Chicken Fajita Pasta is smothered in cheesy, creamy salsa infused sauce bursting with your favorite fajita spiced chicken, onions and peppers AND it all cooks in one pot!
Add this One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta to your EASY DINNER rotation because the pasta cooks right IN the sauce for simple prep, minimal cleanup, and extra flavor. Pull out a chair because this one pot dinner is about to become a regular at your kitchen table!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE FOR LATER
Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe Video
About Chicken Fajita Pasta
Cheesy pasta is my ultimate comfort food. But wait, Mexican is my ultimate comfort food. Let’s just mash them together and create THE ultimate comfort foods like Taco Pasta, Taco Spaghetti and now this Chicken Fajita Pasta! You will want to stuff your face with this chicken fajita pasta because its wonderfully creamy, SO flavorful!
I did a test run of this Chicken Fajita Pasta a couple Sundays ago when we invited a friend over for dinner whose wife was out of town. So there sat just three of us and one pot of pasta. We almost ate the entire pot to a chorus of “wow,” “this is amazing,” “this is seriously so good,” “I can’t wait to tell my wife about this,” “did I say how good this is?”
Thank goodness this One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta is lightened up.
What Ingredients do you need for Chicken Fajita Pasta?
This Chicken Fajita Pasta is extra crave-worthy because the pasta cooks right in the sauce consisting of milk, enchilada sauce and medium salsa, along with chicken, bell peppers, onions, garlic and seasonings.
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pasta
This Chicken Fajita Pasta comes together SUPER quickly. Prepping your chicken/veggies will take the longest, so if you prep those beforehand, then this dinner comes together in a flash.
- First, saute chicken and onions then add our bell peppers, garlic and homemade fajita seasonings.
- Next, stir in black beans, salsa, enchilada sauce, milk and pasta.
- Bring to a simmer until the pasta is al dente.
- Next, add cheese followed by sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, avocado, cilantro etc. and dig in to all that feisty fiesta deliciousness!
Tip and Tricks to Make Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Pasta: You can substitute the cellentani pasta for other medium pasta such as rigatoni.
- Chicken: Chicken is easier to thinly slice if partially frozen. It will thaw quickly once sliced.
- Bell peppers: You can use an color combo of peppers.
- Veggies: You can add other vegetables if you would like such as zucchini, corn, etc.
- Salsa: Use less salsa to make this extra kid friendly or if you are sensitive to heat. Add more to taste at the end of cooking if desired.
- Cheese: You can substitute the Mexican cheese blend with cheddar cheese or half cheddar and half Monterrey Jack.
- Garnishes. Just like fajitas are loaded with toppings, this Chicken Fajita Pasta is even better loaded with toppings! Top your Chicken Fajita Pasta with tomatoes, avocadoes, cilantro and sour cream.
Looking for More Fajita Recipes?
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Salsa Verde Honey Lime Pork Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- One Pot Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken Fajita Chicken Bowls
- Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Fajita Chicken Wraps with Creamy Avocado Dip
Want to try this One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta?
Pin it to your ONE POT, DINNER, CHICKEN, PASTA, MEXICAN Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
ONE POT Chicken Fajita Pasta
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 4 cups cellentani pasta (may sub rigatoni or penne etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts sliced thinly (1/4”) then cut into 2-3” pieces
- 3 bell peppers (any color combo) thinly sliced, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced then cut in half
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp EACH chili powder, ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4-1/2 cup medium salsa (I like Mateo's)
- 1 10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream (I use light)
- sour cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot. Add chicken and onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, garlic, and all seasonings/spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, salsa, enchilada sauce, milk and pasta. Bring pasta to a boil and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, just until pasta is al dente, being careful not to overcook.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese until melted followed by sour cream. Taste and season with salt/pepper and hot sauce/salsa to taste.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, avocado, cilantro etc. if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
leave a review