My Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Cajun Chicken Pasta (Lightened up) will have you saying goodbye to restaurant versions and hello to this Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe at a fraction of the cost and calories!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is unlike any other Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. It is kicked up a level with the most amazing creamy, flavor bursting Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce and juicy, spice rubbed melt in your mouth chicken! It’s full of fresh, colorful veggies, and you can customize the heat of the pasta by adding more or less cayenne pepper. This is one pasta that is sure to be a new family favorite!
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe Video
Cajun Chicken Pasta
When I stare at a restaurant menu, its the creamy, comforting pastas that always seem to jump off the page – they start waving, then screaming my name. I have tried to create several of these dishes at home from my Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta to my Million Dollar Baked Penne to my Spaghetti Bolognese, , Shrimp Fettuccineand Chicken Parmesan.
Still, this spicy comfortlicious Cajun Chicken Pasta is what usually wins my order. The tender, flavorful chicken and crisp tender vegetables in a creamy sauce – they just get me. So in attempts to satisfy my cravings, I whipped up this better-than-any-restaurant Cajun Chicken Pasta in the most intoxicating delicious sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce ever (adapted from my favorite Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo and Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta – and now I can’t stop craving this pasta!
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
So fortunately this crazy delicious version is much lighter than your traditional Cajun Chicken Pastas – and you would never even know it! The velvety, flavor bursting sun-dried tomato sauce contains no butter or heavy cream but instead is made with only 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil then creamified with light cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Its silky creaminess will leave you speechless as you shove the heavenly smothered noodles into your mouth all peppered with thinly sliced Cajun chicken and bell peppers.
- To make we first smother our chicken in Cajun seasoning combined with olive oil. You can let your chicken sit while you prepare your vegetables OR refrigerate up to overnight.
- Next, cook your chicken until nicely browned on each side then remove from the pan.
- Add bell peppers, onion and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning to the pan without cleaning it out so you can scrape up any yummy golden chicken bits. Saute just for 1 minute so the peppers remain crisp-tender.
- Next, we’re going to make our luscious sun-dried tomato sauce by sauteing sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in our skillet.
- Next we add flour to create a roux. The roux thickens the sauce but to make it even thicker without making it “flour-y”, we whisk cornstarch with milk and add to pan. This is a fabulous trick that I use in almost every pasta and is a great replacement for heavy cream.
- Finally we add tomato paste, Cajun seasoning, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese for a multi-dimensional flavorful sauce.
- Add chicken, peppers, pasta, toss to coat and EAT!
How Spicy is Cajun Chicken Pasta?
As far as the heat level goes, I’ve added the option to add cayenne pepper to your chicken and an additional 1 teaspoon Cajun spice to your chicken to give it a touch more heat but even with this heat, I would consider it family friendly. I would only omit the cayenne pepper if you have little ones but if you aren’t sure, you can always leave it out and add a very light dusting of cayenne pepper to your pasta for more heat. But everyone should top their Cajun Chicken Pasta with a bright, fresh lime juice – heaven I tell you!
No excuse me while I go satisfy my Cajun Chicken Pasta cravings and dive mouth first into this pasta.
I highly recommend you do the same.
Want to try this Cajun Chicken Pasta?
Pin it to your Pasta, Chicken or Dinner Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like these dinner ideas: