Chipotle Salad Dressing will transform any salad, wrap, sandwich, raw or roasted veggies, etc. into the tastiest bite of your dreams! Its creamy, smoky, zesty heat can be blended together in minutes with ZERO chopping and stores for up to one week. This Chipotle Ranch is easy to customize by making more or less spicy, more or less tangy, with store-bought ranch packet or DIY seasonings, and can even be made vegan!
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Chipotle Ranch Recipe
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro
- 3-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from above can
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix (1 oz. packet) – see DIY in notes
- 1/2 tsp EACH smoked paprika, ground cumin
- 1/4 cup milk, plus more as needed
- Blend: Add the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping sides down as needed. Start with less chipotle peppers, blend, then add another 1/2-1 pepper and blend again if it's not spicy enough.
- Adjust to taste: add additional lime, salt, etc. For thinner, add milk or water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Chill before serving. The dressing will thicken in the refrigerator so you may need to whisk in some milk before serving.
DIY ranch seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Spice LevelThis Chipotle Dressing is meant to have a kick, but it’s easy to adjust to taste. Just like jalapeños, chipotle peppers in adobo will vary in spiciness, so you may need to adjust the amount you use each time. Here’s the general breakdown:
- Mild-medium: three chipotle peppers
- Medium-spicy: four chipotle peppers
- Spicy: five or more chipotle peppers
StorageStore in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. The dressing will thicken upon standing, so stir in a little milk or water to reach desired consistency.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!