lighter” recipe, this is a white chicken chili with cream cheese — because it’s not really white chicken chili without it! Here’s what you’ll need to make this creamy chicken chili:
- Chicken breasts: I use boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe.
- Great northern beans: These beans are large and ultra creamy in texture!
- Chicken broth and bouillon: Use reduced sodium chicken broth so we can also use chicken bouillon, which is slightly salty and adds intense, concentrated flavor.
- Yellow onion: I used a large onion to pack in more flavor.
- Diced green chiles: You can buy mild chiles, or spicier ones to amp up the heat.
- Diced tomatoes: You want petite diced tomatoes. Be sure to drain them!
- Cream-style corn: My secret ingredient for making creamy soups without having to add cream!
- Jalapeños: Leave the seeds in for a spicier chili.
- Garlic: I used four whole cloves, because garlic adds lots of great flavor.
- Spices: I used a blend of cumin, chili powder, oregano, and smoked paprika.
- Cream cheese: I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese to keep this creamy chicken chili soup on the lighter side.
- Cornstarch: Helps thicken the soup without having to add lots of cream cheese.
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro imparts a boost of flavor that cuts through the creamy broth.
How to Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken in an even layer followed by all our remaining slow cooker ingredients of Great Norther Beans, low sodium chicken broth, onion, diced green chilies, diced tomatoes, cream style corn, jalapenos, garlic and our warm fiestalicious seasonings. Give the top ingredients a stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, shred chicken and return chicken to slow cooker. Turn Slow Cooker to High (if it had been on Low).
- Remove 1/2 cup broth and add it to your blender along with 1 can beans, 1/4 cup cilantro, light cream cheese and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Blend to create a smooth puree then add this back to the soup along with your chicken. Cook for another 30 minutes and your soup will emerge soooooo wonderfully creamy. Then go crazy on the toppings!
What toppings Go with White Bean Chicken Chili?
Topping time is the time to customize your chili! Use all or some of your favs:
Tips for Making the Best White Chicken Chili
- I lighten up this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili with my favorite method for making soups “skinny” — I use a can of cream-style corn as part of the soup base instead of heavy cream! Its natural creaminess is a life changing secret ingredient!
- We get even creamier by blending 1 can of beans, light cream cheese and 2 tablespoons cornstarch together until smooth then adding it back to the slow cooker. This trifecta is perfection at producing creamy soups.
- We cook the soup on HIGH for another 30 minutes so the cornstarch can activate and the soup can thicken even further.
And because we’ve saved a load of calories by not using heavy cream, we can afford to indulge in toppings. Lots and lots of toppings…cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips etc. all your favorites in one bowl. An epically delicious bowl.
Can I Prep This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili in Advance?
Yes, you can make a big batch of chili and reheat it throughout the week! If you’d like to prep the ingredients for this chili in advance, there’s no a whole lot that can be done. You can certainly chop up all the veggies and store them in the fridge, but otherwise this is a dump and cook kind of recipe.
How to Store Creamy White Chicken Chili
Slow cooker white chicken chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Can I Freeze White Chicken Chili?
Because this creamy chicken chili doesn’t contain much dairy, it should be fine to freeze.
- Let chili cool completely.
- Divide chili into freezer-friendly plastic containers or freezer bags. Squeeze out any air.
- Label and date.
- Freeze for up to 3 months. Lay freezer bags flat to safe space.
- Let frozen chili thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Reheat Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Transfer to a soup pot, microwave-safe dish or Crockpot to reheat. To reheat in the crockpot, cook on low for 1-2 hours depending on leftover volume.
What to Serve with Creamy Chicken Chili
We LOVE our easy Crockpot white chicken chili with my favorite ever Moist Cornbread and a big green salad. Some people also love their chili over rice or pasta for some added texture. If you wanted a full spread, chili is also wonderful with:
- Potatoes: Baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries or Twice Baked Potatoes
- Comforting Sides: Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese,
- Breads: Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls, Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks, Cheesy Pull Apart Pesto Bread, Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread
- Salad: Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Ranch, Cucumber Salad, Spinach Salad, Broccoli Strawberry Salad
- Veggies: Roasted Asparagus, Glazed Carrots, Roasted Cauliflower, Sautéed Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Honey Carrots
Looking for More Mexican Soup Recipes?
- Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup
- Cheesy Taco Soup
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Salsa Verede Chicken Tortilla Soup
- White Chicken Chili
Want to try this Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe?
Pin it to your SLOW COOKER, SKINNY, SOUP, MEXICAN or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: