Quick and easy Grill or Stovetop Asian Sweet Chili Shrimp marinated in a tangy sweet heat sauce that doubles as the glaze for an incredible 10 minute prep (plus marinating), 5 minute cook meal! This marinated shrimp makes an amazing simple Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry or Sweet Chili Shrimp Appetizer or get fancy and turn it into Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos or even Sweet Chili Shrimp Salad! Trust me, with one bite you will be looking to turn this Sweet Chili Shrimp into anything and everything!
So I am a little obsessed with Asian Sweet Chili Sauce – so much so that I’ve even made Sweet Chili Chicken Enchiladas (who does that?! but they are soooooo good). To me the dynamic sauce is the perfect balance of tangy sweet heat derived from red Thai chilies, sugar, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger – a dynamic flavor combo all in one bottle!
I especially love combining sweet chili sauce with honey and lime juice to amp the flavor profile. Add in some soy sauce and we have a delectable combination that makes my mouth cry (that’s for you Dorothy 🙂 ).
And you will be crying tears of joy when you see just how easy this Stovetop or grilled Sweet Chili Shrimp is! and even harder when you taste the juicy, sweet chili infused morsels that taste authentic but with minimal ingredients you can find a your local grocery store.
To make, simply whisk all your Asian Sweet Chili marinade ingredients together and reserve some of the marinade for the glaze. Marinate shrimp 30-60 minutes then pat dry and saute for about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp, add your glaze and simmer to thicken then add your shrimp back to the pan.
THE quintessence of EASY!
And of delicious…
Sweet Chili Shrimp – serve with some rice and veggies and you have a new favorite easy, quick dinner that tastes way better than takeout.
And will make your mouth cry.
LOOKING FOR MORE SHRIMP RECIPES?
- Kung Pao Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus
- Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi
- Mesquite Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Old Bay Shrimp with Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
Want to try this Asian Sweet Chili Shrimp?
PIN IT TO YOUR ASIAN, SEAFOOD OR DINNER BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Asian Sweet Chili Shrimp (grill or stovetop)
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter (stovetop version only)
Asian Sweet Chili Marinade
- Reserved marinade (in directions)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sriracha to taste
- sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the Asian Sweet Chili Marinade Ingredients. Measure out ¼ cup and add this to a large freezer bag along with shrimp (the remaining Marinade will become your Glaze). Marinate 30-60 minutes.
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: Discard Marinade and pat shrimp dry. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook just until opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp to a plate.
- Whisk ¼ cup water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch to the reserved Marinade/Glaze. Add to saucepan and simmer until thickened. Add shrimp and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in sriracha for more heat if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro (optional).
- GRILL DIRECTIONS: Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak skewers for at least 30 minutes in water).
- Grease grill and heat to medium high heat. Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp has become pink and firm being careful to not overcook.
- Whisk ¼ cup water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch to the reserved Marinade/Glaze. Add to saucepan and simmer until thickened (you can do this on your grill). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Sriracha for more heat if desired.
- Generously brush shrimp with Glaze or use as a dip. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro optional).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original