Sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls smothered in the most delectable sauce that will have you wishing for more long after the last slupercilious bite.
These Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls are the ideal quick and easy weeknight dinner. You can prep all your ingredients ahead of time for a meal that comes together in a flash. For this easy Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe I’ve used bell peppers, celery, carrots and cabbage for thee veggies but feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand.
Asian Noodles, oh how I love thee, let me count the ways:
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Korean Spicy Noodles
- Vietnamese Noodles
- Beef and Broccoli Noodles
- Sesame Noodles
- Thai Pumpkin Noodles
Honey Sriracha Chicken
Clearly I have a problem. A tantalizing, sweet heat, sweet fire, sweet Sriracha problem. I hope you share in my sweet and spicy obsession but even if you can’t handle heat (I love you Mom), you can always customize the level of spice in every recipe – including these Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls! I made and photographed these Noodle Bowls weeks ago and after prepping this post the other night, I couldn’t get them out of my mind. I had to make them again. Had to. And I’m so glad I did.
But Patrick might have been more elated for the spontaneous Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls.
As he was stuffing his face, he emphatically proclaimed, “The sauce is perfect.”
As he continued to oooh and ahhhh, he said I should implore you all to make these, or more accurately, “Tell them they have to make these. You can’t let this get lost in the shuffle. Seriously…”
Isn’t he cute? He is so concerned that you might miss out on serious deliciousness if you don’t make these Noodle Bowls.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
This Honey Sriracha Sauce is truly is one of my favorites. Its based off my Mongolian Beef but instead of Asian Sweet Chili Sauce, I have combined honey and Sriracha for sweet heat along with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and splashes of hoisin (like Asian barbecue sauce) and mirin (Japanese sweet cooking rice wine).
If you aren’t familiar with hoisin and mirin (they can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store), they add that extra something-something that elevates this sauce to restaurant quality, obsessive worthy, “you have to make this” quality.
What is in Honey Sriracha Sauce?
- honey: I wouldn’t change the amount of honey but instead customize the heat with the Sriracha
- Sriracha: Sriracha is an Asian hot chili sauce. You can add more or less to completely customize the heat level. You can also add more Sriracha to individual chicken bowls.
- soy sauce: take to use low sodium soy sauce.
- freshly grated ginger: you can substitute a heaping 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- garlic cloves: you can substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- lemon juice: is necessary acidity to brighten and balance the Honey Sriracha Sauce
- sweet Japanese rice wine: Rice wine is NOT rice vinegar- DO NOT switch them out. Rice wine adds a sweetness and depth of flavor. Rice vinegar, on the other hand will add an acidic flavor. I use “Kikkoman Aji-Mirin: Sweet Cooking Rice Seasoning” which is commonly found in the Asian section of most grocery stores or you can Amazon it. I highly suggest you google image before you head off to the grocery store so you know exactly what you are looking for. The best substitute for rice wine is pale dry sherry.
- hoisin sauce: is a Chinese Barbecue sauce and can be found in all supermarkets in the Asian aisle. Only use Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman because not all hoisin sauces are created equal.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls
Step 4: Add noodles and stir until evenly combined. Taste and add additional Sriracha for more heat, more brown sugar for sweeter.
Step 5: Garnish with green onions.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls. How do I love thee? Please make these and find out! For Patrick. For me. For your family. For YOU!
Looking for more Asian recipes?
- Secret Ingredient Beef and Broccoli
- Mongolian Chicken
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Kung Pao Shrimp
Want to try these Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodles?
Pin them to your ASIAN, DINNER or CHICKEN Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: