Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are golden, crispy, buttery, herby, cheesy and completely crave worthy – the ideal easy side dish or appetizer for any occasion!
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes went viral on TikTok for a reason – they are 100% crave worthy and so easy to make! Baby potato halves are coated in seasonings, pressed into a bed of freshly grated Parmesan, then baked until golden and crispy on the outside, and buttery tender on the inside. They get dunked in a crescendo of guilt free Creamy Herb Yogurt Dip you’ll want to eat with a spoon! Best of all, these oven roasted crispy Parmesan potatoes are prepped in less than 15 minutes with pantry friendly ingredients! Serve them as a fun appetizer or as a side dish to nearly any meal from grilled chicken, oven fried chicken, steak, sandwiches, burgers, and more!
Potatoes are one of life’s culinary delights and one of my absolute favorite foods. From these Parmesan Crusted Potatoes to Cajun Potatoes, Hasselback Potatoes, Twice Baked Potatoes, Melting Potatoes, Au Gratin Potatoes, Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Pesto Potatoes, they prove time and again that potatoes + oven roasting = caramelized magic.
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Potatoes Video
INGREDIENTS in Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
This roasted potato recipe transforms everyday pantry friendly ingredients into 5 star restaurant worthy! Here’s what you’ll need to make epic Parmesan Crusted Potatoes (full measurements in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
FOR THE potatoes:
For the Creamy herb dip:
HOW TO MAKE Roasted Parmesan crusted Potatoes
This roasted Parmesan potato recipe doesn’t take any longer to make than traditional roasted potatoes but tastes spectacular! Here’s how to make Parmesan Crusted Potatoes with step-by-step photos or you can watch the How to Make Video in the recipe card at the bottom of the post:
WHAT to serve with Parmesan roasted baby potatoes
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are a quick and easy side dish! Pair the potatoes with your favorite holiday entrees or enjoy alongside something as simple as baked chicken breasts or your favorite grilled protein. Here are some serving ideas:
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Potato Spice Mixture
- Note: Watch video below to see exactly how it's made!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle 3 tablespoons olive oil in a 9×13" glass baking dish. Tilt the pan to evenly spread the oil all over the bottom of the dish; set aside.
- Coat potatoes: In a large bowl, whisk together the Potato Spice Mixture ingredients EXCEPT the potatoes, then add the potatoes and stir until evenly coated; set aside.
- Assemble: Whisk together 1.75 ounces Parmesan and ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs in a bowl. Carefully and evenly scatter the mixture over the olive oil in the pan (don’t touch after it’s in the pan or it will clump and not stick to the potatoes). Add the potatoes, cut side down, pressing each one firmly into the mixture.
- Bake: Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until they are fork tender and the Parmesan is golden and crispy (to check, carefully look through the bottom of the glass pan). Meanwhile:
- Creamy Herb Dip: Whisk all of the dip ingredients together in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve: Let the potatoes rest for 5 minutes. Using a metal spatula or knife, cut the Parmesan crust in between desired number of potatoes. Serve them cheese side up on a serving platter with Creamy Herb Dip.
- Gluten free: Use gluten free panko. My favorite is Aleia’s Gluten-Free Panko made of rice and potato flour – it’s spectacularly crunchy!
- Dry the potatoes thoroughly after washing: Any moisture will make the potatoes steam instead of caramelize. The drier the potatoes, the crispier the skin and the better the Parmesan will stick!
- Alternate pan: You can use a different pan other than glass, but I find the Parmesan releases the easiest from glass. Additionally, you can look through the bottom of the pan to see how golden the Parmesan is, and bake on if desired.
- Use fresh Parmesan. Freshly grated Parmesan (grated on a microplaner/zester) is a must for this recipe. Store bought Parmesan will not work because it’s coated in anti-clumping chemicals.
- If you don’t have all of the herbs for the sauce: just use what you do have. You can substitute the fresh herbs for dried, noting that dried herbs are more potent. Use ⅓ the amount of dried herbs as you would fresh.
- Make the dip in advance. The dip is delicious just after it’s been whisked together, but it’s EVEN BETTER after it’s had time to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Bake, Parmesan side up, at 225 degrees F for 5-8 minutes, just until warm and crisp, or warm in the microwave at 30-second intervals, but they’ll lose all crispiness.
Meal PrepParmesan Crusted Potatoes are a great side dish to prep ahead. You can either prep the ingredients ahead of time, or prep the recipe up to the point of baking. Here’s how:
- Potatoes: The potatoes can be sliced in half up to 24 hours ahead of time and submerged in cold water in the refrigerator. The potatoes need to be submerged otherwise they’ll oxidize and start to brown. Once it’s time to roast the potatoes, drain, rinse and pat very dry. Soaking and rinsing the potatoes will actually give you even crispier roasted potatoes!
- Prep ingredients: The Parmesan can be grated and the potato seasoning mixture whisked together ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Assemble: Go one step further and follow the recipe up to baking, pressing the potatoes into the Parmesan/panko mixture. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let come to room temperature before baking.
- Creamy Herb Dip: This tastes even better if made ahead! Whisk together and store in the refrigerator up to 2 days ahead of time.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!