My Pineapple Chicken recipe first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Pineapple Chicken bursting with sweet and tangy tropical flavors with just the right amount of chili kick and only 10 minutes of hands-on prep!
This Pineapple Chicken is wonderfully juicy, and bursting with flavor from a marinade that doubles as a glaze for no double work! It makes a winning stress free entertaining favorite but is easy enough for back to school dinners. This Pineapple Chicken can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop and even turned into a delectable stir fry (as many readers have done and loved) because the sauce is everything!
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE VIDEO
I was scrolling through instagram and couldn’t believe how many “back to school” pics I saw – so cute – but shocking! When I was in school, many moons ago, we always started school the Thursday after Labor Day and it still felt way too soon. So with the hustle and bustle of of back-to-school either in full swing or coming shortly, and the accompanying moans and groans, I bring you an easy grilled Hawaiian chicken with only one dish to wash so you can escape into should-be-summer dreams with every juicy, Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken bite.
How to make Pineapple Chicken
You are going to loooooove how easy this Pineapple Chicken is! The sticky sweet and tangy pineapple chicken is marinated in a delectable pineapple marinade that becomes the tantalizing Brown Sugar Pineapple Glaze that you brush all over your chicken after grilling. The to-live-for marinade/glaze is a harmonious concoction of brown sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, ketchup, soy and Dijon for added depth and some spices. To make:
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl. That is almost all your prep work for a total of maybe 5 minutes AND you only have one bowl to throw in the dishwasher!
- Add 1/3 cup of the Marinade to a large freezer bag and whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Add the chicken and marinate 2-4 hours in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the remaining marinade (will become your Glaze) separately.
- Cook chicken on grill or stove top according to directions.
- Add cornstarch to remaining marinade and simmer for a few minutes to thicken then slather all over your chicken.
This is one of my favorite methods of cooking – to reserve some of the marinade, thicken it with cornstarch and it instantly becomes your glaze – double the flavor WITHOUT double work! You can taste where I’ve done this in my: Sweet Chili Shrimp, Cajun Honey Mustard Chicken, Buffalo Chicken, and Asian BBQ Salmon – all of which would be delectable summer staples!
Tips and Trips for Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- Chicken types. I looove chicken tenderloins in this recipe because as the name implies – they are sooo tender! But of course, you can substitute whatever cut of chicken you prefer from skinless chicken thighs to chicken breasts and adjust cooking time accordingly, just take care your chicken is pounded to an even thickness so it cooks evenly
- CANNED Pineapple Juice. Please use only CANNED pineapple juice! Canned pineapple juice will infuse your chicken with flavor without leaving it mushy if it’s not marinated too long. Fresh pineapple juice still contains enzymes that could break down your chicken and more likely to leave it mushy in a short amount of time.
- No mushy chicken. This marinade contains a lot of acid from both th pineapple juice and lemon juice so don’t marinate your chicken more than 4 hour or your chicken will become mushy.
- Sweeter Chicken. As written, this Pineapple Chicken is no overly sweet. If you would like a sweeter chicken, then I would increase the brown sugar to 1/2 cup.
- Asian Chili Paste. The Asian Chili Paste/sauce is a must in this recipe as it adds a depth of flavor and balance. I use the brand Sambal Oelek with the green jar. It can be found in the Asian section of any grocery store. Please don’t skip it!
What should I serve with Pineapple Chicken?
This Pineapple Chicken recipe is bursting with flavor so you don’t need much to complete your meal. I love serving my Pineapple Chicken with rice to soak up the extra glaze (because otherwise you will be licking it from the pan), some veggies (grilled bell peppers, onions, zucchini), and caramelized juicy pineapple. This Chicken is also AH-mazing on top of a salad or even in tacos.
Now let the tantalizing tropical Pineapple Chicken whisk you away to where school still doesn’t start in August. At least for one meal.
Looking for more Pineapple Recipes?
- Caramelized Grilled Pineapple
- Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice
- Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
- Hawaiians Chicken Kabobs
- Sticky Pineapple Ginger Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Want to try this Pineapple Chicken Recipe?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, GRILL, or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: