- 1pound linguine
- 1pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 18.5 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 2tablespoons almonds
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon oregano
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon salt
Cook the pasta in salted water. Once al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, add Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto and saute for 1 minute. Add shrimp and continue to saute just until shrimp are opaque. Stir in Parmesan cheese until mostly melted, then add pasta and toss to coat, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten to desired consistency (I used 3/4 cup).
Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.