Incredibly juicy, tender, flavor exploding Greek Chicken made with an EASY marinade will become one of your favorite go-to chicken recipes! Its’ my husband’s all-time favorite marinated chicken and perfect to have on hand for salads, gyros, chicken rice bowls, sandwiches, pasta, risotto, veggie etc. It just makes everything better (and easier)!
How to Make Greek Chicken Video
This marinated Greek Chicken is guaranteed to become a family favorite staple with its easy prep, pantry ingredients, and the fact you can make it ahead of time making dinner time a breeze. A wonderfully delicious, Greek breeze.
I love this marinated Greek chicken so much I’ve already shared recipes using it such as my Greek Chicken Gyros, Chicken Souvlaki, Beef Souvlvaki, Greek Gyro Pizza and One Pot BAKED Greek Chicken Risotto. With grilling season upon us, however, I wanted to highlight just this chicken, so you can grill it up, serve with some veggies/hummus/lemon rice/potatoes and call it a healthy, scrumptious meal or go Mediterranean style and serve with Greek pasta salad, flatbread, tomatoes, red onions, feta and either Tzatziki or yogurt and call it a delightful taste of Greece. But one of my favorite ways to serve this chicken is my Greek Chicken Salad with Pita Croutons and Tzatziki Dressing – heaven. Can you tell I’m in love with this chicken?
Now onto this obsessive worthy Greek Chicken Marinade! Simply whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and our hand picked herbs and seasonings of fresh garlic, dried oregano, basil, onion powder, cumin, salt, pepper and paprika. By using both lemon juice and balsamic as well as layers of spices, we ensure our chicken isn’t flat/one note but seeping with a symphony of flavors and oh so tender!
Looking for more Greek recipes?
I hope you love this Greek Chicken Marinade as much as we do and I highly recommend these Greek Chicken Gyro Flatbread Pizzas...
This AH-mazing Greek Chicken Salad with PITA Croutons…
More easy Chicken Marinades
- Chipotle Chicken
- Chili Lime Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken
- Lemon Basil Chicken
- Salsa Verde Chicken
- Lemongrass Chicken
Want to try this Best Ever Greek Chicken Marinade Recipe?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, GRILL, or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Greek Chicken Marinade
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2" thickness
Greek Chicken Marinade
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp EACH cumin, dried basil, onion pwdr, sugar, salt
- 1/4 tsp EACH pepper, paprika
- Whisk together all of the Greek Marinade ingredients in a large freezer bag and add chicken. Marinate 4-8 hours..
- Remove chicken from fridge and let sit at room temperature 20-30 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, drain chicken from marinade, pat dry and add to skillet.
- Cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 4-6 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original