Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Taco Cups might just be the perfect bite! Cheesy sweet heat juicy chicken packed into baked crispy, taco wonton cups topped with the option of creamy, sweet and tangy Mango Salsa! These layered bites of yum make a fun, easy, satisfying dinner or a winning crowd pleasing appetizer everyone will gobble right up!
Honey Lime with salsa verde has always been one of my favorite flavor combinations ever! I’ve used this dynamic duo in Slow Cooker Chicken, Enchiladas, tacos, and even Tortilla Soup. I have even combined these ingredients with mango to make 30 Minute Chicken in Mango Verde Sauce (readers’ fav – read the reviews!), so to say I’m obsessed, would be accurate. And when you are obsessed with something, you can’t get enough, so I’ve created these delectably adorable Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Taco Cups so we can all eat more honey lime salsa verde!
Now, can I pause and thank the person who dreamt up baked wonton cups? Every bit as addictingly crunchy as traditional wontons without the folding, sealing and frying and more crunch to filling ratio than tacos. Foodie paradise.
These blink-and-their-gone Chicken Taco Cups are stuffed with my Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken that is irresistibly delicious all on its own and make these these Chicken Taco Cups an absolute cinch to throw together. Once your dump and run chicken is cooked, it will take you all but 20 minutes from start to finish to make these Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Taco Cups that pack a dynamic punch of texture, flavor and spice.
Simply bake the wonton wrappers in a muffin tin for 5 minutes, add your try-not-to-eat-it-all-before-you-stuff-the-cups-chicken filling, pile with cheese – as much or as little as you like depending on your cheesy desires – and bake for 5-7 more minutes until the wontons are crispy and your cheese is oh so melty, cradling every nook and cranny of chicken filling.
Next, the sweet heat cheesy chicken filling is crowned with your favorite taco fixings – lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, mangoes, etc. My personal favorite topping is Mango Guacamole as I find the velvety sweet and tangy creaminess the perfect cool and refreshing compliment to the crispy chicken taco cups and you make the mango guacamole while your chicken is slow cooking, making it even faster to throw these babies together!
And finally you get to inhale your Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Taco Cups cup after cup after cup for crunchy, juicy, sweet and spicy cheesylicious in bite…after bite…after bite…Foodie PARADISE...
Want to try these Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Taco Cups?
Pin it to your APPETIZER, MEXICAN, or CHICKEN Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER recipes?
- Queso Verde Corn Dip
- Artichoke Dip Bites
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Homemade Salsa
- Baked Chipotle Honey Lime Hot Wings
- Homemade Cheesy Taco Chili Dip
Looking for more Mexican recipes?
- Salsa Verde Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Loaded Carne Asada Fries
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Pineapple Cucumber Slaw
- Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
- Smothered Baked Chicken Burritos
Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Taco Cups
- 1 recipe Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 24 wontons wrappers *
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, more or less
Easy Mango Guacamole
- sour cream
- fresh lime
- Prepare Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken according to directions but add 1 can black beans to cook with chicken. Once cooked, drain off any excess liquid. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, make Easy Mango Guacamole by adding all of the ingredients to a medium bowl EXCEPT mangoes. Mash guacamole to desired consistency then stir to fully incorporate sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in mangoes. Season with salt and pepper and additional lime juice to taste. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the wells of 2 12-count muffin tins with non-stick spray. Press a wonton wrapper into each well and bake for 5 minutes.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of Chicken into each wrapper and top with approximately 1 teaspoon cheese. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and wonton wrappers are crispy. Broil cheese until golden if desired.
- Top taco cups with lettuce, Mango Guacamole and any other desired Taco Toppings and serve!
**Total time does not include cooking the Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken as this will vary between individuals.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original