Sheet Pan Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken with Pineapple and Broccoli is a meal all in one baked in ONE PAN with quite possibly the best Thai Peanut Sauce ever complimented by sweet, slightly caramelized pineapple!
This Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken is my favorite foodie elements all one plate – or more accurately, all on one pan from the marinated crunchy peanut, panko, coconut crusted chicken, to the fresh, sweet and tangy pineapple, to the marinade tossed roasted broccoli, to the creamy coconut infused Thai Peanut Sauce. So many multidimensional layers of flavors. So many multidimensional layers of texture. So many reasons to love this Sheet Pan Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken!
This Peanut Chicken recipe is a marriage of two of my favorites – my Thai Peanut Pineapple Chicken Satay (and reader’s fav!) and my Cashew Coconut Crusted Chicken. I used the incredible lick-the-plate-delish Peanut Sauce from my Satay to create the Sauce and Marinade that’s a harmony of pineapple juice, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter and dashes of lime juice, fish sauce, basil and ginger. After you marinate the chicken, you have done most of the work already because you reserve most of this marinade to thicken and become your Peanut Sauce so you get a dynamic marinade and sauce all in one!
How to Make Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken
To create your peanut coconut crusted chicken, you first process peanuts to the size of panko breadcrumbs. The combination of the peanuts and the panko create a beautiful crunch, then add in the coconut and you have a magical blend of crunchy, nutty savory, sweet and salty.
Lastly, toss your broccoli with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and reserved marinade. Toss your pineapple with olive oil and a little brown sugar to enhance the natural sweetness.
While your Sheet Pan Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken bakes for 15-20 minutes you simmer your reserved Peanut Sauce to thicken and that’s it! Peanut coconut crusted chicken, a nutty multidimensional peanut sauce complimented and enlivened by fresh pineapple. Serve with rice and you have my idea of the perfect bite. I hope you love it too!
Looking for more sheet pan dinners
- Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Cashew Honey Soy Salmon with Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Caprese Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Crispy Parmesan Panko & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
Want to try this Sheet Pan Thai Coconut Peanut Chicken Recipe?
Pin it to your DINNER, CHICKEN, or ASIAN Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Coconut Chicken with Pineapple
Thai Peanut Pineapple Marinade/Sauce
- 3/4 cup salted roated peanuts
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- MARINADE: In a medium bowl, whisk Thai Peanut Pineapple Chicken Marinade/Sauce ingredients together. Add ⅓ cup of this Marinade and 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large freezer bag along with chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator 2-6 hours. Refrigerate remaining Marinade/Sauce separately.
- BROCCOLI: When ready to cook, line a jelly roll pan with foil (If you don't have a jelly roll pan you can use two pans) and lightly grease. Add broccoli to baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ tablespoon Reserved Marinade, ¼ teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Push into a row on the left side of the pan.
- PINEAPPLE: Toss pineapple with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Push into a row on the right side of the pan.
- CHICKEN: Add another piece of foil in between the broccoli and pineapple to cradle your chicken – you want to create a barrier between the chicken and the pineapple so the pineapple juices don’t make the chicken mushy. Spray piece of foil with cooking spray.
- Add peanuts to food processor and processes until the size of panko breadcrumbs. Add peanuts, panko, flour and shredded coconut to a large freezer bag. Set aside.
- Add whisked egg to chicken in marinade and stir to evenly combine. Working with a few chicken tenders at a time, remove from marinade, dab off any excess and add to breading mixture. Toss to coat then press mixture firmly into chicken with your fingers to make sure the coating sticks.
- Line breaded chicken in between the broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with some of the remaining breading mixture. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (registers 165 degrees F). Broil for a couple minutes for extra crispiness. (Note: the panko will remain pale in color).*
- THAI PEANUT SAUCE: Meanwhile, add reserved Thai Peanut Sauce to a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. If sauce becomes too thick, thin with coconut milk. Drizzle baked chicken with sauce or use as a dip. Best served with rice.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: