ONE PAN ROASTED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS TOSSED WITH CHILI FLAKES AND FRESH PARSLEY IS NOT ONLY BURSTING WITH FLAVOR BUT ON YOUR TABLE IN 15 MINUTES! NO JOKE!
This sheet pan Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus is the easiest, most satisfying meal that tastes totally gourmet. Stock up on frozen shrimp and you can make this luxurious tasting meal at moment’s notice. Serve the (customizable heat) spicy garlic shrimp plain or turn it into lemon garlic butter shrimp pasta!
Pin this recipe to save for later
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE VIDEO
I think it’s time for a ONE pan meal, yes?
What about a one pan sheet pan meal in 15 minutes?
What about a One Pan Sheet Pan 15 Minute Meal with juicy, plump shrimp and crisp tender asparagus?
What about One Pan Sheet Pan 15 Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus?
Yes, yes and yes!
One of the simplest yet, yet most satisfying meals has to be shrimp. Its one of those quick and easy walk-in-the-door-last-minute-meals that you can make at any time with frozen shrimp. And one of the simplest yet most satisfying flavor combinations to pair with shrimp has to be the dynamic trio of lemon, garlic and butter. Shrimp looooves a good lemon garlic butter bath. But instead of creating a sautéed lemon garlic shrimp recipe, we are going to roast our Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp!
Have you ever roasted shrimp? It is one of my favorite methods to produce perfectly even cooked shrimp and the hands-off method is foolproof and ridiculously easy. More importantly, the spice infused oil has longer to permeate the shrimp (6-8 minutes) so as they transform into tender, fragrant, succulent morsels, they drink up the flavor and emerge hot, juicy and exploding with deliciousness.
UPDATE: Since posting this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus Recipe, it has been my #1 recipes for over a year and a half! I slightly modified the recipe to make Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi as well – you don’t want to miss it!
How to Thaw Shrimp
- There are two options for thawing your shrimp. To quickly thaw, place the one pound frozen shrimp in a fine-mesh sieve or colander. Place this sieve in a large bowl of cold tap water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, replace the water in the bowl with new cold tap water and re-submerge the shrimp. Let shrimp sit an additional 10- 20 minutes. At this point the shrimp should be completely thawed.
- The easier way to thaw your shrimp if you remember in advance is to remove your one pound frozen shrimp to a covered bowl and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Whatever you do, resist the urge to use warm tap water (and definitely NOT the microwave) as this will cause the shrimp to thaw and cook unevenly.
How to make Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- After your shrimp is defrosted, we are ready to get onto the main event to create a ONE pan meal. Line a jelly roll pan with foil, add your asparagus then toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. The roasting time will depend on the thickness of your asparagus. I use thin asparagus for this recipe and roast for 4 minutes. If you have medium asparagus, then you’ll want to roast closer to 6 minutes.
- Next remove the asparagus, push to one side of the pan and add you raw shrimp. To achieve succulent shrimp perfection, we drizzle our shrimp with olive oil then toss with garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, red chili flakes and fresh parsley, then dollop the shrimp with 2 tablespoons cubed butter and the asparagus with 1 tablespoon butter.
- I’ve seen some roasted lemon garlic butter shrimp recipes that use as much as 1 cup (2 sticks!!!) butter so feel free to use more or less butter, but I think the 3 tablespoons is perfect to create buttery shrimp while still feeling good about eating it. After you roast your shrimp and asparagus for another 6 minutes, you drizzle with fresh, bright lemon juice.
- The melted butter mingles beautifully with the lemon juice to create a light lemon butter sauce that you can drizzle over rice or pasta.
And there you have One Pan Roasted Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus with buttery shrimp, garlic shrimp, lemon shrimp, one pan shrimp. My favorite kind of shrimp.
LOOKING FOR MORE SHEET PAN DINNERS?
- Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Cashew Honey Soy Salmon with Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Caprese Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Crispy Parmesan Panko & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Coconut Chicken with Pineapple and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
Want to try this One Pan Roasted Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus Recipe?
Pin it to your SEAFOOD, ONE PAN, or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Roasted Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus (VIDEO!)
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 ½ pounds medium uncooked peeled shrimp deveined*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a Jelly Roll Pan (10×15) with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Add asparagus and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 minced garlic clove, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Toss until evenly coated then line asparagus in a single layer. Roast for 4-6 minutes depending on thickness.
- Meanwhile, remove tails from shrimp.
- Remove pan from oven and push asparagus to one side of the pan (keep in a single layer). Add shrimp and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 2-3 minced garlic cloves (or more to taste), ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon paprika, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, 1/8-¼ teaspoon red chili flakes and fresh parsley. Toss until evenly coated then line shrimp in a single layer.
- Top asparagus with 1 tablespoon cubed butter, evenly spaced. Top shrimp with 2 tablespoons cubed butter, evenly spaced. Roast for 6 minutes or just until shrimp is opaque.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle with lemon juice. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta, rice, etc.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
You might also like theses shrimp recipes:
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
leave a review