Creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice with the option of mangoes and black beans is the most addictingly delicious Mexican side that makes every meal better or just add some chicken for a complete dinner!
Just when I thought I couldn’t love Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe any more, it became creamilicious. avocadolicious. can’t stop eatilicious.
Whenever I make Mexican food, AKA one of my most favorite food groups, I somehow always end up combining rice, avocados and black beans in one form or another. The texture of the rice, the heartiness of the beans, the creaminess of the avocados spiked with cilantro and lime is a mouthful I just can’t seem to get enough of. So in order to create the perfect bite, I combined these palate pleasing ingredients into one heavenly skillet of Creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice.
To whip up this easy side, simply make your rice on the stove or in your slow cooker along with optional black beans if you like (and I do like). While your rice cooks, add your avocado, sour cream, milk, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, lime juice and a splash of seasonings to your blender to create your Creamy Avocado Blender Sauce.
Stir this velvety sauce into your cooked rice and you have the most unbelievably creamy rice that is savory, sweet and salty with a touch of tang all in one forkful.
This Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice is also very versatile – add some tomatoes and/or corn to simmer with your rice, stir in some cheese when its all done, or toss in some Chipotle Chicken or Chili Lime Chicken to create a complete meal. Wrap it all up in a taco, burrito or use as the base of taco salad. Any way you devour this Creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice, you won’t want to stop.
And for those who live for mangoes like myself, the refreshing sweet mangoes compliment the creamy avocado lime perfectly.
creamilicious. avocadolicious. can’t stop eatilicious.
WANT TO TRY THIS AVOCADO RICE?
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD OR SIDE BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
Tools Used in This Recipe
LOOKING FOR MORE RICE RECIPES?
- Mexican Style Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Coconut Rice
- Rice PIlaf
- Coconut Ginger Rice with Black Beans
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice
- Greek Lemon Rice
- Parmesan Risotto
- Coconut Rice with Pineapple and Cashews
Creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 1/2 cups long grained rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth (may sub vegetable broth)
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 2-3 mangoes, peeled and chopped (optional)
Creamy Blender Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2-1 jalapeno seeded, deveined and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- 1/4 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice plus more to taste
- Add rice, beans (optional) and chicken broth to a large nonstick skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting), cover, and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Creamy Blender Avocado Sauce ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Stir into cooked rice until well combined, adding milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Season with additional salt, pepper and lime juice to taste. Garnish with mangoes (optional).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
leave a review