SHEET PAN PARMESAN PESTO CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, BROCCOLI AND CARROTS IS A SATISFYING FLAVOR BURSTING MEAL-IN-ONE AND IS SO RIDICULOUSLY EASY WITH PANTRY INGREDIENTS!!
This practically one pan prep Parmesan Pesto Chicken recipe makes the ideal dinner for those busy nights or anytime you want hassle free yummylicious eats! You can also prep most of the recipe ahead of time for a lightening quick dinner!
How to make Pesto Chicken Recipe
I really wanted to call this One Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken with Potatoes, Broccoli and Carrots, instead of Sheet Pan, because you only use ONE pan and ONE bowl to prep this meal – that’s it! So can we say its one-pan-ish?
Regardless of its name, this Baked Parmesan Pesto Chicken Recipe is uber convenient to make and to clean up. Its for either those busy, hectic nights OR those so tired, just-want-to-finally-sit nights when making dinner sounds exhausting. So, we might as well call it save-the-day-Parmesan Pesto Chicken Recipe. or you can just call it yum.
Looking for more sheet pan dinners
- Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Cashew Honey Soy Salmon with Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Caprese Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Crispy Parmesan Panko & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Coconut Chicken with Pineapple and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
This baked pesto chicken and veggies does require some chopping – so you can either pull up a chair, enlist a child or husband, or have some broccoli, carrots and chicken already chopped and ready to go and then it can be prepped in minutes. You can even chop your potatoes beforehand, just be sure to keep them refrigerated in cold water so they don’t turn brown. But even if you don’t chop beforehand, its less than 20 minutes of mindless work in exchange for full, happy, satisfied, singing-your-praises-bellies.
Now all the convenience of a sheet pan meal doesn’t mean a whole lot if it doesn’t taste good and your family won’t eat it. So let me put your minds at ease – this Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies is not only easy but its SO CRAVILICIOUS!! The wonderfully delectable custom pesto seasoning mix envelops the chicken and veggies and seeps into the bite size morsels as they bake so the sheet pan emerges with flavor infused juicy, tender chicken, roasted broccoli, fork tender carrots and melt in your mouth potatoes all blanketed in Parmesan. I listed ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan in the ingredients, but feel free to go crazy and add more if you would like.
To achieve this dynamite flavor, we first mix our Basil Pesto (I love the one from Costco, always keep it stocked), with some minced garlic, Dijon mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper and my secret ingredient – ranch seasoning mix! It add a little tang of something-something and infuses the chicken and veggies with flavor without tasting like “ranch.”
Next, add 2 tablespoons of this pesto mix to your baking sheet along with your potatoes. Toss to coat and roast for 15 minutes to give them a head start as the potatoes require longer cooking than the rest of the ingredients. Be sure to chop your potatoes into 1/2-1″ cubes, no larger so they will be tender when the rest of the ingredients are done cooking. Meanwhile, I like to use this time to finish chopping the rest of my chicken and veggies. Next, add your chicken, carrots and broccoli to the remaining Pesto Mix and toss to coat. Remove the potatoes from the oven and add your pesto coated chicken, carrots and broccoli to the pan and roast another 15 minutes.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, return to the oven to melt. And that’s it for Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken with Potatoes, Broccoli and Carrots! A wonderfully easy, comforting meal with layers of flavor you will be making again and again.
WANT TO TRY THIS SHEET PAN PARMESAN PESTO CHICKEN?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, DINNER, or ONE POT WONDERS Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken, Broccoli and Carrots
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 cups red potatoes 1/2″ up to 1″ inch cubes (no bigger!)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2” chunks
- 3 cups broccoli medium size florets
- 1 cup THINLY sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together all of the Pesto Mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.*
- Line a Jelly Roll Pan (21×15) with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Add potatoes and 2 tablespoons Pesto Mix. Toss until evenly combined then spread in a single layer. Roast potatoes for 15-20 minutes depending on size.
- In the meantime, chop your chicken and other veggies then add chicken, broccoli and carrots to large bowl with Pesto Mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Remove pan from oven and push potatoes to one side of the pan (keep in a single layer). Add coated chicken, broccoli and carrots and spread in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and evenly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake 5 additional minutes OR until chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are tender. Broil if desired to brown cheese and vegetables.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original