Easy One Pot Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple Rice dripping with flavor and cooked all in the same skillet!
Teriyaki Chicken + pineapple + rice = a match made in heaven. The marinade doubles as the Glaze (no double work) for incredibly juicy chicken with flavor through and through – not just on the surface. The Teriyaki Glaze seeps into the rice for slightly tangy, sweet, teriyaki pineapple rice that perfectly compliments your chicken. It doesn’t get any better.
My husband thinks doing the dishes is the plague. I don’t like them but I don’t hate them, and I’m a little OCD about germs (with good reason because I’m immuno-suppressed), so I do all the dishes in my house which often looks like THIS. It comes with the job, but still, I wouldn’t trade a second of creating, cooking and eating for no dishes. So worth it.
But when I can create and devour amazing food with only ONE pot to wash, I am giddy, especially when that food is One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Rice! Teriyaki Chicken has to be one of the most beloved Asian foods of all time. Its savory, slightly sweet, and just so satisfying. And even more satisfying when its made all in one pot. my happy place.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken
- To make this irresistibly delicious chicken, whisk together your Teriyaki Sauce ingredients of soy sauce, sugar, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, Sriracha and cornstarch and remove some to a freezer bag with your chicken to marinate one hour up to overnight – the longer, the better. The marinade alone makes this chicken super tender and flavorful and allows you to use chicken breasts (although you are welcome to use skinless chicken thighs) without loosing juiciness.
- The remaining Teriyaki Sauce creates a luscious glaze by simmering it in your pot for a couple minute. You then remove the glaze, brown your moist chicken and then its time for pineapple rice!
- Your rice is simmered in a can of crushed pineapple with its juice and water so the rice drinks up the slightly tangy, sweet, pineapple essence, perfectly complimenting the soy based teriyaki chicken which you nestle in your rice to finish cooking, periodically basting with your glaze, so the sticky, flavorful teriyaki glaze seeps further into the drool-worthy chicken and glides down to permeate the rice to create teriyaki pineapple rice. mind. blown.
Looking for More Teriyaki Recipes?
- Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pear Salsa
- Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Pineapple Ginger Dressing
- Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Sandwich
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
WANT TO TRY THIS TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR ASIAN, CHICKEN, DINNER or ONE POT BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: