Thank you McCormick® for sponsoring these Teriyaki Chicken Tacos post. All opinions are my own.
Fire up your grill for Teriyaki Chicken Tacos smothered in the BEST easy teriyaki sauce and piled high with sweet and smokey Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa all drizzled with silky Pineapple Lime Crema! Company worthy. Everyday easy.
Move over Chili Lime Chicken Tacos, there’s a new taco in town. Last year for Memorial Day, I shared my Chili Lime Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa – and they have remained my favorite taco recipe since then. I’ve loved the other taco recipes I’ve posted in between but they did not bump the Chili Lime Chicken Tacos from their coveted pedestal. Until now.
These Teriyaki Chicken Tacos are savory, sweet, spicy, tangy and everything in between to become your new favorite tacos. They epitomize this upcoming season’s Grilling Flavor Forecast of East meets Grill that’s going to be firing up everyone’s grill this summer. If you aren’t familiar with the Grilling Flavor Forecast, it identifies the top trends and flavors for the year ahead and this summer is all about discovering and savoring new tropical Asian flavors as well as versatile spice blends with good-for-you ingredients and experiencing spicy with tangy (my forever fav!). You can explore these tastes of tomorrow today at FlavorForecast.com and kick off the deliciousness with these Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa!
Looking for More Teriyaki Recipes?
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Rice
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry,
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon
- Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Pineapple Ginger Dressing
- Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Sandwich
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
The symphony of textures starts with a bed of rice layered with Monterey Jack Cheese and then topped with the show stopping teriyaki chicken. Now teriyaki chicken (and subsequently teriyaki chicken tacos), are only as good as the teriyaki marinade/sauce – so the teriyaki sauce better be jaw dropping delicious. To create such encore worthy flavor, I used McCormick® Grill Mates® 7 Spice Teriyaki Single Use Marinade – my jaw is still on the floor.
If you have followed Carlsbad Cravings for any time at all, you know I LOVE spices AKA bold flavors. So to be honest, before I tasted Grill Mates® Teriyaki Sauce, I was strongly tempted to doctor it up a bit but I decided I would try it at least once exactly as is. I should have known, after all, it is McCormick,the king of spices – the marinade was perfect! The chicken was tender, juicy and packed with multi-dimensional flavors – my kind of obsessive worthy chicken!
And obsessive worthy easy. Simply reserve ¼ cup of the teriyaki sauce to toss the chicken in after grilling (stovetop directions also included) and marinate the chicken in the remaining sauce for 30 minutes up to overnight. That’s it! Easy and delicious and just in time for warm weather, stress free grilling!
To pair with this show stopping teriyaki chicken, I wanted something bright and fresh with a nice crunch that would add a sweet, tangy and slightly spicy punch, so I paired it with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa. HEAVEN. I already drooled over the salsa HERE, so I won’t wax too effusive, but let me just say this salsa with its caramelized pineapple and onions, sweet and slightly crunchy pears that add a nice Asian flair, smoky red bell peppers and jalapeno with hints of lime, cilantro, cumin and ginger can stand alone in its deliciousness but makes these Teriyaki Chicken Tacos that much better. As in top spot pedestal better.
Lastly, these tacos are drizzled with super creamy Pineapple Lime Crema which is a simple mixing of pineapple yogurt, lime juice and a touch of mayonnaise – so creamy, sweet, tangy and just so perfect for Teriyaki Chicken Tacos.
If you love everything Tacos, be sure to check out some of my Baja Fish Tacos, Blackened Fish Tacos, Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos, Baked Fiesta Ranch Chicken Tacos, Buffalo Chicken Tacos, Thai Chicken Tacos, Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos and on and on…
Want to try these Teriyaki Chicken Tacos?
PIN THEM TO YOUR CHICKEN, OR MAIN DISH/ENTREE BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
- 1 McCormick® Grill Mates® 7 Spice Teriyaki Single Use Marinade
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 flour tortillas taco-sized
- 2 cups shredded Montery Jack Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1 Recipe Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
Pineapple Lime Crema
- 5.3 oz pineapple yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice (or more to taste)
- Chicken Marinade: Reserve ¼ cup Teriyaki Marinade for after grilling. Pound chicken to an even thickness and poke several times on each side with a fork. Add chicken to a large freezer bag or shallow dish and add remaining Teriyaki Marinade; toss to evenly coat chicken. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa: Meanwhile prepare Salsa according to directions. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pineapple Lime Crema: Meanwhile, whisk all of the Pineapple Lime Crema ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chicken Grilling Directions: If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting). Meanwhile, grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 6-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 155 degrees F.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Chicken Stovetop Directions: If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble: Toss chicken strips in reserved ¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce until evenly coated. Divide rice evenly among tortillas followed by cheese. Melt cheese on rice in the microwave or stovetop then top with Teriyaki Chicken followed by Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa. Drizzle with Pineapple Lime Crema.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original