This Crunchy Asian Salad is a dynamically addicting combination of crisp, vibrant veggies with crunchy toasted peanuts and ramen all doused in creamy, irresistible Sriracha Peanut Dressing!
This Asian Salad Recipe is s so crazy good I was eating it for breakfast the next day AKA it’s destined to become one of your favorite Asian salads of all time. And bonus, it is a FABULOUS make ahead salad without anything to prep last minute and stores beautifully!
I first posted a very modified version of this Crunchy Asian Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing back in July 2014, my first year of blogging. From the sound of it, I could have written that post today:
“Thank you all so much for your best wishes for a speedy recovery from my pneumonia. I was able to come home from the hospital on home IVs, and I’m not sure who was more excited about it, me or Kiwi? (cue video of Kiwi welcoming me home)
As excited as Kiwi was that I was home, that’s almost as excited as I get to share new recipes with you! (I only say almost because I would be lying if I said I jumped up and down repeatedly for 10 minutes straight like Kiwi 🙂 )”
I’m just as grateful today as I was then for your encouragement and support and I’m just as excited to share this beautified Crunchy Asian Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing with you especially because this was the first salad I created that I fell in love with.
I used to not be much of a salad person – too much “chopping” for my taste and not enough satisfying flavor. But with one taste of this Crunchy Asian Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing in 2014 – I was converted.
I discovered the secret to a successful, dynamite salad is not only a killer, flavor loaded dressing but plenty of crunch – and this Asian Chinese Salad is packed with it! Napa cabbage, Romaine lettuce, snow peas, green onions, carrots, cilantro and bell peppers all topped with roasted peanuts and toasted Ramen – a texture lover’s dream.
This Crunchy Asian Salad becomes even dreamier with a drizzling – or bathing if you prefer – of the dazzling hero of this salad – the mega creamy, Sriracha Peanut Dressing. This dressing has a base of olive oil, and peanut butter thinned with water and layered with rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, lime and sriracha. Its nutty, savory, salty, tangy with a punch (of customizable) heat. I use the full one tablespoon sriracha for my dressing but if you don’t love heat or aren’t sure how much to use, simply start with 1 teaspoon and add more to taste.
Crunchy Asian Salad – a texture lover, flavor lover’s dream that might just have you jumping up and down in flavorful bliss…maybe just not for 10 straight minutes.
LOOKING FOR MORE Side SALAD RECIPES?
- Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Broccoli Salad
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Perfect Fruit Salad with Honey Citrus Dressing
- Asian Pineapple Salad with Peanut Coconut Dressing
WANT TO TRY THIS ASIAN SALAD recipe?
Pin it to your SALAD, ASAIN or LUNCH Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Asian Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 heaping cup snow peas, ends trimmed and julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 package Top Ramen noodles, roughly broken
- chopped Rotisserie chicken
- chopped pineapple
- chopped mango
Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (to toast peanuts and Ramen noodles).
- Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and sriracha as desired. Chill in the refrigerator. (Best if chilled at least 30 minutes)
- Add broken Ramen noodles to half of a large baking sheet in a single layer and the peanuts to the other half. Bake at 425 degrees F for approximately 4-8 minutes, or until golden in some places, stir and bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until Ramen is mostly golden (it won’t be even, so don’t worry about it) .
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Top with peanuts and Ramen noodles.
- Drizzle individual servings with dressing and additional lime juice if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original