BEEF TACOS get a tantalizing Thai spin for a satisfying flavor bomb on your table in 20 minutes!
These Beef Tacos will satisfy your taco cravings AND your Asian cravings in one easy recipe. The rich, robust beef filling is infused with red curry, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce then topped with any of your favs from pineapple, to mangos, to carrots, to snow peas for a satisfying rich and fresh crunch. Top your Beef Tacos off with easy 3 ingredient Coconut Crema and dinner was never better – or easier! This beef taco dinner can be on your table in 20 minutes but the encore of flavors and textures tastes truly gourmet.
Beef Taco Recipe
If you have been following Carlsbad Cravings for a little while, it is no secret that Asian and Mexican foods are my FAV. But Asian and Mexican together – mind blowing! I recently made Asian Sweet Chili Chicken Enchiladas and and I cannot even begin to describe how good they are, but you know I will try (coming soon). Update: Since this recipe, I have also made Korean Beef Tacos and Asian Pulled Pork Tacos – both must make recipes!
My only hesitation with such recipes is that because they are a little out of the box, that people won’t try them and realize how good they really are. But I hope you trust me on these, they are Ah-mazing! And did I mention the are ready in 20 minutes?! They join the cast of my other easy, ground beef recipes: Weeknight Bolognese, Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos, 15 Minute Beefy Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese, Jalapeno Popper Beef Taquitos, Hawaiian Sloppy Joes, Korean Beef Noodle Bowlls as the answer to all you last minute, “what should I make for dinner?” woes.
How to Make Beef Tacos
Although these beef tacos might look and sound gourmet, they are super quick and easy to make.
- First, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Brown beef and onions until beef is no longer pink. Add red curry paste, ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining kidney beans, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and dried basil.
- Cover and turn heat to low and allow the flavors to meld, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Coconut Crema by whisking coconut yogurt, mayonnaise and honey together. You can also take this time to prepare any desired toppings.
- Pile your beef taco filling into soft tortillas and top with desired toppings.
What Toppings are Best for Beef Tacos?
The beef taco filling is so irresistible you will be eating it with a spoon. Not want to eat with a spoon – will eat with a spoon – because its irresistibly delish! It gets even better (if you can imagine!) when it’s dressed up with different flavors and textures of toppings. Some topping ideas include:
- Pepper Jack cheese
- shredded cabbage
- matchstick carrots
- broccoli slaw
- julienned red bell peppers
You can mix and match whatever toppings your heart desires but I highly suggest either pineapple or mangos for their natural citrus sweetness that perfectly compliments the rich, hearty red curry beef taco filling (a must in my book!). If you are intimidated by cutting mangos – do’t be, just check out my How to Cut A Mango Post that teaches everything you could ever want to know about mangos.
Best Crema for Beef Tacos
We are all used to topping our traditional Mexican Beef Tacos with either red salsa, salsa verde, sour cream, or guacamole, because all tacos need the “glue” which marries all the flavors. For these Beef Tacos, I created Coconut Crema!
Yes, Coconut Crema. You are going to want to put it on everything! Its a simple mixture of coconut yogurt, mayonnaise and honey. Creamy, sweet, coconut in every bite – LOVE!
If you can’t find coconut yogurt, then try some plain yogurt with a little coconut extract.
Can I Prep Beef Tacos Ahead of Time?
- You can make the beef taco filling ahead of time, either as written, or in bulk, and refrigerate or freeze it.
- You can chop and prep all your desired toppings ahead of time and store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- You can even whisk up your 1 minute Coconut Crema in advance if you prefer.
So many options. I’m just daydreaming of how I can have these Red Curry Beef Tacos at my fingertips – all the time.
Beef Tacos. On your table in 20 minutes with on encore of Thai flavors that will last a lifetime.
And everyone is going to fall in love with it!
Looking for more Taco Recipes?
- Chili Lime Chicken Tacos
- Tacos Al Pastor
- Blackened Fish Tacos
- Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Baked Fiesta Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: