One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup is wonderfully creamy, hearty and comforting but so easy – destined to become a new family favorite!
This easy White Chicken Lasagna Soup tastes just like white chicken lasagna with cheesy layers of noodles smothered in velvety Italian spiced Parmesan infused sauce without all the layering or dishes! Simply sauté chicken and veggies and dump in all ingredients and simmer away for a pot of velvety, slurpilicoius flavor!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE FOR LATER
Chicken Lasagna Soup Video
So it happened. My Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup joined the 1 Million Pinterest Club along with my Cream Cheese Stuffed Banana Bread Coffee Cake, Chili Lime Chicken Tacos and my Southwest Pepper Jack Salad (2M)! And I must say it is well deserved because that soup is the BOMB with tons of glowing reviews – definitely a readers favorite. If you haven’t tried that One Pot Lasagna Soup yet, please make it this winter because it is SO much easier than traditional lasagna and you will be doing yourself and your whole family a big, comforting cheesy pot of a favor.
Today’s One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup was definitely inspired by my aforementioned Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup, as I use the same technique but I wanted to created a lusciously creamy soup because who doesn’t love creamy soup?! From my Chicken Gnocchi Soup to my White Bean Ham Tortellini Soup to my New England Clam Chowder and White Chicken Chili. creamy soups are the most comforting foods on the planet.
The inspiration for this White Chicken Lasagna Soup more comes from our trip to Cancun. Random, right? A couple years ago, Patrick and I were going to go with my family to Lake Powell. I had been receiving home IV antibiotics through a PIC Line (IV inserted in the upper arm) for pneumonia and so I scheduled to have my line removed a day earlier then we were all going to drive up to Lake Powell that morning together. Unfortunately, I got the call that a family member was sick which meant I would not be going to Lake Powell as I cannot be around anyone who is sick due to being immuno suppressed (due to my lung transplant in 1999, see story HERE). So my hero husband booked us a spontaneous trip to Cancun the next morning. In fact, you can see a pic of my bandaged IV arm in Cancun HERE on IG.
So long story made longer, the All Inclusive Resort we stayed at boasted an AH-mazing Italian restaurant with a Bechamel Lasagna that I ordered on TWO separate occasions. The way the velvety sauce cradled the thin noodles in every comforting bite was dream worthy. And I knew I had to recreate it in one way or another. So this One Pot White Chicken Lasagna is my tribute. And its a good one. Patrick couldn’t stop raving about the cheesy layers of goodness. And I still can’t get over the “can’t-get-any-easier” approach of dumping all the noodles into one pot without the time-consuming, tedious, layering!
How to Make White chicken Lasagna Soup
To make your One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup, saute your chicken for a couple minutes, then remove to a plate, then saute your onions, carrots, bell peppers and garlic.
Sprinkle in some flour, cook, then stir in your chicken broth, white beans, and your cast of seasonings including parsley, basil, oregano and thyme because all that liquid cream needs some flA-vor! Next, add your lasagna noodles and simmer away until the noodles are al dente.
Next, stir in half and half, optional heavy cream, chopped spinach and warm through.
Finally, stir in 1 cup Parmesan Cheese for extra luscious creaminess…
And you are ready to top your individual bowls with shredded mozzarella cheese, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese– as little or as MUCH as you like!
Now the list of ingredients might seem long, but keep in mind you are just dumping and running after a quick veggie saute to let the sauce simmer and cook the noodles while your whole home fills with the tantalizing rich aroma of of one of the most comforting soups you will ever devour, one pot soups.
I can never get enough of the texture of the thin al dente lasagna noodles blanketed by Parmesan cream velvety goodness. And I don’t want to. Thank you Cancun.
Slurp, shovel, repeat.
LOOKING FOR MORE ONE POT SOUPS?
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Miso Soup with Chicken, Veggies, Shiitake Mushrooms
- Loaded Zuppa Toscana
- Cheesy Taco Soup
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Italian Vegetable Soup
- Lemon Chicken Soup with Tortellini
- Tomato Basil Soup
Want to try this White Chicken Lasagna Soup?
Pin it to your SOUP, DINNER, or CHICKEN Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 9-11 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 15 oz can canneli beans, rinsed and rained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp EACH dried parsley, dried basil
- 1/2 tsp EACH dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- dash- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces*
- 2-3 cups half and half (may sub fat free evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 10 oz chopped frozen baby spinach, thawed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large Dutch oven/soup pot over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until almost cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Melt butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil in the now empty pot and heat over medium high heat. Add onions and carrots and cook, while stirring, for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour then cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes (it will be thick).
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally so noodles don’t stick to bottom (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Turn heat to low, discard bay leaf and stir in half and half, optional heavy cream and spinach and warm through. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in additional half and half or broth if desired for a less “chunky” soup. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.
**If you want to omit the heavy cream but still would like a thicker soup then I suggest whisking 2 teaspoons cornstarch with some of the chicken broth and adding to the soup to simmer and thicken.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original