Berry Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing bursting with fresh berries and adorned with CANDIED pistachios and feta is so easy, delicious and beautiful for company!
This Berry Salad is summer in a bowl. It’s bright and refreshing, requires hardly any chopping and all the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time for an easy, stress-free potluck salad side. You can customize the Berry Salad with your favorite ingredients or whatever you have in your garden!
BERRY SALAD RECIPE VIDEO
Spinach Berry Salad Recipe
This isn’t just any Berry Salad, this Berry Salad recipe is is loaded with candied pistachios, creamy feta and a silky Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing! Because in my opinion, every salad needs cheese and nuts and the best dressing in order to be extraordinary. And we only aim for extraordinary here at Carlsbad Cravings.
The salted, roasted, candied pistachios and the creamy, salty feta are the crowning jewels in the strawberry feta spinach salad that perfectly balance the the sweet enveloping creamy Poppy Seed Dressing.
If a salad is only as good as its dressing – then this Berry Salad is deeeevine. This Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing is deceptively simple, velvety, smooth, and sweet speckled with poppy seeds and sesame seeds. It starts with a base of strawberry yogurt, which you blend with sour cream and mayo, cider vinegar, sugar, dried onions, poppy seeds and sesame seeds.
Refreshing Berry Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing so you can taste the best of summer in every forkful.
Spinach Berry Salad Ingredients
This strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing is a cinch to make! Here’s what you’ll need to make the salad itself as well as the strawberry spinach salad dressing:
- Spinach: I used baby spinach, but any variety will work.
- Berries: I used a blend of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Red onion: Slice it very thinly so you don’t chomp down on a big piece.
- Apple: You can use any variety of sweet apple you’d like.
- Kiwi: An optional add in, but I love the flavor and texture it adds to this strawberry feta salad.
- Strawberry yogurt: I used regular, full-sugar strawberry yogurt. Use any kind you’d like.
- Mayonnaise: Provides the creamy base of the dressing and binds all of the ingredients together.
- Sour cream: I prefer sour cream in this strawberry poppyseed dressing recipe but Greek yogurt works well because we are making a tangy dressing.
- Milk: You need just a splash to thin out the strawberry poppyseed dressing.
- Sugar: I add a few tablespoons to the dressing to balance out the tangy sour cream and vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar: You need some vinegar to cut through the creamy dressing.
- Poppyseeds: A must in any poppyseed dressing recipe.
- Sesame seeds: Adds extra flavor and texture to the dressing.
- Feta cheese: You can buy feta cheese in a block or pre-crumbled. Either works!
- Caramelized nuts: I use my 5 Minute Caramelized Nuts Recipe for the caramelized pistachios — so — you guessed it – they only take 5 minutes and are so worth it.
How to Make Spinach Berry Salad
- Caramelize the nuts according to recipe instructions (linked below).
- Add all of the strawberry poppyseed dressing ingredients (EXCEPT the poppy seeds and sesame seeds) to your blender; blend until smooth.
- Add poppy seeds and sesame seeds and pulse until combined.
- Assemble the strawberry feta spinach salad and drizzle with dressing!
Tips for Making Spinach Berry Salad
- The caramelized nuts recipe is for 1 cup nuts. You can prepare 1 whole cup (because you will eat them!) or simply halve all the ingredients.
- You can swap out the strawberries for raspberries to make this a winter in season salad too!
- You can prep the dressing days in advance and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to dress your salad.
Salad Variations to Try
- Make it tangier. You can customize the dressing to make it tangier by adding more vinegar.
- Make it sweeter. Add more sugar to the strawberry poppyseed dressing.
- Use different nuts. You can substitute the pistachios for caramelized almonds or walnuts as well.
- Skip caramelizing the nuts. If you are running short on time, you can skip the caramelizing of the nuts altogether and just use plain nuts, but you will also be skipping out on some serious YUM.
Can I Prep Spinach Berry Salad in Advance?
Yes, you can prep individual components of this salad in advance and then assemble it when you’re ready to eat.
- Fruit and veggies. You can slice the onion, apple, and kiwi ahead of time. Store in separate containers until ready to use.
- Dressing. Blend up the strawberry poppyseed dressing and store in the fridge up to 5 days before using it.
- Nuts. You can prep the nuts days in advance so you can have them all ready to go and are never tempted to skip this crowning jewel.
How to Store Spinach Berry Salad
This strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing will last approximately 3 days in the refrigerator IF you don’t add the dressing directly to the salad. If you combine the salad and dressing before storing it in the fridge, it’ll become soggy. If you plan on storing leftovers, hold the dressing, fruit and the veggies and store in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator.
What to Serve with Spinach Berry Salad
This feta strawberry spinach salad recipe pairs well with pretty much any summer main dish. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- POTLUCK MAIN DISHES. Apricot Steak, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Honey Mustard Chicken, Crockpot BBQ Chicken or Oven/Grill Barbecue Chicken, BBQ Ribs and BBQ Beef Brisket.
- SANDWICHES & BURGERS: BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches Philly Cheesecake Sandwiches, French Dip Sandwiches, Italian Beef Sandwiches, BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Best Burgers and BBQ Bacon Burgers.
- PASTA. Avocado Pasta, Caprese Chicken Pasta, Pea and Bacon Pasta, Skinny Chicken Parmesan, and Spinach Pasta.
Looking for more Summer Salad Recipes?
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad wit Italian Dressing
- Strawberry Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Berry Fruit Salad in Honey Mascarpone
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Melon Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Steak Salad
- Crunchy Asian Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
Want to try this Berry Salad Recipe?
Pin it to your SUMMER, SALAD or SIDES Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: