This Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry is bursting with layers of flavor and on your table in 30 minutes!
This quick an easy Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry is a delectable stir fry of chicken and customizable vegetables all smothered in sweet and tangy Red Curry Hoisin Peanut Sauce – and of course, loaded with juicy pineapple. Its HUGE on flavor with minimal effort. Serve this healthy pineapple chicken stir fry over rice, zoodles or cauliflower rice for a weeknight dinner everyone will love!
Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
This Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry recipe might look familiar because I modified it from my Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps because I am so obsessed with that sweet and savory sauce and now this sauce. And of course I’m obsessed with fresh pineapple. And peanuts. And peanut butter. So now I am obsessed with this Thai inspired Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry! And you will be obsessed with one forkful and giddy once you see how quick and easy it is!
If you’re constantly wondering for “whats for dinner? but don’t want to slave away in the kitchen or eat a bland meal, this Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry is for you. It is restaurant delicious without all the effort or calories! It essentially a chicken stir fry with pineapple, bell peppers, carrots, and celery that you cook then add the outrageously delicious sauce at the end to simmer. How easy is that? I’ll show you!
What Readers are Saying about Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry:
“When I made the Red Curry Hoisin Sauce I knew I had to double this recipe!!!! It was a good thing I did because this was a huge hit! It was SO good and quick and easy that I’m going to make this for my women’s retreat.” – Therese
“Tried this on a whim because it looked easy and fast. It was both … and super delicious. Best of all, not only did the hubby and I like it, both kiddos gave it the thumbs up (a rarity). To recap: easy, fast, delicious and the whole family loved it. This baby got saved to the permanent file immediately. Thank you!” – Meredith
“I’ve been wanting to make this for a while, and finally made it tonight! It was so easy to make and sooooo goooood! James said, “I really like the sauce! Where did you get it?” I told him I made the sauce and it was your recipe! 🙂 “- Keiko
“Tried this tonight and it was absolutely delicious. The peanut butter adds just the right creaminess to the spices. All of the recipes I have tried so far from your site have been big hits.” – Carrie
How to Make Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
Step 1: Make Stir Fry Sauce
The Stir Fry Sauce is a quick whisking together of hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, red curry paste, ginger, garlic, basil, Asian chili sauce. If you aren’t familiar with hoisin sauce, it can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store.
Step 2: Stir Fry
Stir fry your chicken and red onions just until the outside of the chicken is opaque then add your, bell pepper, carrots and celery and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Step 3: Add Sauce
Stir in pineapple and Red Curry Hoisin Sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Taste and add additional sugar for sweeter, lime juice for tangier, Asian hot chili garlic Sauce or sriracha for spicier.
Step 4: Garnis1. Top with fresh pineapple, crushed peanuts and green onions because it is all about the garnish…and the sauce.
Can I use Canned Pineapple?
Absolutely! You can use either fresh or canned pineapple in this Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry recipe, as long as it equals ½ cup diced pineapple.
I prefer fresh pineapple, but sometimes that is more expensive and the pineapple is not ripe in time. Canned pineapple is a great option for convenience so you can make this chicken stir fry any night of the week!
Can I use Chicken Thighs?
Yes! You can use either chicken breasts or chicken things in this recipe. I chose chicken breasts because they are leaner and will remain wonderfully juicy as long as they are not overcooked. You could even swap the chicken for pork.
Can I use Different Vegetables?
This Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry is completely customizable as far as the veggies go. I chose bell peppers, carrots and celery but it would also be delicious with broccoli, water chestnuts, snap peas, asparagus or zucchini – simply stir fry whatever veggies you have in your fridge!
What Goes with Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry?
TIPS FOR MAKING PINEAPPLE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- Don’t overcook your chicken or it won’t be as juicy.
- Only use quality hoisin sauce like Kikkoman or Lee Kum Kee because they taste far superior.
- Avoid natural peanut butter in the stir fry sauce because it doesn’t melt as well.
- You may need to add more or less sugar depending on how sweet your pineapple is.
- Add Asian Chili Sauce to taste. You’ll be amazed at how amping up the heat enhances all the other flavors.
- Garnish, garnish, garnish! The crushed peanuts add a tasty contrasting crunch.
Looking for more easy Stir Fry Recipes?
- Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
- Honey Coconut Chicken Stir Fry
- Honey Lemon Chicken Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Kung Pao Shrimp Stir Fry
Want to try this Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry Recipe?
Pin it to your 30 MINUTE MEALS, CHICKEN, or ASIAN Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Thai Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple (I prefer fresh)
Red Curry Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tablespoons quality hoisin sauce (Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar , more or less depending on how sweet pineapple is
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 scant teaspoon freshly grated ginger (¼ teaspoon ground)
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Asian chili garlic paste/sauce to taste (we like a lot)
- 3-4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- plenty of fresh, chopped pineapple
- crushed peanuts
- chopped green onion
- Whisk together all of the Red Curry Hoisin Sauce ingredients in a medium bowl EXCEPT the peanut butter. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add red onions and chicken and cook just until outside of chicken is no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add pepper, carrots and celery and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in pineapple and Red Curry Hoisin Sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Taste and add additional sugar for sweeter, lime juice for tangier, Asian hot chili garlic Sauce or sriracha for spicier. Top with fresh pineapple, crushed peanuts and green onions. Serve with rice.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
©Carlsbad Cravings Original