This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Parmesan Lemon Garlic Broccoli (or Broccolini) is bursting with flavor, caramelized edges and the quickest side dish to every meal all made in ONE PAN! Delicious enough for company but everyday easy!
Side dishes. Is a love-hate relationship. Love to eat them, hate to make them after already prepping the main event. But not roasted vegetables – that is a LOVE-LOVE relationships. Toss the vegetables with olive oil and seasonings, roast while you prep your meal and dive into crisp-tender caramelized vegetables! Some of my favorites are Roasted Cauliflower.. Roasted Asparagus. Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Carrots and now this Roasted Broccolini!
This Roasted Parmesan Lemon Garlic Broccolini (or Broccoli) – is a love-love relationship because it takes just a couple minutes prep, the the oven does most of the work and you get a company worthy side!
So if you have energy to toss a few pantry staple ingredients with broccoli and spread them on a pan, you can always have a delicious side to every meal!
Oven roasted veggies are some of my favorites like my Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots, Crispy Baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries and Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash and Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan. Aside from the minimal prep, the high heat and large surface area caramelizes the natural sugars as the veggies become tender on the inside with nice, golden crispy outside infused with a tantalizing nutty taste.
Roasted Broccoli has also always been a favorite of mine, but have you tried broccolini? You can use either broccoli or broccolini in this Roasted Parmesan Lemon Garlic Broccoli or Broccolini recipe and both are divine – it just kind of depends on what fits your purpose/mood. I find broccolini to look a little more gourmet for special occasions and company (like Valentines, Easter, etc.). Its just as delectable as roasted broccoli with a more mild, earthy taste. If you aren’t familiar with broccolini it looks like baby broccoli with small florets and long stems – and the name sounds like baby broccoli, but it is actually a hybrid between broccoli and Chinese broccoli created in 1933.
If using broccolini, you’ll want to start by trimming the bottom 2 inches off the broccolini stems so the are nice and fresh and no woody tasting ends remain and then slice any extra thick stems in half to create uniform broccolini so they will all roast in the same amount of time. If using broccoli, just make sure the florets are roughly the same size, cutting any extra large florets in half.
Next, your broccolini or broccoli gets tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic – all on the SAME pan you are roasting it on (yay for only ONE DISH) and then you spread the broccolini in an even layer to roast. I use a large jelly roll pan but if you don’t have one, then just use two baking sheets. They key here is we want enough room for the broccolini or broccoli to spread out so it can actually roast and not just steam.
After roasting for 12 minutes, we remove the broccolini or broccoli and toss with lemon zest and additional lemon juice if desired (taste first) then spread back into an even layer and sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil until Parmesan is melted, and that’s it for Roasted Parmesan Lemon Garlic Broccoli (or Broccolini)! If you like crispier or more charred florets, feel free to broil for longer – the charred parts are my favorite!
As in all recipes, please remember you can customize the measurements to suit your tastes/mood. You can add more or less garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and/or Parmesan. You can even mix it up and leave off the lemon juice/zest completely or swap it out for a drizzle of balsamic or spice it up with some red pepper flakes. The possibilities are endless for this one pan tender-crispy broccoli (or broccolini) with crispy edges and so is the deliciousness!
Looking for more side dish recipes?
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Balsamic Brown Butter Roasted Asparagus
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Fingerling Fries
- Company Mashed Potatoes
- Strawberry Melon Fruit Salad
- Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Gruyere and Bacon
Want to try this Roasted Parmesan Lemon Garlic Broccoli (or Broccolini)?
Pin it to your SIDES or VEGETABLES Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Roasted Parmesan Lemon Garlic Broccoli (or Broccolini)
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. BROCCOLI: trim florets into uniform size. BROCCOLINI: trim the bottom 2 inches off the broccolini stems and cut any thick stems in half so the broccolini stems are roughly the same size.
- BROCCOLI: Line a regular size baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. BROCCOLINI: Line a large jelly roll baking sheet with foil (or use two baking sheets) and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Add broccoli(ni) to pan and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic and toss until evenly coated. Line in a single layer.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes OR until broccoli(ni) reaches desired crisp-tenderness. Remove from oven and toss with lemon zest and additional lemon juice if desired (taste first). Spread back into an even layer and sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil until Parmesan is melted, approximately 2 minutes. Continue to broil if desired for crispier or more charred florets. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original