This Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon is sponsored by McCormick. All opinions are my own.
Easy marinated and spice rubbed Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon oven roasted to perfection is incredibly juicy, tender and bursting with flavor all smothered in Cilantro Lime Butter!
Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon is about to become a new easy, delicious, healthy family favorite! You can serve this Fajita Salmon with rice and/or beans in a bowl, tortilla or salad with all your favorite fajita toppings for a complete meal-in-one that’s different every time!
How to MAke Fajita Salmon Recipe Video
This Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime butter is a snap to make, bursting with colorful bell peppers and onions all tossed with olive oil and spices and baked in ONE PAN! Its buttery Tex-Mex juiciness is my latest obsession along with it being a sheet pan meal because even though I loooove to cook, I still have many days when I still want to make a healthy-ish dinner without running to the grocery store, standing in front of the stove and washing a mountain of dishes. Hello Sheet Pan Dinners!
I get giddy over sheet pan meals because it usually means a meal-in-one with no additional sides to prep AND a meal with only one pan and possibly one bowl for prep making clean up a breeze – yes PLEASE! I recently posted my Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus and Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies – both of which are SO EASY, in efforts to build up an arsenal of quick, easy dinners that taste completely gourmet without feeling like a chore to make – and now we can add this Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter to the list!
LOOKING FOR MORE FAJITA RECIPES?
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken Fajita Chicken Bowls
- Fajita Chicken Wraps with Creamy Avocado Dip
How to Make Fajita Salmon
To make this Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter, we first marinate our salmon for 30-60 minutes in a concoction of lime juice, orange juice soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Many Sheet Pan Fish recipes don’t marinate the fish/chicken, but I find this leaves all the flavor on the outside instead of seeping through and through. Plus, while your fish marinates, you can get a jump on chopping and roasting your veggies.
Your onions and bell peppers need about 22-25 minutes in the oven, and our fish, depending on the size, needs closer to 15. So while the salmon marinates, we are going to toss our onions and peppers with 1 tablespoon of the reserved marinade (no double work!), 1 tablespoon McCormick Fajita seasoning and 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast for 5-10 minutes. You will want to roast your veggies closer to 5 minutes if you have thicker salmon because peppers will cook longer with salmon, and closer to 10 minutes for thinner salmon, because peppers won’t cook as long with salmon.
Next, its salmon time! As I’ve said many times, easy CAN equal delicious – a simple recipe should still taste multi-dimensional and flavor bursting, and not boring and bland – it all comes down to seasoning! This Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon relies on McCormick Fajita Seasoning rubbed all over the salmon to deliver its explosive flavor. The McCormick Fajita Seasoning is packed with all your favorite Tex-Mex herbs for a quick, back pocket blend that is earthy, smoky and fiestalicious! I add a touch of McCormick cayenne pepper to my fajita mix for a hint of heat, but that is totally optional to kick it up a notch.
Next, bake your salmon for approximately 15 minutes, depending on the thickness, then broil for about 2 minutes to develop a light char on the veggies and a golden crust on the salmon. When the salmon emerges from the oven, drizzle it with Cilantro Lime Butter which is a simple mixing of melted butter, lime juice, minced cilantro and a dash of salt. The brightness of the lime compliments and enlivens the earthy fajita flavors and the butter – mmmmmm. This sensational flavor combo is so good it inspired it’s own recipe of Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos which you don’t want to miss!
I love my Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon served on bed of Cilantro Lime Rice or Restaurant Style Mexican Rice with some black beans, Homemade Salsa or Salsa Verde, guacamole or avocado crema but they would be equally delicious cocooned in tortillas or made into a salad with some pepitas/sunflower seeds and Tomatillo Avocado Ranch – the possibilities are endless. And so will your cravings be for this Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter – thank goodness its easy and clean up is virtually non existent. Thank you Sheet Pan and thank you McCormick!
LOOKING FOR MORE SHEET PAN DINNERS?
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Cashew Honey Soy Salmon with Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Caprese Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Crispy Parmesan Panko & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Coconut Chicken with Pineapple and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
Want to try this Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter?
Pin it to your FISH, SHEET PAN, MEXICAN or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Cilantro Lime Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- black beans
- Whisk the fajita seasoning with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- MARINADE: In a shallow large bowl or dish, whisk together all of the Marinade ingredients. Remove 1 tablespoons to use later for vegetables. Add salmon and marinate 30-60 minutes at room temperature. Meanwhile you can prep your veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add onions and bell peppers to baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt and drizzle with 1 tablespoons olive and 1 tablespoon reserved marinade. Toss until evenly coated then spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast 5-10 minutes depending on thickness of salmon and how done you like your vegetables (5 minutes if you have thicker salmon because peppers will cook longer with salmon, closer to 10 minutes for thinner salmon, because peppers won’t cook as long with salmon).
- Stir veggies and move to one side of your pan. Add salmon and rub with all remaining Fajita seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 12-16 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork (cooking time may vary depending on thickness of salmon, see note)*
- Broil salmon and veggies for 1-2 minutes or until veggies are slightly charred and salmon is golden. Spoon Cilantro Lime Butter evenly over salmon (directions follow). Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon and veggies in tortillas or on rice or salad with toppings of choice such as black beans, tomatoes, avocados/guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce and additional freshly squeezed lime juice if desired etc.
Cilantro Lime Butter:
- Melt butter in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original