SESAME NOODLES loaded with chicken and veggies makes the most delicious complete meal all in one on your table in 30 Minutes!
These Sesame Noodles are super quick and easy with the most flavor bursting, luxuriously, creamy peanut sesame sauce made extra easy in your blender! You will crave these Sesame Noodles for days!
What are sesame noodles?
Sesame noodles have a broad definition but essentially any noodle recipe that contains something “sesame” from sesame oil to sesame paste to sesame seeds can be called Sesame. For my Sesame Noodles recipe, I went with Sesame Noodles smothered in an intoxicating peanut sesame dressing because we all know I have a mad crush on peanut sauces.
From my Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos (old post, terrible pics but SO Good!) to my Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken, to my Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay and Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps in Pineapple Hoisin Peanut Sauce – they are some of my very favorite recipes. I guess for someone who eats peanut butter by the spoonful, it just doesn’t get much better than creamy peanut sauces steeped in Asian flavor for lunch or dinner and even leftovers for breakfast.
But these Sesame Noodles aren’t just peanut noodles and they aren’t just sesame noodles either but the luxurious sauce is infused with both peanut butter and sesame seeds for a savory complimentary duo that is simply the best! But I’m getting ahead of myself, more on the delish sauce later…
How to Make Sesame Noodles
First, the stry fry. I wanted to make theseSesame Noodles a complete meal so I added stir fried chicken, bok choy, shitake mushrooms and red and orange bell peppers but feel free to swap out your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand or simply leave them out – there is no right or wrong with these Peanut Sesame Noodles. Except not inviting them into your life. so so wrong.
How to Make Sesame Sauce
But so so right is this Peanut Sesame Sauce! Many sesame noodle recipes include a splash of sesame oil with peanut butter in order to call it “sesame”, but to make truly great sesame noodles, I’ve created a blender Peanut Sesame Sauce that not only has peanut butter but actual sesame seeds (easier and cheaper than buying Tahini) along with soy sauce, mirin, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, basil, brown sugar, and rice vinegar – so multidimensional in flavor, so cravilicious. So after you quickly stir fry your chicken and veggies, you blend your Peanut Sesame Sauce ingredients together with some water until nice and silky…
Then pour all over your noodles, chicken and veggies…
Stir all together and garnish with cilantro, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds and that’s it for quick and easy Sesame Noodles with a depth of deliciousness your whole family will swoon over in every creamy slurpercilious bite after bite after bite….
I’m still swooning….
Tips and Tricks for Sesame Noodles
- You can substitute the chicken for tofu, steak or pork or leave it out all together,
- You can substitute the noodles for your favorite noodles or use zucchini noodles.
- Customize the veggies with whatever you have on hand. Cleaning out the fridge will never taste so good!
- Prep your veggies ahead of time to make these Sesame Noodles come together super quickly.
- You can also make your sauce in your blender ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
- You can play with the ratio of peanut butter to sesame seeds depending on your desired flavor. If you use more sesame seeds then you will want to supplement with a little oil.
- Use quality oyster sauce! I didn’t think I liked oyster sauce at first because I had an inferior brand. Use Kikkoman or Lee Kum Kee for the best taste and therefore best results. And if you need another excuse to buy oyster sauce try my Broccoli Beef!
- You can substitute the freshly grated ginger with 3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- Garnish! Garnish! Garnish! Add plenty of cilantro, peanuts and Asian Chili Sauce to taste.
- Add a splash of hot water when reheating leftovers.
Want to try this Sesame Noodles Recipe?
Pin it to your ASIAN, PASTA, or 30 MINUTE MEALS Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: