This Pizza Dip recipe is your favorite pizza in hot, creamy cheesy dip form, prepped in less than 20 minutes with any toppings!
Pizza Dip is a crowd-pleasing creamy, cheesy party dip for birthdays, game day, holidays, and potlucks! This recipe is 100% prep ahead friendly and can be made in oven or slow cooker. The base of this recipe is made with herby cream cheese for luxurious creaminess, mozzarella for the buttery cheese pull and cheddar for flavor, topped with vibrant marinara sauce or pizza sauce, more cheese, then YOUR choice of toppings. Serve this baked and broiled Pizza Dip with toasted baguette slices, pita chips or even vegetables. Best of all, I’ve included all sorts of recipe variations such as BBQ Chicken Pizza Dip and Carne Asada Pizza Dip!
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DIP RECIPE
Pizza Dip Ingredients
The best thing about this Pizza Dip recipe is that it’s easy to customize based on what you have on hand and your personal preferences. I’ve listed my favorite toppings below, but swap out any you don’t love, or even section the dip with different toppings. (Full printable recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of the post).
For the base of the dip:
For the toppings:
HOW TO MAKE Pizza Dip
Creamy, cheesy Pizza Dip couldn’t be easier to make, plus it’s make make-ahead friendly and feeds a crowd. Let’s take a look at how this recipe comes together (full recipe in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
how to serve pizza dip
This Pepperoni Pizza Dip is just begging to be scooped up with your favorite carb of choice — toasted baguette slices, bagel chips, tortilla chips, you name it! Here are some dippers that pair well with this hot, cheesy dip:
possible recipe variations
This easy Pizza Dip recipe has an endless number of variations. If you have a favorite pizza topping, it can go on the dip! Just make sure to cook any raw meat in a skillet before adding it to the dip and thoroughly drain and blot any grease. Similarly, you’ll want to finely chop any vegetables so they’re small enough to cook in the 20 minute bake time. Some pizza dip variations to try include:
pizza dip flavor ideas
Choose your sauce, cheeses and toppings to make this Pizza Dip different every time! Keep the cheeses the same as the original recipe (mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan) unless specified otherwise. Here are a few ideas:
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 12 ounces block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp EACH garlic powder, dried basil
- 1/2 tsp EACH salt, pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
TOPPING Suggestions (pick your favs!)
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara (I use Rao's brand marinara)
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni or cooked crumbled sausage
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (patted dry)
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper (patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- fresh basil and/or parsley (add after baking)
Dippers for serving (pick your favs!)
- Baguette slices (see notes for toasting)
- Crusty bread
- Pita Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and seasonings together in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, deep dish 9-inch pie plate, or 9-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Evenly spread the marinara sauce over top, then sprinkle with the Parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- If using pepperoni, place it in a single layer on a paper towel lined plate and microwave for 45 seconds. Blot the tops of pepperoni with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Evenly top the cheeses with the pepperoni and/or other desired toppings.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and the top begins to brown. Broil if desired for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and blot excess moisture with paper towels (the veggies weep a little). If desired, garnish with additional red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and/or parsley. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving with desired dippers.
- Crockpot Pizza Dip: Follow the instructions up to baking. Add the ingredients to a lightly greased slow cooker, cover and cook on low for low for 2-3 hours, until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Recipe Variations: Change the sauce, protein, veggies, and cheeses. See the post for lots of ideas!
pizza dip flavor ideasChoose your sauce, cheeses and toppings to make this Pizza Dip different every time! Keep the cheeses the same as the original recipe (mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan) unless specified otherwise. Here are a few ideas:
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza Dip: Use barbecue sauce, Gouda and mozzarella cheese and top with shredded chicken tossed in barbecue sauce, thinly sliced red onions, jalapenos and cilantro. Bell peppers and pineapple would also be tasty. Refer to my BBQ Chicken Pizza for the spices I use on my chicken.
- Alfredo Chicken Pizza Dip: Use Alfredo sauce, all mozzarella and Parmesan, and top with blackened chicken and thinly sliced red onions.
- White chicken Pizza Dip: Same as above, but add any additional toppings such as roasted corn, tomatoes, bacon, etc.
- Thai Chicken Pizza Dip: Use this peanut sauce from my Thai Chicken Flatbread, mozzarella, and top with crisp bean sprouts, julienned carrots, slivered scallions and fresh cilantro.
- Hawaiian Pizza Dip: Use barbecue sauce and top with fresh pineapple, Applewood smoked ham or Canadian bacon, thinly sliced jalapenos and chopped green onions.
- Taco Pizza Dip: Top with salsa or enchilada sauce, taco meat (I recommend this recipe), olives and black beans and bake, then finish with chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips and drizzle with avocado crema.
- Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pizza Dip: Top with enchilada sauce, chopped chipotle chicken, bell peppers, roasted corn, black beans and bake, then finish with chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips and drizzle with either 1) avocado crema, 2) cilantro lime dressing or 3) avocado ranch.
- Carne Asada Pizza Dip: Top with a thin layer of chipotle sauce, chopped carne asada, roasted corn, black beans, red bell peppers and bake, then finish with chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips and drizzle with either 1) avocado crema, 2) cilantro lime dressing or 3) avocado ranch.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Dip: Top with blue cheese dressing, chopped buffalo chicken or shredded chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, thinly sliced red onions, and fresh cilantro.
- Greek Chicken Pizza Dip: Top with roasted red pepper sauce, chopped Greek chicken, thinly sliced red onions, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta; bake, then finish with baby arugula and a drizzle of tzatziki.
- California Club Pizza Dip: Top with roasted red pepper sauce, Applewood smoked bacon, charred corn and grilled chicken, bake; then finish with sliced avocado, baby arugula, fresh tomatoes, torn basil.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!