These Oven Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon, Pesto and Parmesan will blow your mind with their tender, explosive flavor AND ease!
This Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe makes for an impressive side for special occasions (think Father’s Day) but so easy you’ll be making these at least once a week. Or at least wishing you were. These oven roasted potatoes are tender, infused with flavor and the toppings are endless!
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
I love potatoes in all shapes and sizes, from my Potatoes Au Gratin with Bacon to my Company Mashed Potatoes to my Twice Baked Potatoes, but I especially love how EASY and delicious these pesto potatoes are! How something so easy and so small can be this delicious is beyond me. But I’ll take it. And I’ll make these crispy roasted potatoes again and again and again until my Costco size bag of red potatoes runs out. But even still, the cravings remain for these tender toasted, roasted, morsels…
I loooove oven roasting vegetables from oven roasted potatoes to oven roasted carrots to oven roasted broccoli and asparagus. As the vegetables roast, the become tender on the inside and caramelized on the outside. Their natural flavors in these oven roasted potatoes are enhanced and they become a blank canvas for whatever flavor profile you desire.
For this oven roasted potatoes recipe, I’ve gone with bacon, Parmesan and pesto and they are HEAVEN, but you can completely customize them to fit your mood or preference
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Ingredients
The ingredients needed to make these crispy roasted red potatoes are simple.
- Red potatoes: You’ll need to cube the red potatoes so they cook quickly in the oven.
- Pesto: Use your favorite store-bought pesto (any variety should work).
- Olive oil: You need a little olive oil to help the potatoes crisp up.
- Dry ranch seasoning mix: Do NOT use regular ranch dressing. You want the seasoning packet that comes as a powder.
- Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Easy!
- Bacon: Optional, but highly recommend.
- Parmesan: Buy a wedge of Parmesan and shred it yourself for the best flavor and texture.
- I prefer using red potatoes because they crisp up so nicely, but I’m sure you can make this crispy oven roasted potatoes recipe using another variety of potato.
- I used classic basil pesto, but I bet a cilantro pesto or sun-dried tomato pesto would work as well.
- You can substitute the olive oil with another neutral flavored oil that has a high smoke point.
How to Roast Red Potatoes
These roasted potatoes are bursting with flavor from subtle savory charm of of the pesto with hints of basil, Parmesan and nutty pine nuts while the ranch seasoning rounds out the herbs with just a hint of ranch goodness.
And then there is bacon. You can add no bacon, little, or lots. I go with lots. Because it’s bacon.
- First coat your chopped red potatoes in pesto, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Next, lay the potables evenly out on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Oven roast your potatoes at 400 degrees F or until fork tender. If you like extra crispy potatoes, then roast for longer or broil to golden deliciousness…
- Then toss your Oven Roasted Potatoes with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crispy, crumbly bacon.
This Roasted Potatoes Recipe is ready to become your new easy, favorite way to devour potatoes. Your new favorite way to impress your family and friends. Your new favorite way to consume bacon and potatoes and pesto and Parmesan at once.
Be giddy. Be very giddy.
How Long to Roast Red Potatoes?
These crispy roasted red potatoes need to cook at 400F for roughly 40 minutes, or until golden and fork tender.
Tips for the Best Roasted Red Potatoes
- I find the flavor of garlic powder gets more evenly distributed than minced garlic but you may use 2 cloves minced garlic if you prefer.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet so they are not touching. This ensures the potatoes will cook evenly and so they will roast and not steam.
- I like to toss all the ingredients together on the baking pan because it saves an extra dish but you can also toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Variations
- Use different seasonings: You can season the crispy oven roasted potatoes with virtually any spice blend! Instead of pesto, spices, and Parmesan, you can use Cajun seasoning, turmeric, Chinese 5 spice, smoked paprika, ground Cumin, chili Powder, red chili flakes, etc.
- Add cheese: You can add any type of cheese from cheddar to pepper jack to your oven roasted red potatoes once they are tender, then continue to bake until the cheese is melted.
- Make it herby: Toss the red potatoes with olive oil and Italian seasoning (or fresh herbs!).
Can I Prep Oven Roasted Red Potatoes in Advance?
These crispy roasted potatoes are best enjoyed immediately as they lose their crispness over time. However, you can certainly roast them ahead of time and reheat them throughout the week for salads, wraps, breakfast burritos, and more — they just won’t be crispy anymore.
How to Store Roasted Red Potatoes
These crispy roasted red potatoes can be stored in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
You can reheat roasted potatoes in the microwave or on the stovetop, but for crispier red potatoes, reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F until hot.
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
Looking for More Roasted Vegetable Recipes?
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter
- Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
- Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
- Baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Broccolini (With Lemon and Garlic)
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Asian Roasted Butternut Squash and Cashews
Tools Used in This Recipe
Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Parmesan
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 6 strips bacon, crumbled, more or less to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl followed by olive oil, pesto and spices. Toss until evenly coated.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until fork tender and golden in some places, stirring half way through. (If you like your potatoes crispy, bake for longer).
- When ready to serve, stir in bacon. Garnish with fresh parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original