SHEET PAN HONEY MUSTARD PRETZEL CHICKEN & Potatoes bursting with irresistible crunchy chicken, melt-in-your-mouth potatoes and the Honey Mustard Sauce is perfection!
This Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes is practically a meal-in-one that everyone will rave about! The pretzel crusted chicken tenders are first coated in irresistible honey mustard sauce then rolled in crushed pretzels for a crunchy outside, tender inside that is addicting all over.
I love coated chicken tenders from my Best Oven “Fried” Chicken to Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders to Cajun Chicken Tenders. By coating chicken in either panko, breadcrumbs, crackers or pretzels we achieve a delightful crunch without frying our chicken – winning! This also means less guilt when dunking in our creamy Honey Mustard Sauce. And you are going to want to dunk everything in this Honey Mustard Sauce.
Can we agree honey mustard makes everything better? From Baked Honey Mustard Chicken to Cajun Honey Mustard Chicken to Cobb Salad with Honey Mustard Chicken, I’m a HUGE fan. This Honey Mustard Sauce adds a sweet and tangy, luscious factor to this already delicious Pretzel Chicken.
Just like pretzels + mustard belong together and chicken + honey mustard belong together, PRETZEL CHICKEN + Honey Mustard belong together. You could substitute the Honey Mustard for your favorite BBQ sauce but if you like mustard even a little, then I suggest you first try the Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken!
Because this Pretzel Crusted Chicken is salty, crunchy with a sweet and tangy undertone that gets magnified when the tenders dive into the Honey Mustard Sauce. The pretzel coating not only provides a textural dream, it protects the chicken while baking so it stays nice and juicy on the inside.
The other star of this Sheet Pan meal is the potatoes! The tender morsels get tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of Honey Mustard Sauce so they soak up flavor as they bake into melt-in-your-mouth tender forkfuls. Add a salad and you have a quick and easy meal-in-one your whole family will love!
How to make Pretzel Crusted Chicken
This Sheet Pan Pretzel Chicken with Potatoes comes together rather quickly. First, whisk together the Honey Mustard Sauce ingredients that are all pantry staples: mayo, honey, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and hot sauce. You can even make the Honey Mustard Sauce days in advance if you want.
Next, line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray. Add potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon Honey Mustard Sauce. Toss until evenly coated then spread potatoes out evenly. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. By giving our potatoes a headstart in the oven, we ensure everything will be finished baking at the same time. It is important that the potatoes are cut into small 1/2″ cubes so they don’t require longer cooking time. If for whatever reason your potatoes aren’t fork-tender by the time your chicken is done, simply remove the chicken and continue to bake your potatoes.
While the potatoes are baking, we prep our chicken. First, we combine ¼ cup Honey Mustard Sauce with one egg this will become the “glue” that binds the pretzels to the chicken – all while flavoring the chicken a well. Next, rinse and dry your chicken then dredge it in the Honey Mustard Egg Wash with one hand and let the excess drip off and then use your opposite hand to dredge in the Pretzel Coating (pretzels and seasonings), pressing crumbs firmly into chicken so they stick. This simple trick of using one hand for the Egg Wash and one hand for the Dredging will keep your pretzel coating crispier and your hands cleaner!
Stir your potatoes and push them to one side of the pan to make room for your chicken, then add your chicken and bake for 12-18 minutes, depending on the size/thickness of your chicken tenders.
And then dunk your beautifully pretzel crusted chicken into the beautifully creamy Honey Mustard Sauce.
Looking for more sheet pan dinners?
- Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Cashew Honey Soy Salmon with Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Caprese Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Crispy Parmesan Panko & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Coconut Chicken with Pineapple and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
WANT TO TRY THIS HONEY MUSTARD PRETZEL CHICKEN?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, DINNER, or ONE POT WONDERS Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes
- 8 chicken tenders more or less to fit pan lengthwise
- 1 egg
- nonstick cooking spray
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups crushed salted pretzels
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH onion pwdr, garlic pwder, paprika, salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the Honey Mustard Sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove ¼ cup Sauce to a small bowl and whisk in one egg (this becomes your “Honey Mustard Egg Wash”). Set aside.
- To prepared pan, add potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon Honey Mustard Sauce. Toss until evenly coated then spread potatoes out evenly. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Pretzel Coating ingredients in a shallow dish. Pat chicken very dry with paper towels. Dredge chicken in Honey Mustard Egg Wash with one hand, letting excess drip off then dredge in Pretzel Coating with the opposite hand, pressing crumbs firmly into chicken so they stick. Set chicken on oven baking rack to rest if your potatoes aren’t out of the oven yet.
- Once potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes, stir and push potatoes to one side of pan. Add chicken in a vertical row as pictured and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 12-18 more minutes at 400 degrees F – just until chicken is cooked through. If potatoes aren’t done cooking for whatever reason, then remove chicken from pan and continue to cook until potatoes until tender.
- Serve chicken with remaining Honey Mustard Sauce.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
You might also like: