This Taco Pasta is OH MY YUM delicious and destined to become a family favorite!
I am addicted to this Cheesy Taco Pasta Bake! It is loaded with tender beef, beans, pasta, etc. smothered in an incredible creamy enchilada-esque sauce that your whole family will LOVE! It is reminiscent of hamburger helper with its juicy, cheesy beefiness but 1000X better! And its super easy!
Taco Pasta Recipe
I love tacos from my Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos to Korean Tacos to Tacos Al Pastor to my Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad but when you take all that taco goodness and turn into a cheesy taco pasta bake, you get something otherworldly deliciousl. This Taco Pasta should come with a warning:
CAUTION: If you eat one bite you will not be able to control your desires to eat more and more and more and so you will eat more and more and more and ooh and aah at its creamy, cheesy, TexMex glory every bite of the way until the whole pan of pasta disappears and you have no idea how it happened. But you want it to happen again.
Or something like that. But in all seriousness, this Taco Pasta is seriously addicting. It is Patrick’s and my ultimate go-to comfort food, even before my One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese and Taco Spaghetti – comfort food without butter or cream I might add – just ooey, gooey melty cheese – mmmm! It also gets an extra creamy kick from my secret ingredient, Creamed Corn, which I like to use to thicken pastas (like my Ligher Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese – drool…), its magic. And so is this pasta! You will be giddy when you see how easy it is…
How to Make Cheesy Taco Pasta Bake
To make this EASY Taco Pasta:
- Brown your beef and onions.
- Dump in your remaining taco-esque ingredients including kidney beans, green chilies, creamed corn, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and homemade taco seasoning and simmer away for 10 minutes…
- Stir in your light cream cheese and your cheeses.
- Stir pasta in the cheesy dynamic sauce until its evenly coated.
- Eat the taco pasta straight from the skillet or pour into a casserole dish and smother with extra cheese. Bake to golden, bubbly cheesy deliciousness.
Tips and Tricks for Taco Pasta
- Drain excess fat. No greasy Taco Pasta here! After you brown the ground beef and onions you will wan to drain excess fat so your pasta doesn’t taste greasy.
- Ground turkey. I love substituting lean ground turkey for lean ground beef. This works great in this cheesy taco pasta bake because it is smothered in sauce. If you choose to use ground turkey, I suggesting adding 2 teaspoons beef bouillon and OMITTING the salt.
- Pasta substitute. My favorite pasta for this cheesy taco casserole is celllentani pasta. You can use a different pasta but I suggest something with ridges like rigatoni.
- Don’t overcook pasta! Cook your pasta just a minute short of al dente so it doesn’t get mushy when baked in the oven.
- Cream cheese. You are welcome to use 1/3 less fat cream cheese just take not it will not melt quite as well.
- Freshly grated cheese. Only use freshly grated cheese in your because packaged cheeses contain chemicals which keep them from easily melting.
- How cheesy? Feel free to use more or less cheese – it is entirely up to you how cheesy you make your Taco Pasta!
- Pepper Jack. You can also substitute the pepper Jack with cheddar or Monterrey if that’s all you have on hand.
- Skillet Taco Pasta. You can eat your pasta straight out of the skillet. Top with cheese and cover for 1-2 minutes so the cheese melts.
- Customize heat. Take care to use mild enchilada sauce and mild green chiles or your taco pasta will be quite spicy. Individuals can customize their own servings with hot sauce to taste.
- Toppings bar! Half the fun of this taco pasta casserole is the toppings! You can create a taco pasta bar so everyone can customize their own taco pasta. Some of my favorites include sour cream, avocados, pico de gallo, and of course crushed tortilla chips or strips!
If you eat one bite you will not be able to control your desires to eat more and more and more…
And love every second.
Looking for more cheesy pasta recipes?
- Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese
- Million Dollar Baked Penne
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
Want to try this (Lighter) Cheesy Taco Pasta Bake?
Pin it to your Mexican, Pasta or Dinner Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
Looking for more Mexican Recipes?