There is Satay Chicken and then there is Pineapple Peanut Satay Chicken! AKA the best Satay Chicken ever!
This Pineapple Peanut Satay Chicken recipe is an explosion of flavor in ever bite created by one sauce that doubles as the marinade (no double work!) This Satay Chicken can be grilled or oven broiled so you can love this explosion of flavor all year round!
You might have noticed I have a thing for peanut sauce – from my Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos to my Thai Sticky Orange Peanut Chicken Skillet to my Thai Peanut Beef and Broccoli. Okay, not just a thing. Thai peanut sauce and all its variations is one of my favorite foods IN-THE-WORLD. I actually have to pace myself from sharing some Thai Peanut recipe variation too often because I could eat it every day. I think its been long enough. Its time for Thai Pineapple Peanut Satay Chicken made with pineapple juice!
I’ve never wanted to be done with pictures quicker in my life just so I could inhale these smothered marinated morsels.
The Satay Chicken is marinated in pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and splashes of lime juice, fish sauce, sriracha, basil, garlic and ginger – mmmmm….can you taste it now?! You reserve most of this marinade to become your sauce/dip that you simmer and stir in peanut butter and then slather all over your chicken and pineapple. You can even thin the sauce and pour it over the chicken, pineapple and rice. So not only is this Satay Chicken recipe ridiculously delicious, its ridiculously easy! One sauce, tons of flavor!
Now lets not forget the pineapple. The pineapple caramelizes as it grills, enhancing its natural sweetness, perfectly complimenting the nutty multidimensional peanut sauce.
So if you love peanut sauce just a fraction of what I do, you are gong to fall in love with this Thai Pineapple Peanut Satay Chicken recipe. And its good to be in love.
Thai Pineapple Peanut Satay Chicken
Thai Peanut Pineapple Marinade/Sauce
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- crushed peanuts
- green onions
- MARINADE: In a medium bowl, whisk Thai Peanut Pineapple Chicken Marinade/Sauce ingredients together. Add ¼ cup of this Marinade and 3 tablespoons olive oil to a large freezer bag along with chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator 1-4 hours.
- TO GRILL: (Soak wooden skewers at least 30 minutes in water before grilling)
- When ready to cook, generously grease grill and heat to medium-high heat. Drain marinade from chicken and thread chicken and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill on one side for about 5 minutes or until slightly charred. Flip and grill the other side until chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
- TO OVEN BROIL: (Soak wooden skewers at least 30 minutes in water before broiling) Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the skewers in a single layer and broil, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- THAI PEANUT SAUCE: Add reserved Thai Peanut Pineapple Sauce to a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Sauce/Dip should be thick but spreadable. If sauce is too thick, whisk in some coconut milk or water to reach desired consistency. If too thin, return to a simmer until thickened. Taste and add Sriracha, lime, brown sugar to taste.
- Brush grilled kebabs with Sauce and use remaining Sauce as a dip OR after brushing with Sauce, whisk in some water to thin Sauce and pour over chicken and pineapple with rice.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, green onions and freshly squeezed lime juice (optional) and salt as needed.*
- Best served with rice.
**Total time does not include marinating chicken. ***DO NOT USE fresh pineapple juice as it contains the enzyme bromelain which will leave your chicken mushy. In CANNED pineapple, however, the bromelain is extracted so the juice will infuse your chicken with flavor without becoming mushy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
Pin it to your THAI, CHICKEN or DINNER BOARD to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!