Chicken Tacos seeping with a rainbow of chili lime spices, topped with oozing Jack cheese, sweet and smoky Grilled Pineapple Salsa and drizzled with silky Avocado Crema. Memorial Day worthy. Every day easy.
This Chili Lime Chicken Tacos recipe is an explosion of YUM in every bite and might just become your new favorite chicken taco recipe EVER! You can prep the chicken, salsa and crema ahead of time so your Chili Lime Chicken Tacos can come together in a flash at dinner time!
Chicken Tacos Recipe Video
I made these Chili Lime Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa last week and I was so in love that I sweet talked Ms. Strawberry Soup into letting us take her spot in this weeks line up so you could have them for Memorial Day along with Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Honey Lime Butter, homemade salsa and either Cilantro Lime Rice or Mexican Rice. Because you need them for Memorial Day. Because nothing says “Hello Summer” like firing up the grill on Memorial Day and grilling your new favorite ever Mexican chicken.
How to Make Chicken Tacos
For these Chili Lime Chicken Tacos the chicken is marinated either overnight or just 30 minutes in my easy All Purpose Chili Lime Chicken Rub bursting with fiestalicious spices all brightened by fresh lime juice and lime zest. SO EASY! You can either grill your chicken or cook it on the stovetop:
- If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- f chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
- Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
So tender, so flavorful, so ready to be stuffed in a tortilla and then stuffed into your mouth.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Oh wait. We are getting ahead of ourselves. As much as we all want to start eating these chicken tacos NOW, let me first sing the praises of Grilled Pineapple Salsa. I could have topped these Chicken Tacos with Homemade Salsa, Salsa Verde or Pico de Gallo but their rich smokiness was begging for vibrant, sweet, juicy Grilled Pineapple Salsa, much Tacos Al Pastor.
The Pineapple Salsa is made with grilled sweet and smoky caramelized pineapple, and GRILLED red bell peppers, red onions and jalapeno tossed with lime and cilantro and a hint of cumin and ginger. This pineapple salsa is insanely delicious all on its own and the refreshing companion to our Chili Lime Chicken Tacos. They make each other better even when you didn’t think it was possible.
Finally, the crowning adornment of this Chicken Tacos that brings everything together is the silky Avocado Crema. Both Patrick and I are obsessed with this Crema. Made with sour cream, a little mayo and just the right kick of garlic, cumin, salt and fresh lime juice. It is so creamy that we prefer it hands down – way down – to guacamole. I think you will too. Just try and resist its silky siren calls.
Happy Memorial Day! May God bless all those who have died fighting for our freedoms and all who continue to fight for our freedoms every single day. They allow us to to take much for granted. May we strive to always honor their sacrifice and thank them for it.
If you love everything Tacos, be sure to check out some of my favorite Turkey Tacos, Korean Tacos, Baja Fish Tacos, Blackened Fish Tacos, Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos, Baked Fiesta Ranch Chicken Tacos, Buffalo Chicken Tacos, Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos. Taco Pasta, Taco Spaghetti and on and on…
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Want to try this Chicken Tacos Recipe?
Pin it to your MEXICAN, CHICKEN or DINNER BOARD to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: