Quick, easy, comforting, inexpensive Beef, Bean and cheese Burritos stuffed with the BEST FILLING you will be eating with a spoon is the answer to your weekday dinner woes!
I thought these Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos would be fitting for Cinco de Mayo, but sometimes you just need a Beef, Bean and Cheese Burrito every other day of Mayo – and all year round. Or in my case, burritOS. For all those busy nights, lazy nights, don’t want to cook nights, “what should I make for dinner?” nights, need something NOW nights, need something everyone will LOVE nights – Thank you Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos.
The filling is hearty and packed with flavor from browning your beef with sauted onions and garlic and seasoning with a symphony of fiestalicious spices…
And then stirring in refried beans, salsa (you will looooove my Homemade Salsa) and sour cream for extra creaminess AKA deliciousness. The burrito filling is pure savory comfort food at its most addicting. Even if not the most beautiful…
The burritos themselves are completely customizable with everyone’s favorite filling extras and/or toppings like pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, salsa verde, lettuce, etc. so everyone’s palates and bellies will be singing your praises.
And you will be strongly tempted to make Beef Bean and Cheese Burritos every night. Or at least every other night along with my sensational Mexican Rice.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! and excuse my large, very excited hand 🙂
Looking for more Mexican recipes?
- Smothered Baked Chicken Burritos
- Carne Asada Burritos
- Best Carne Asada
- One Pot Cilantro Lie Rice and Black Beans
- Southwest Pepper Jack Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa Dressing
- Lighter Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Want to try these Best Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos?
Pin it to your MEXICAN, DINNER or BEEF Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
Tools Used in This Recipe
Best Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas (we prefer raw tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese , more or less to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa (medium for more of a kick)
- hot sauce to taste
Customizable Filling/Topping Ingredients
- sour cream
- Add onions and beef to a large skillet and cooked over medium heat until onions are softened and meat is cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat (if there is any).
- Stir in all of the spices/seasonings, followed by refried beans until well incorporated, followed by sour cream and salsa. Heat through.
- If using raw tortillas, cook according to package directions. If using cooked tortillas, stack them together on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds or until warmed through.
- Line the middle of each tortilla with desired amount of cheese. Top with Bean and Beef filling and any additional desired filling ingredients.* Fold in the edges of each tortilla and roll up “burrito style.” Serve with additional sour cream, guacamole, etc. (optional).
- Optional to “crisp” burritos: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add burritos, 3 at a time, seam side down, and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original